Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Noel, I'll look at that, although the speed situation seem to be ok now.

Cheers

Music should be part of your life
http://www.soundclick.com/blackcatjazzcafeband
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Ok Noel, I tried that and the Stopping at random places still occurs. It seems it does it mostly when RT's are present.
Don't know what else to do. You guys have been tremendous.
Thanks

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
cb..

shots in the dark...

1...could you post the bb song file somewhere ...so rest of us can test it.
2..and please note resolving problems is often step by step detective work....so please be patient.
3..please also see my tips in tips forum re useing an existing pc for music production and see if anything might twig you re your system.
note the various optimisation tips and links.
4..for starters please post back details of your system..and a pic of task manager showing memory useage and cpu useage....while running bb.
5..in addition what pg pak do you have ?? ultrapak ??
do you run off the for example upak connected via usb ?? or did you do a full install from the pg pak....or minimal install ??
6..one thing i would test re the stops is...IF you in fact did a install.to your pc instead i would suggest running a test with pg pak drive connected via usb and see if stops go away running direct from the extenal pg drive....note all my work is done useing external connected pg drive and minimal install...never had a problem.just run a test.
7..are you connected to the net while doing music production ??
i never am...cos ive been burnt in the past. see my tips to save retyping.
8..wha make of sound device do you use ??
9..i ensure that win and bb and the sound device are set to
44.1 16 bit...check this on your pc....and sound device.
also does your sound device have a on screen user alp...
if so what is the buffer system ??

the more info you can give the better otherwise people trying to help you are often flying blind.

happinesd.

om 🇨🇦🇨🇦 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/11/24 04:15 PM.

my songs....mixed for good earbuds...(fyi..my vocs on all songs..)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs
(90 songs created useing bb/rb.)
Veteran
Veteran
Mike,

Is the song an up tempo one with a number of Realtracks? Sometimes fast songs used to catch up with the regeneration process on older computers and playback paused while regeneration caught up. With this in mind, one other thing to try is...

(1) right click on the chordsheet
(2) select Song Settings
(3) activate, "This song has playback problems, disable fast generation" (it's the second last option in the right-hand column)
(4) regenerate the song

--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Noel, yes I've done all that and no cigar. Not sure what to do.

Cheers

Veteran
Veteran
Mike,

Close down BIAB. Now go to the /bb folder and double-click on bbw.exe. This will start the 32-bit version of BIAB. (The 64-bit version is started using bbw64.exe.) When the 32-bit version is ready to go, load in a song and see if it plays.

Also, how is your disk space going? That could cause issues when storage for temporary files is needed. Have the temporary files that Windows creates been allowed to build up at all?

--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Noel, sorry I just saw this message. I'll try that. I think that my storage space is ok.

Thanks

Mike B.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Noel, no matter which one I run, 32 or 64, still do it. is frustrating because I have not done anything different that I'm aware of to cause this, it was fine just a week or so ago.
I'll check Oldmusso tips.
Thanks to all

Veteran
Veteran
Mike,

Just checking... when you first generate the song, do all the Realtracks fully generate? You will be able to see if they do by using the new "Tracks View".

--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Well.. sometimes might go thru the whole song the first time without a problem, but, sometimes it stop playing before finishing.

Mike B.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by cubanpete
Well.. sometimes might go thru the whole song the first time without a problem, but, sometimes it stop playing before finishing.

Mike B.

Hi Mike,

Does this mean that when you generate a song and you are watching the tracks get generated in the new "Tracks View", sometimes the tracks don't finish generating?

--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
Pete, in your first post you said this:

“ Close it and then open it again then the cursor rushes back to that spot “

Does “it” mean close the song and reload, or close BIAB and reload?

Wild hunch: did you assemble this song using any individual RealTracks that are set to a different time base (double-time etc.)?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Noel96 #813868 06/14/24 03:11 PM
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Noel, no, I have not done that. The only time I watched the tracks being generated it so happens that the whole song played ok, but my question is; lets say that the song stopped but the tracks generated fine, what would that means?
Interesting, I'll report back on this

Mike B.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Matt, I meant to close the song and when reload it the "rushing" happens. And no mostly happens with any song even from the style pick.

Mike B.

Noel96 #813877 06/14/24 03:49 PM
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Noel, I did the "song settings" advice an no joy, however i discovered that even tough it stopped at some point before finishing, it generated the real tracks and drums for the whole song, however, I could not play it back.
On another note, I'm sorry to put you all thru this because it has to be frustrating for you all too. I appreciate it immensely!!

Mike B.

Veteran
Veteran
Mike,

Your problem really has me flummoxed now. That BIAB should stop playback at random places and then, when the song is reloaded, resumes playback from the place at which it stopped is something I've never come across before. While it's possible that playback may be affected by something like an intense antivirus check, as far as I'm aware, BIAB does not store playback-resume information, so when the song is reloaded, I have no idea how BIAB takes you back to the spot that the break occurred. This sounds like there is some other program involved that is causing this.

Have you loaded or started using any new software recently?

Also... have you tried using different audio drivers? Whenever I have problems with BIAB, I always try the three available audio drivers ASIO, WAS and MME. Usually, I run on MME as that is the friendliest of divers for BIAB with most systems.

Lastly... do you only run one instance of BIAB at a time or do you have multiple instances open?

--Noel

Last edited by Noel96; 06/15/24 03:56 AM. Reason: added the "Also..." and the "Lastly..."

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #813923 06/15/24 03:47 AM
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
mike.

upthread i ssked for info on your recording pc rig.
its very difficult to help without this info...
eg a pic of active tasks on your pc when your problems occur.
ie a pic of windows task manager...
essentially the rest of us are guessing.without info from you.

i agree with noel i suspect another task running on your pc is locking out biab.
eg are you on the net while running biab....??
i use a seperate pc for the net so there is no possibility of biab being locked out
by a net activity or task...
so please post back the requested info mate...its important so people can help you...otherwise we all are grabbing at straws and flying blind.
please also read my tips in tips forum re useing any pc for music production...
and run the utility in point 1...latency monitor which reports the suitability of a pc for music production....also lots of tips re optimising a pc for music production.

happiness.

om 🇨🇦🇨🇦. 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/15/24 03:57 AM.

my songs....mixed for good earbuds...(fyi..my vocs on all songs..)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs
(90 songs created useing bb/rb.)
Noel96 #813934 06/15/24 06:08 AM
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted by Noel96
................................. While it's possible that playback may be affected by something like an intense antivirus check, as far as I'm aware, BIAB does not store playback-resume information, so when the song is reloaded, I have no idea how BIAB takes you back to the spot that the break occurred. This sounds like there is some other program involved that is causing this.

--Noel

A few years ago I had problems with Defender interfering with BiaB. I don't remember exactly what the problem was but when I excluded the entire BB folder from Defender scanning the problem went away and has not returned. CCleaner or any other program that checks files prior or during their movement can interfere also.

Have you done a full anti-virus scan?
Have you done an anti-malware scan?
Have you DL RKill?
Or Adwcleaner? All programs are free or have free versions.
If I have a problem I run CCleaner, RKill, Adwcleaner, Anti-Malwarebytes, and Windows Security in that order.

Inflation is so bad that CEOs are now playing miniature golf!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B
Originally Posted by cubanpete
Hi Noel, I did the "song settings" advice an no joy, however i discovered that even tough it stopped at some point before finishing, it generated the real tracks and drums for the whole song, however, I could not play it back.
On another note, I'm sorry to put you all thru this because it has to be frustrating for you all too. I appreciate it immensely!!

Mike B.

Could you give us the specs of your computer?
You might have to upgrade your computer to a more powerful system in order to fix your problem. smile

A BIAB user for more than 30 years (if you can believe it) !
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
No, I have not run a malware scan or virus yet, I will in awhile.
here are some of the specs:

Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 22H2 (build 19045.4529)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United States)
Installed: 6/13/2022 1:41:58 PM
Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB)
Boot Mode: UEFI (Secure Boot likely not supported by this UEFI)
System Model
Hewlett-Packard p6823w
System Serial Number: MXX12109N3
Asset Tag: MXX12109N3
Enclosure Type: Desktop
Pr
3.00 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X4 960T
512 kilobyte primary memory cache
2 megabyte secondary memory cache
6 megabyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Not hyper-threaded
2.02 Terabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
554.48 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

hp DVD RW AD-7251H5 SATA CdRom Device [Optical drive]

Generic- Compact Flash USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 3
Generic- MS/MS-Pro USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 5
Generic- SD/MMC USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 2
Generic- SM/xD-Picture USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 4
SPCC Solid State Disk (1.02 TB) -- drive 0, s/n 139307220D3C00353560, rev SBFMKA.3, SMART Status: Healthy
WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 [Hard drive] (1.00 TB) -- drive 1, s/n WD-WMC6Y0PA4PMV, rev 01.01A01, SMART Status: Health

Now, these are the same conditions like it was before I started to have any problems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,770
Posts749,019
Members38,872
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
mariabooth48, Karim Buzdar, nykiaspradley5@gma, stephanieadlam, danielito
38,875 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 141