Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
D
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
D
So here is a current project. I was looking for a nice picked guitar to add to the chord chart. Please listen to this .mgu. Solo the Guitar. What are those clicking sounds I hear? Fret noises? Stick noise from drum? I don't think go. The repeated clicks are ruining this track for me. Can you hear them? I am surprized I can't "see" the artifacts in the wave form? But I hear them in both BIAB and when I render to .wav and put in my DAW.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-KxqLwquA-Ycn1t52ahVVOWJF6K-0U_1/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by DrDan; 06/27/24 02:12 PM.

Final Tour - Not with a Bang but with a wimper! Ended.

D
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
D
OK, it is string/fret noise. You can hear it clearer at the original 60bpm. But it takes on a click sound when stretched to this higher tempo. Problem is even at 60 bpm it is not for my ears. Once you hear it, you can't not hear it.

Veteran
Veteran
Here is what happened when I tried to open your file in BiaB.

1. A message came up saying it can't find BEGONE.STY do you want to search for it?

2. I clicked yes and it took me to the styles browser where BEGONE.STY was at the top of the list . . . a bit strange. So I auditioned it and the audition played fine.

3. I then clicked OK and it looked liked it accepted it until I noticed that ZZJAXX.STY was still in the style box of the chord entry screen.

4. I pressed play and only the bass played. I detected no clicking sounds.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Veteran
Veteran
Dan, your SGU file downloaded and loaded into my BiaB test system fine. Yes there is fret noise but no more than I would expect. I believe tempo mismatch is the bigger issue.

As you know the #3113 even16 nylon guitar RealTrack you want to use has a tempo of 60 bpm while the song is using 117 bpm.

I believe you should audition similar nylon RealTracks created at a tempo closer to your song. Have you tried #3646 FingerPickin' IndieFolk even16 nylon guitar at 100 bpm?

There are two suggestions you may want to try if you want to continue using #3113: (A) Change the song key from Am to a different key and regenerate. The program will use different RealTrack material. (B) Go to Preferences > RealTracks and turn on: (B1) Allow RealTracks substitution based on tempo and (B2) Tempo/Pitch stretching quality is set for high. Then try changing the tempo from 117 to 114 and regenerate and 117 to 121 bpm. Again this will allow the program to use new RealTrack material you may like better.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1113) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
D
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
D
Jim, thanks for checking, Turns out my defaults were already set for "allow RTs subst based on tempo" and stretching set to "High". BIAB did not suggest any substitution.

I found" #3646 FingerPickin' IndieFolk even16 nylon guitar at 100 bpm". Had to rebuild the RTs for this to appear. But that is another problem. I am afraid that will not work for me. While the "fret noises" are a little more tolerable I am hear little motiffs in the picking which go beyound "accompaniment" and impose small lead lines which impact my melody. I don't want that. I want a predictable rhythm only. I returned to my project in the DAW and found some very nice Kontakt libraries for finger picking guitar accompaniment. I will mark this resolved assuming the initial reported error is due to stretching.

Steve, what you report sounds familar as a problem with the BIAB libraries. The fix is always the same... rebuild the libraries and/or return to factory settings. Or perhaps you simply don't have that style. Thanks anyway for checking.

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted by DrDan
Jim, thanks for checking, Turns out my defaults were already set for "allow RTs subst based on tempo" and stretching set to "High". BIAB did not suggest any substitution.

I found" #3646 FingerPickin' IndieFolk even16 nylon guitar at 100 bpm". Had to rebuild the RTs for this to appear. But that is another problem. I will see how this works out, but in the mean time I returned to my project in the DAW and found some very nice Kontakt libraries for finger picking guitar accompaniment.

Steve, what you report sounds familar as a problem with the BIAB libraries. The fix is always the same... rebuild the libraries and/or return to factory settings. Or perhaps you simply don't have that style. Thanks anyway for checking.
I have downloaded your SGU and see the nylon guitar has RealCharts. This would be a good candidate to correct the measures with artifacts with Playable RealTracks.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by DrDan

Hey Dan,
You are right, it is a familiar problem that I have seen before and never really solved. I do have the style, but for some reason (for me) BiaB has always had this problem; it's not worth fixing as I can normally live with it.

If you haven't reached a solution you might try low-pass filtering in your DAW to remove the fret noise. You'll have to experiment with the threshold frequency and roll-off so that nothing you want to keep gets stepped on.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
D
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
D
Thanks guys for the suggestions. FJ also suggested to run the original RT at half-time. To my ear half-time did eliminate the odd fret noise which was due to stretching. However, I really didn't want to hear any fret noises in my tune.

Steve, I didn't get to try to frequency filter and I will tell you why: I have been doing this long enough that I no longer need to labor in BIAB to get my tracks. I have discovered after 25 years that I can go to my DAW and generate guitar accompaniment with little difficulty. Honestly, for Guitar, Piano and Durms, I find midi in my DAW, with various VSTis, can sound just as "real" as the BIAB RTs but with much more flexibility for composing and arranging permitting me to be more creative.

One BIAB feature which I still like to implement is the general chord chart. I still favor the Chord Grid outline for sight reading my chords over any other option I have found. At least up to now. So while most of my projects still get into BIAB at some point, the heavy lifting is done in my DAW.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,967
Posts751,711
Members38,959
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Alesha, jarredou, jadecomeria58, Seraphinang, Nevillberger
38,959 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
rsdean 105