Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
A little background. I got on Facebook (FB) because the person who is contracted to do the social media for a venue I often play at wants to link to me in promotions. She says she can't link to my website on FB. So I went on a couple of months ago.

Once a week or so, it tells me I'm locked out, and it does the dual-factor confirmation
A) click the link
B) type the CAPTCHA
C) get the code via e-mail
D) type in or paste the code and I'm in.

That worked fine until it didn't. After typing the code in, I got a “System error” message. The message in red type said "Error performing query, Clicked “Resend Code”

Tried again, same message.

Figuring they are having trouble, I tried again later. That's when the real trouble began.

1) After opening FB, entering my username and password I get this message:

2) "Bob, your account has been locked
We saw unusual activity on your account. This may mean that someone has used your account without your knowledge.
Account locked June 11, 2024
To protect you, your profile is not visible to people on Facebook and you can't use your account.
What can I do?
Try coming back on a phone or computer you’ve used to log into Facebook before."
(Note I'm using the only computer I've ever used).

3) Cleared my cache, rebooted my computer,

4) signed in to FB and get another message: "Your account has been locked, and to unlock, click the next link, and I click it"

5) So I click Next and followed all the instructions, satisfy the CAPTCHA -- get a code via e-mail and type it in -- next upload positive identification, and they say they will get back to me.

6) They get back to me with an e-mail subject "You can now get back into your account" so I follow the instructions to a "T" and when I log in I get the same message as in step 4

It's steps 4, 5, and 6 again and again (i quit after a dozen)

To add insult to injury, they keep sending me "Reminder To Unlock Your Facebook Account" and when I do, it's steps 4, 5, and 6 again.

Even worse, they tell me I have messages, I cllck the link and it's steps 4, 5, and 6, again.

Stuck in a loop.

I google and every suggestion to contact FB is a dead end. They don't answer the phone, they don't answer e-mails, and I'm still locked out.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
"next upload positive identification" ?
Sounds like some kind of hack ..

1 Scan
2 Don't FB
3 I haven't FB'd in years .. so I've not seen this particular issue, but I do recall FB being real slow to perform any manual actions, not sure if any of this helps

I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Make your sound your own!
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Does your net provider get your location correct? Kinetic will indicate that I'm in a different town about every time I log in to a site.
That can make providers think somebody else has tried to log into your account. But they typically send a text that you can use to confirm that it is you.
This is only peripherally related to your issue admittedly.

I've been a fb user for 12 years and have never heard of a situation like yours.
FWIW, my initial reaction is that it is not a hack but something re your account that has corrupted on fb's end.

Hopefully somebody will respond that has been through a similar situation.

Bud

You can listen to our catalog on Apple Music or Spotify by searching on Janice Merritt
Our Videos are here on our website
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Short answer: I don't know. I've never seen this.

It does sound like your Facebook account may have been hacked, and this could be a fishing expedition.
Following up on Bud's comment, and this is another guess, did you recently enable a VPN for your browsing?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Try a different browser (make sure that browser is at latest version).
Make sure your computer clock is synced.
+1 on VPN

Not FB related, but I had a couple of strange login issues in the past where items above played a role.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks for the suggestions.

Different browser doesn't help. Disabling the VPN doesn't make a difference.

The complete lack of tech support on FB is inexcusable. I have no desire to be on this piece of trash, except a place I gig at wants to use our reputation to promote the nights we gig there. They hire an outside consultant for social media, and she won't link to my website, instead wants to link to my FB account.

I think the day there was an error in the two factor verification, might be the culprit, but I don't know how to let FB know, or if there is anybody in FB who really cares.

So far, life was better without it.

Notes ♫

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Simple, use your wife's phone or different email to create a new Facebook page.
Shouldn't take long to upload a few pics of promotion stuff.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I've opened a new personal account, but not a band account. I'm not sure if this is even a good idea, but I thought I might be able to get some advice from other FB members or some kind of FB help chat. So far I haven't found any FB help chats.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Good luck with getting Facebook to help. My buddy Danny went through half a dozen ( that's 6 for the folks who don't know what a dozen is ) different accounts due to the same thing you're experiencing.

I have had Facebook remove one of my groups on the platform without any notice and absolutely no reply to my inquiry as to why they removed it. 3500 members and woke up one day and it was gone. Disappeared. Poof!

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I'm beginning to think my days on FB are numbered.

Life has been fine the last few decades without it.

If this last try doesn't work, it's definitely not worth any more of my time.

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
My Facebook experience is if you wait a bit they will let you back in.

I was in Facebook Jail because a friend of mine has a Kung Fu business that I was sharing his posts to my friends. It must have been to much for Facebook because they gave me a 2 week hiatus.

...Deb

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Follow the lead of the venue that created the issue you have. Hire an outside consultant for social media to build you a FB account and page in order to link it to that venue's page as well as market your group, music and BIAB business. It's an investment the same as introducing a new instrument into your band and playlist.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Our duo has gigged consistently since the 1980s, without Facebook. The only time we were out of work was during the COVID lockdown. In fact, we have to block out vacation time in advance or else we won't get one.

I don't see where hiring someone to manage Facebook for us will be a good exp endure of cash.

And I don't think this issue is going to resolve itself.

Since I got a “System error” — try again later — during a dual-factor test when trying to log in, and I've been stuck in an endless loop since, I suspect some data corruption. Since there is absolutely zero human help available at Farcebook, the account will probably stay in limbo forever.

The disappearance of actual humans working for a huge company is disheartening.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Notes, you are probably struggling with a robo-machine, not a real human. My feelings are that you can liaise with a robo-machine forever, and go nowhere, because robo-machines only give output, they never receive, understand, contemplate, interpret or have any comprehension of feedback.

Good luck, but remember, in all these commercial applications, if the product is free, then you are the product. 'Mark' my words.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
And probably if you were to put up a few cover songs on Facebook they will come down on that too.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I had a few 10 and 30 day stints in the Facebook jail during the pandemic for saying things that were true, and have since been proven so, but at the time went against the narrative, so the ministry of truth deemed my comments to be too inappropriate for the delicate ears of the denizens of FB, and ended up putting me in "time-out".

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
They jailed you huh?
Hope you learned your lesson, which is don't facebook.

OP, have you tried this?
https://www.facebook.com/help/105487009541643

Under
Recover your Facebook account from a friend's or family member’s account

There are ways to do it, and there actually are people who talk on the phone there, but it's a lot of effort to get to to that point

Last edited by rharv; 06/19/24 03:47 PM.

I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Make your sound your own!
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
Notes, you are probably struggling with a robo-machine, not a real human. My feelings are that you can liaise with a robo-machine forever, and go nowhere, because robo-machines only give output, they never receive, understand, contemplate, interpret or have any comprehension of feedback.

Good luck, but remember, in all these commercial applications, if the product is free, then you are the product. 'Mark' my words.

Exactly the way I feel. Which is why I tried to find some actual human help. So far, I haven't found any.

I get at least a half dozen e-mails a day telling me I have until July 4 to reactivate my account. Seems like my troubles will be over then, as I won't have an account anymore.

And I know, I'm the product, which is why I don't join many of these sites. If the venue I often gig at didn't encourage me to join, I wouldn't have.

I've been gigging in this duo since the 1980s, and the only time we didn't have gigs is during the COVID lockdown.

I can't understand what that resort advertises only on Facebook. My webpage http://www.s-cats.com is visible to everyone on the Internet, his site is only visible to Facebook members. Doesn't make sense to me.

Notes ♫

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
I had a few 10 and 30 day stints in the Facebook jail during the pandemic for saying things that were true<...snip...>

They actually WERE true? Isn't that against the rules?

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by rharv
<...snip...>
OP, have you tried this?
https://www.facebook.com/help/105487009541643

Under
Recover your Facebook account from a friend's or family member’s account<...>

Thanks. I'll try that.

I've been to that page before, but I don't have any friends on yet, but I can create a new account and be my own friend.

Notes ♫

Last edited by Notes Norton; 06/20/24 10:54 AM.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,967
Posts751,709
Members38,959
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Alesha, jarredou, jadecomeria58, Seraphinang, Nevillberger
38,959 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
rsdean 105