Print Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DrDan #814034 06/15/24 06:50 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by DrDan
Well I like to think I have a "super duper computer system", However, using your file and editing however possible, best I could get was everything except "smooth triplet eighths" crazy

I am pretty sure I know exactly what we are trying to get here, and as i said I made every combination in F6 for these bars and there was everything but the "one and a two and a" ...

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

DrDan #814035 06/15/24 07:08 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
B
BIABman Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Well I like to think I have a "super duper computer system", However, using your file and editing however possible, best I could get was everything except "smooth triplet eighths" crazy

I am pretty sure I know exactly what we are trying to get here, and as i said I made every combination in F6 for these bars and there was everything but the "one and a two and a" ...

It's a tricky bugger for sure. smile

A BIAB user for more than 30 years (if you can believe it) !
BIABman #814038 06/15/24 07:43 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Anyone have sheet music for this? That's my language. Somebody earlier in some thread asked if I know notation. Yes, I do. I have written pieces for big bands and symphony orchestras.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
B
BIABman Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
Anyone have sheet music for this? That's my language. Somebody earlier in some thread asked if I know notation. Yes, I do. I have written pieces for big bands and symphony orchestras.

I don't have sheet music for it, but I was trying to trace that magic chord in bar 17. How it got there etc.
The best I could do was peek into the Audio view, and see the wave for it.
Then I copied it to another bar to see how I could manipulate it.

But I still don't have a clue how to enter it in the Chord view. I even tried to copy and paste the invisible bar but that didn't work.

Actually, come to think of it, I do have the sheet music for the song, but it's inside a video, if that would help you.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by BIABman
I was trying to get a style to sound like the band demo they have at their website.
If you can get the micro chord bar to play smooth triplet eighths I'll be your monkey's uncle.

OK, Back to basics. I need to get some clarification. Please explain if the Band Demo you mentioned above played the smooth triplet eights you are seeking. Yes, or No?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
B
BIABman Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
I was trying to get a style to sound like the band demo they have at their website.
If you can get the micro chord bar to play smooth triplet eighths I'll be your monkey's uncle.

OK, Back to basics. I need to get some clarification. Please explain if the Band Demo you mentioned above played the smooth triplet eights you are seeking. Yes, or No?

Hi AudioTrack.

Oh no. These are two totally separate issues.
The Band demo was strictly a general 'style sound' issue.
The micro chord bar is dealing specifically with micro chords.

There were no micro chords involved in the Band demo/style discussion.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
bbman...

i dont know if this helps but im kinda chuffed at myself...lol.
got it working per your note layout image.
not bad for a dumb rocker like me...lol.

ie...da tada tadadadadadada...right ??
in swing jazz vibe...

heres how i got it...hopefully it helps eg bar 14.

1..i erased the existing frozen vibes real track in track window....then
2..i left bar 14 in chord window blank...then
3...i entered in bb piano roll your note pattern per your note image..then...
4...i used sforzando p!ugin i loaded up on what was your vibes track i had deleted..what was a rt waveform track..now a midi track...then...
5...in sforzando i used playable track set to vibes in sforzando.
et voila...success.

yippee...phew...lmao.
i know its a tad convoluted but it was only way to do it useing piano roll in conjunction with selecting playable vibes real track in sforzando.

to summarise..whats happening here ??...answer essentially we have used a modified playable real track driven by the piano roll triplets you wanted...per your image.
fyi playable tracks are a very nice feature now in bb....
ie essential!y now ...with a bit of work...the song creator now can control what the session muso is doing....see pg manual n vids for further info on playable real tracks etc etc.

maybe youll think my method is rubbish...dunno...buti found it the only
way rather than useing microhords feature....

....its catchy...da dada dadadadadadada...
very cool result imho....

hth...me a happy lad...i hate to be beaten by this stuff.
is it a workaround ??...some might think that...but only solution to the dilemma imho.

happiness.

om 🇨🇦🇨🇦 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/16/24 10:49 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
B
BIABman Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
Originally Posted by justanoldmuso
bbman...

ie...da tada tadadadadadada...right ??
in swing jazz vibe...

to summarise..whats happening here ??...answer essentially we have used a modified playable real track driven by the piano roll triplets you wanted...per your image.
fyi playable tracks are a very nice feature now in bb....
ie essential!y now ...with a bit of work...the song creator now can control what the session muso is doing....see pg manual n vids for further info on playable real tracks rtc etc.

maybe youll think my method is rubbish...dunno...buti found it the only
way rather than useing microhords feature....

....its catchy...da dada dadadadadadada...
very cool result imho....

hth...me a happy lad...i hate to bebeaten by this stuff.
is it a workaround ??...some might think that...but only solution to the dilemma imho.

happiness.

om 🇨🇦🇨🇦 🇬🇧🇬🇧

"ie...da tada tadadadadadada...right ??"

Yes that's it. smile

Thanks for going the extra distance on this muso!
Rather than me trying to recreate everything you did, for the time being,
can you upload your solution (a file) somewhere where I can listen to it first?

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
bbman..

ok...suggest a file upload site that doesnt want my personal info and
setting up accounts blah blah.

btw...big day today...england play footie with serbia in euros...
so if you dont hear from for a coupla hours.

when you get the file notice the bar 14 in piano roll...
and sforzando setting..

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/16/24 10:58 AM.

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
B
BIABman Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
bbman..

ok...suggest a file upload site that doesnt want my personal info and
setting up accounts blah blah.

btw...big day today...england play footie with serbia in euros...
so if you dont hear from for a coupla hours.

when you get the file notice the bar 14 in piano roll...
and sforzando setting..

om

Not sure, I thought you were the computer guru here? smile
Maybe Google Drive?

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
bbman..

ok found a site...dload link

https://files.fm/u/mhdsuvn6be

tell me if it works.....OR...

https://www.uploadlite.com/d/QwLuKoON3AZeLW

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/16/24 11:52 AM.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
B
BIABman Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
bbman..

ok found a site...dload link

https://files.fm/u/mhdsuvn6be

tell me if it works.....OR...

https://www.uploadlite.com/d/QwLuKoON3AZeLW

om

Thanks again for helping muso!

I got the file. smile
Nice sparse piano playing.

There's just a few problems though.
I'm looking for vibes.
I'm looking for long held notes with the vibes.
And most importantly with this challenge, I'm looking for that micro chord triplet (E9,F9) (E9,F9). smile

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
bbman...

england 1 serbia 0...so far...yay..

ive taken it as far as i can mate...

1.. was mainly focused on bar 14 with an example of triplets per your image.

2..if you want long held notes you can draw them in piano roll...
and remember to leave bar blank in chords window.

3..for vibes...just use a plugin with the midi piano roll driving vibes setting....be carefull in piano roll top left to set to the right track so you see the notes in the piano roll mate.

i think where the disconnect is that you want bb track generation to reflect your bar chord arrangement as you hear in your head...
eg long held notes...but the only way to get what you want and hear what is in your head...im afraid in this song you will need to get down n dirty with the piano roll and enter the notes you wanr...so you take back control from bb generation.

its very important that even tho you enter your chords a certain way in chord window it doesnt necessarily mean bb track generation will obey what you hear in your head mate.
its the same with my songs...eg in my sig..out of 100 songs ive done in bb/rb ...they all needed some editing ...and moveing notes and bars n riffs around till i got what i heard in my head.

heres a big tip for you...in rb is a nifty feature for midi tracks whereby...
an example...lets say you liked that bar 14 and you want same triplets arrange in say bar 39 in rb BARS VIEW...you just copy n paste 14 to 39.

all im saying mate is...sometimes you can get lucky with bb generating a track as per what you hear in your mind...just dont bank on it.
if you want notes to be perfect as you hear in your head re arrangement ya gotta get into the piano roll...THEN have the piano roll drive a playable real track...this gives you control rather than bb.

Bottom line...with this type of song i would get what i hear in my head useing piano roll and or a midi kbd...rather than relying bb to create tracks and making decisions.

keep jazzin...

om 🇨🇦🇨🇦 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/16/24 01:04 PM.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
OM, you are being very king and helpful, as always, but... you are way off the mark with this one. (respectively said).

The OP wants to use the BIAB features for MicroChords. You know that feature that allows you to place chords in a bar at 1/16th note resolution. It was one of the new 50 new features from years back now. In the F6 menu it has a selection for "triplets". Triplets are not something the OP hears in his head, it is a well defined sound and understood form of notation and playback. But the Micro Chords is NOT playing the chords in this manner.

What you are giving us is a "workaround". Which may be fine. (BTW, I tried to DL you version using midi in the piano roll, but that site you use for storage tried to DL other software along with your file!! - Please git a google account and use the free Goggle Drive like everyone else.

So I can't listen to your file to see exactly how effective your workaround was.

I feel the OPs challenge should remain open until Simon gives it ago and either shows us how it is done or acknowledges it is not working .This thread is NOT resolved.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
B
BIABman Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B

What you are giving us is a "workaround". Which may be fine. (BTW, I tried to DL you version using midi in the piano roll, but that site you use for storage tried to DL other software along with your file!! - Please git a google account and use the free Goggle Drive like everyone else.

So I can't listen to your file to see exactly how effective your workaround was.

I feel the OPs challenge should remain open until Simon gives it ago and either shows us how it is done or acknowledges it is not working .This thread is NOT resolved.

👍

Thanks again Dan. You are quite right with what you wrote to Muso above.

One small thing though.
I made several threads in a flurry a week or so ago.
There is actually another thread I made dedicated to this Micro Chord problem (which I do believe is a bug).

In this thread however I stated at the top:
"I can copy and paste any regular chord from one bar to another, but I can't copy/paste a micro chord bar!"

So this thread was about copying and pasting the micro chords that were typed in. Not about getting them to play properly.
We eventually figured out why the chords weren't being copied properly on my computer.

To copy a bar, I had always simply clicked on a bar with chords and hit Ctrl-C (copy) and then clicked on the bar I wanted
to copy to and then hit Ctrl-V (paste).

How was I to know that Micro Chords can not be copied using this method? smile

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
drdan and bbman...

when i tested both sites i just got the file...nothing else...so im amazed.
no warning from antivirus etc either.

anyhoo..ive given the old college try and will bow out now...n watch the soccer. i will be interested to see if anyone produces a better solution..
im prepared to get egg on my face...but i feel the solution lies in piano roll use.

anyhoo good news england won...lol.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/16/24 01:55 PM.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
OK, so if the recording artist didn't record any audio passage on the micro-chord beats, there's no audio to play back. Period.
These are pre-recorded audio passages, from 1 to several bars long. It's been explained that this particular style consists of long held chords that resonate.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
B
BIABman Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
OK, so if the recording artist didn't record any audio passage on the micro-chord beats, there's no audio to play back. Period.
These are pre-recorded audio passages, from 1 to several bars long. It's been explained that this particular style consists of long held chords that resonate.

Thanks AudioTrack, but we're still not on the same page with this. frown
I understood what you were trying to say about this the first time you were explaining about what the musician recorded at the session.

"OK, so if the recording artist didn't record any audio passage on the micro-chord beats, there's no audio to play back. Period."

You've reached an erroneous conclusion here.
First of all you are talking about "the recording artist". Which artist are you referring to?
Certainly not the band demo artist because they have nothing to do with this conversation at all.

So that leaves the recording artist who played the vibes in the style _Jazvibe.sty.
How do you know what he/she recorded? How do you know they DID NOT record any micro chords?
Micro chords are being played in my song. Just not the right ones and not in the right rhythm.

Do you understand what I am saying now?
They could have recorded 100 micro chords. We just don't know. Or micro chords might be using a special BIAB algorithm, where they take a full chord and chop it up on the fly. I don't know about that, do you?

In any event neither you nor I know what "the recording artist" for the style recorded.
And to say, just because I am not getting the micro chord to play, "Well that proves the artist never recorded those specific micro chords" is erroneous I think.

I need to add one more very important point. You might have missed the exchange I was having with Matt yesterday on this subject.
To both his and my surprise we actually discovered the micro chords being played perfectly in one of my test songs!!!
Neither he nor I know how they were entered but they are there for anyone to listen to!

What does this prove? It proves that "the recording artist" did in fact record these micro chords OR
BIAB is using a special algorithm to create these chords on the fly as I mentioned above.

BIABman #814161 06/16/24 06:26 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Both you guys are on the right track. grin

In general, what is happening with the MC features is the same thing which applies to many features in BIAB. I call it "Conditional Dependence". The feature operates or does not operate as you expect: depending upon conditions which we don't know and which we may or may not be able to control. Simple right?

One of the biggest CD are the styles themselves. How many times has the fix for a specific problem been - choose a different style? Another common CD are the tracks themselves, remember "not all tracks are the same".

It is just the nature of the beast. All you can do is try it and if it works great and if not, well put a note in the forum. crazy

DrDan #814163 06/16/24 07:10 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
B
BIABman Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
B
One of the biggest CD are the styles themselves. How many times has the fix for a specific problem been - choose a different style? Another common CD are the tracks themselves, remember "not all tracks are the same".

It is just the nature of the beast. All you can do is try it and if it works great and if not, well put a note in the forum. crazy

👍

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
XPro & Xtra Styles Sets On Sale Until July 15th!

Save up-to 40% when you purchase XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs before July 15, 2024!

The most recent XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box® 2023 or higher include additional Styles for Band-in-a-Box® that work seamlessly with your project. We offer XPro Styles PAKs that work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® package, and Xtra Styles PAKs for UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile users!

We recently released a combined total of 300 new Styles in XPro Styles PAK 6 and Xtra Styles PAK 17!

Each PAK can be purchased for $29: Order XPro Styles PAKs | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

The 100 new styles added with XPro Styles PAK 6 include 25 Rock & Pop, 25 Jazz, 25 Country, and 25 Progressive Rock! These add styles like funky soul jazz, uplifting pop-rock, 12-8 country ballads, hard and heavy progressive rock, '70s funk, dubby reggae jams, driving country rock, synth-heavy prog rock, and many more! Video: XPro Styles PAK 6 Demos

Xtra Styles PAK 17 adds 200 new styles to any Band-in-a-Box 2023 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile installation! You'll find 50 each for Rock & Pop, Jazz, and Country. What about the remaining 50? We've added them with a new category: World 1! In Xtra Styles PAK 17, you'll find styles like: laid-back pop country, mellow smooth jazz, '80s new wave, Caribbean reggae, '90s alternative pop, modern jazz fusion, funky Texas blues, Afro-Cuban grooves, and even mariachi-infused Motown... and more! Video: Xtra Styles PAK 14 Demos

Mac User? Click here for your announcement.

NEW - The Band-in-a-Box® 2024 VST DAW Plugin 6.0 for Mac®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes the new VST DAW Plugin 6.0!

This new Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin has over 20 new features including near instant playback direct from disk, to audition various styles without creating WAV files. You can now load chords from MIDI files. There's support for Shots/Rest/Holds on Utility tracks, and more! For Reaper® DAW users, the Plugin has added built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

Every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® includes the VST DAW Plugin, and all Mac® upgrades are on sale until July 15th!

Save up-to 50% when you upgrade to Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® today - check out the different upgrade options here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac is here with over 50 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, “Songs with Vocals” Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, two new sets of “RealDrums Stems,” and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2024 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some incredible Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2024 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 50 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2024 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available, and if you have any questions about your upgrade feel free to connect with us directly!

User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,159
Posts741,414
Members38,679
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Steve Hillis, stevemark6, Bassguitar_Sebas, Qamer, folk
38,679 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)