Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
From a recent email.....

Effective July 8, 2024, Songtradr will no longer offer free music distribution services. This change is part of our ongoing commitment to maintain the quality of our service and ensure sustainable product offerings for our artist community. We will, however, continue offering distribution services to our Songtradr Pro subscribers. If you upgrade to Songtradr Pro your releases will remain on DSPs such as Spotify and Apple Music. To upgrade to Songtradr Pro subscription and continue using our distribution services, please follow the instructions.....yada yada yada...... We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we make these changes.

Your friends at Songtradr One

They've never placed anything for me so I reckon I'm done with them.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Typical internet bait-and-switch.

1) Start out free until you build up a user base
2) Offer and upgraded (pro) subscription for a price
3) Eliminate the free version
4) Raise the price of the paid subscription

I guess it's a good business model, because so many companies do it.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
We have 26 songs licensed through them. But I’m wondering what might become of the album I distributed via their service if we were to downgrade from our current pro subscription.

Bud

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
We have 26 songs licensed through them. But I’m wondering what might become of the album I distributed via their service if we were to downgrade from our current pro subscription.

Bud

I can only justify a subscription like this if I make more from the royalties and licensing than the cost of the subscription. That is definitely not the case with songtradr

www.herbhartley.com

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker

Bud

I can only justify a subscription like this if I make more from the royalties and licensing than the cost of the subscription. That is definitely not the case with songtradr

Well we've earned a whole $279.13 since joining at the pro level in 2017. So at $49 a year we are losing!

Bud

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Well we've earned a whole $279.13 since joining at the pro level in 2017. So at $49 a year we are losing!
Bud
Sadly, what's that line again?
"How to end up with one million dollars? Start with two million dollars" crazy

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
Bud
Sadly, what's that line again?
"How to end up with one million dollars? Start with two million dollars" crazy

smile Well at least for us it's how to lose $63.87 in seven years. I reckon we can survive that!

Bud

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I have actually made a lot of money with SongTradr.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by David Snyder
I have actually made a lot of money with SongTradr.

Define "a lot" 😉

www.herbhartley.com

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The gatekeepers always make more money than almost all of the artists. It's how they stay in business.

But we all hope to be that tiny percentage that puts us in the Taylor Swift exception-to-the-rule category.

Wishing all good luck at that.

Of course, if you are doing it for fun, that's OK too.

I do music for a living, so everything I spend money on has to be balanced on a profit/loss basis, both long term and short term. Sometimes that's difficult to do. Will that subscription cost a little, but give me a good chance at making a killing?

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well that is my personal business but it has been pretty good for me as I have had some really nice ongoing placements and everyone knows me by name now.

I am composing every day and things are moving right along.

Wishing everyone well. I am in a really good place and happy about it all.

Head down and working.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I’ve been fortunate to have never needed to earn a penny from music. For 30 years I played in bluegrass bands that often did three night club gigs and played festivals on the weekend. But all through those years I was employed by the State of Georgia in the mental health field (from which the two of us retired many years ago). So yeah it’s been for fun … until it wasn’t. So came the point where riding/racing mountain bikes, hiking and a bit of traveling was more fun than band schedules. Then 12 years ago came a game changer for us — PG Music. So now our music enjoyment is simply having more than family and friends listening to our music. BiaB, Songtradr and Spotify have enabled that. Pardon the old guy ramble … off to hike. 😀

Bud

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Good for you, Bud.

I've been fortunate enough for most of my life to not have a 'day job' and make a living doing music, and nothing but music.

No Monday through Friday routine, no waking up with an alarm clock, no boss telling me what to do, no 5 days per week repeating the routine again and again, no blue Monday and no TGIF.

I had 2 real jobs in my life while investigating what it is to be normal. One was a telephone installer, back when phones were wired to the grid, and another was a Cable TV Field Engineer (I studied electronics in college). I found that for me, normal is terribly overrated, so neither of these day jobs lasted very long.

Instead of saying, “I have to go to work today” with a sad heart, I say, “I GET to go to work today” with joyful anticipation.

I've been on stage and treated as an equal by the biggest stars in the industry since I was 19 years old. At 19 that was mind-blowing, today it's just normal. Growing up, I've met and courted more than my fair share of pretty women (I hope this is rated G enough). I've gigged all over the USA and as far away as the People's Republic of China. Cruise ships, auditoriums, show clubs, dive bars, singles bars, restaurants, dance halls, convention centers, etc., I've seen them all from the perspective of being on stage. There's a party going on, and I'm part of the life of the party. And when I'm on the job, every 5 minutes or so I get applause.

Down sides or trade-offs?

I never had corporate health insurance, or company social security contributions. I pay the full 15% self-employment tax myself. No company sponsored retirement plan, sick leave, or paid vacations. This is not for everyone.

If I could go back, I'd do it again, with the exception, I wouldn't have wasted a few years doing day jobs to see what normal is.

I'm living a happy, fulfilling life. So far — so good.

Back on topic.

Since my business is making music, everything gets evaluated with profit, loss, and pleasure involved. Unless the subscription had the potential to increase my profits, or increase my enjoyment in life, the fee would be considered a loss and I wouldn't subscribe.

I profit from my good decisions, and hopefully learn from the bad ones. When I'm on the job, I'm having the most fun that I can have with my clothes on.

There is more than one right way to go through life - this is my way - YMMV

Notes ♫

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Fortunately for me l, I've never had to make a dime from music a day in my life either, although I have had in all modesty the pleasure of being an internationally renowned Performance Management consultant and business author for most of my professional life, have had an office on Park avenue, lived on Central Park West next to John Lennon, but was also able to play out in all of the main clubs in New York in Manhattan on Saturday nights in the prime slots for years.

So it was with great grace and humility that I found that I could learn how to play guitar at the virtuoso level and go on to become a songwriter and actually make a good deal of money on the side as icing on the cake on top of all of the other money that I was making as a world famous consultant that I wasn't even able to count, while also traveling the world, climbing large rock faces and mountains, going into European cathedrals, visiting half of the countries on the globe, spending weeks alone on private islands with some of the most famous writers on the planet, and meeting more than my fair share of gorgeous and beautiful people all over the place, until I ended up marrying the most beautiful woman on the face of the Earth who is, of course, my wife.

Then after having received daily calls from CEOs around the nation asking me to help them improve their quarterly profits, I was able to spend some time with band in a box (when I wasn't practicing some of the most difficult classical compositions that you can play on the classical guitar) in order to compose songs that would later get me a major sync licensing deal, as I tried to read and understand some of the comments on the band in the box forum, 99% of which I simply don't understand but I'm sure they mean something to someone.

But when I am not doing that you can usually find me riding my mountain bike, lifting weights, or swimming in the Olympic pool that I go to several times a week so I can maintain peak physical condition.

It's difficult to walk into a restaurant and still be hit on by gorgeous woman of all types but because I'm also one of the most highly developed spiritual men on the face of the Earth I'm able to ward off temptation by telling them that I'm married to a beautiful woman and then I introduce my wife and say have a nice day before I go back home to compose another masterpiece.

So all in all I feel that I've really been blessed by God and that maybe in many ways I'm God's favorite child because it looks like everything I touch turns to gold. So I'm very happy but humble, humble and modest, and embrace each day not only with the magnificence of my own outrageous talents but a sense of humility and duty to being the best human being that I can be and helping others all that I can because that is just the kind of great guy that I am and always have been.

And it is a reason why I love being a part of this very humble and modest forum.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Nice to dream, eh?
grin

PS: I didn't see any mention of great story telling skills. What's going on there?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Audio! Happy Fourth!!

A few points:

1. My story telling skills are far below anything else I have seen here so I decided not to mention them. I can't compete.

2. Mine is not a story.

3. It is hard to be this wonderful but everyone has their cross to bear.

4. Have a nice day! Good luck with your songwriting this year! Let me know if you need any help!!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
3. It is hard to be this wonderful but everyone has their cross to bear.
Good for you. I can only dream about being so marvelous.... grin

(Anyway, I've enjoyed the conversation. Fun times, indeed. Overall, yes, the world needs to lighten up a little.)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Audio,

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get Happy Everybody!!!!!!!!!

Have a nice fourth!!

Also, a favorite quote from my grandmother:

"It's a sorry dog that can't wag its own tail."

Off-Topic
Expert
Online Content
Expert
In the words of the great, departed Lewis Grizzard, "There's no story so good it can't be improved on". Congratulations and belated happy 4th!

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Spoken like a great songwriter.

And never forget DC:

"Good writers borrow. Great writers steal."

T.S. Eliot.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,686
Posts748,096
Members38,855
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico, vantuir
38,855 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 202