Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#815778 06/30/24 07:49 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I've been trying to import an audio file. I get it in but then when I play it , the tempo is way slower than the project. I've tried to sync it to start with the project but I can't seem to get that done either. When I set bar one..... It's still not playing right or.... This is mind blowing, it changes the project tempo from say 80bpm to something crazy like 340bpm.

I follow exactly what it says in the manual. No joy.

I have gotten the ACW to work a few times but nothing recently.

I'm probably going to contact support in the morning.

Another frustration is not being able to get a good, compatible, style, but that's a different story.

Right now I'm trying to get ACW to work and the audio to start with BB.

Thanks

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Herb.

This is worth trying...

1) Load the file onto the Audio track.
2) Select "Audio" from the top menu.
3) Select "Set audio master (base) tempo".

This might do the job for you.
--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
This may be a bug as I get the same results importing a file.

Until it's resolved, use the Open command rather than import and then open the ACW. On my system, Open does not change the tempo nor does starting the ACW after the audio file is open.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Veteran
Veteran
Maybe I'm mistaken (I'm certainly no expert here) but are there still two different ACW's, and does the newer one (Views > ACW) give more reliable results?

Is it related to tempo mapping? (unfortunately I understand that after 20+ years BIAB still has zero support for non-integer tempos)

Last edited by AudioTrack; 07/01/24 07:21 AM.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
I've done some further testing this morning and the incorrect tempo only seems to happen using the import command.

' File|Open Special|Open audio with chords' and the normal 'Open' (F3) command both load an audio file at the correct tempo here in my program. Noel's suggestion of "Set audio master (base) tempo" didn't affect the file tempo in my testing.

I'm only aware of the newer version ACW in BIAB and don't believe the old version is still available in BIAB although the older version is still available in RealBand.

In regard to tempo mapping, opening or importing a file isn't affected by the tempo setting in BIAB as far as I'm aware.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for the update Charlie, this potential 'import-based issue' is an important clarification.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
I recently tried to import an audio file and sync it up to existing chord chart where all tracks were done in a DAW by my friend with Synth V for vocals, and I was using ACW to try to detect and sync up the downbeats of the chord changes.
I gave up after about 1/2 an hour of trying to get the first beat on the audio file to line up with the first chord change.

Studio One (latest version), Win 11 23H2 , i9 -10940X 3.3 GHz, 32GB Mem, a 4K 40" monitor, PreSonus Studio Live III Console as interface/controller. secondarily test on Reaper, Cakewalk, and S1 on Surface Pro 3 Win 10 (latest versions).
D
Veteran
Veteran
D
Originally Posted by jpettit
I recently tried to import an audio file and sync it up to existing chord chart where all tracks were done in a DAW by my friend with Synth V for vocals, and I was using ACW to try to detect and sync up the downbeats of the chord changes.
I gave up after about 1/2 an hour of trying to get the first beat on the audio file to line up with the first chord change.

I got a good chuckle out of that... grin

Final Tour - Not with a Bang but with a wimper! Ended.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi,

I can confirm that the 2024 version has an issue with importing audio and sync with the midi/real tracks.
But I still do the job fine by dragging audio files into BiaB audio window with BiaB 2023.

Also make sure that after you import (drag) audio file, right click on the Track and go to Track Settings>Conform to Playback tempo and uncheck it.

[Linked Image from djangoinabox.com]

Cheers.'

www.djangoinabox.com

Last edited by musicmountain7; 07/07/24 12:02 AM.
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by musicmountain7
Hi,

I can confirm that the 2024 version has an issue with importing audio and sync with the midi/real tracks.
But I still do the job fine by dragging audio files into BiaB audio window with BiaB 2023.

Also make sure that after you import (drag) audio file, right click on the Track and go to Track Settings>Conform to Playback tempo and uncheck it.

Cheers.'

www.djangoinabox.com

Thanks I will try this method. To this point I have not found anything that works. Even had a chat with PG support and their suggestion was remove and reinstall, which I did. That didn't work. Super frustrating because it used to work perfectly in prior years.

www.herbhartley.com

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
Originally Posted by musicmountain7
Hi,

Cheers.'

www.djangoinabox.com

Thanks I will try this method. To this point I have not found anything that works. Even had a chat with PG support and their suggestion was remove and reinstall, which I did. That didn't work. Super frustrating because it used to work perfectly in prior years.

So I used this method. I copied a file with 2 measures of silence before the music, and dropped it into the audio track. Set the audio to follow the project tempo and it worked almost perfectly. I say almost because there is a very small, barely noticable, difference in sync but not enough to cause problems.

Thanks. That works.

www.herbhartley.com

Veteran
Veteran
I can get the audio play at the correct tempo, but I have to first set the audio master tempo to 0 (seems to have 120 by default) and then import the audio file. Alternatively, if I have already imported the audio file, I can either set Track Settings/Set Base Tempo to 0 or untick the Conform To Playback Tempo (on by default) and then reimport the file.

I think it would be nice if the base/master tempo values followed the current tempo of the song when there is no audio on the track.

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
An alternate way that still works to load audio into BIAB with the ACW activated is to use the File | Open Special | Open Audio with Chords

This will load the audio file with no audio stretching or incorrect tempo, open up the Audio Edit Window with the ACW activated, also have the Chord Sheet visible and mixer. (see the attached screen shot) and also set the correct number of bars in the Chord Sheet.

Shortcut is to type ss14 into any measure.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Open with Chords Command.jpg (202.94 KB, 203 downloads)

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
The issue of audio syncing with midi has been solved with the latest 1113 update!

Thanks BB.’

Django in a Box

Last edited by musicmountain7; 08/24/24 11:27 AM.
D
Veteran
Veteran
D
Good God, I wish someone would do a video on how this works. I gave up on it long ago, but the need is still there and folks here appear to sound like this is doable even. I simply can not follow the instructions as provided.

I need to
1) open an mp3 audio
2) ACW needs to assign the chords (btw, I know the chords already, but it appears this step is needed to be done in order to do the next step)
3) ACW needs to create a tempo map for the chord chart so that BIAB can add RTs which will match the song tempo map.

If this is possible I will be glad to provide the starting point of an mp3 file. As I said I have the chords and I know the tempo varies between ~114 - 119 bmp. In fact, I have the midi file with a tempo map but that does me no good when trying to add a RT, since BIAB does not let me directly input a tempo map.

Anyone what to take this on?

Veteran
Veteran
Hi Dan,

I've just sent you a private message.

--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
D
Veteran
Veteran
D
Originally Posted by Noel96
Hi Dan,

I've just sent you a private message.

--Noel
I sent you the files. Wishing you the best. Thanks.

Veteran
Veteran
Dan,

I've uploaded my work if you want to have a look. The link is in the message thread,

--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
<< I need to
1) open an mp3 audio
2) ACW needs to assign the chords (btw, I know the chords already, but it appears this step is needed to be done in order to do the next step)
3) ACW needs to create a tempo map for the chord chart so that BIAB can add RTs which will match the song tempo map. >>

Good morning Dan. It appears Noel may have taken of this song you need but for future reference if you attempt to create a tempo map for yourself, Step 2 is not necessary if you know the chords and input them. Steps one and three will get your tempo map.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Charlie Fogle
Good morning Dan. It appears Noel may have taken of this song you need but for future reference if you attempt to create a tempo map for yourself, Step 2 is not necessary if you know the chords and input them. Steps one and three will get your tempo map.

That's exactly what I did, Charlie smile You're a mind-reader! I didn't add any chords until the very end (and I could have left them out if I wanted to). Just to clarify this comment for anyone who is is reading this and is perplexed, in ACW (Audio Chord Wizard), bars are not automatically added until "Auto marking" is activated, and chords are not added until the user hits the "Analyze" or "Auto analyze" options.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,770
Posts749,021
Members38,872
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
mariabooth48, Karim Buzdar, nykiaspradley5@gma, stephanieadlam, danielito
38,875 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 141