Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
F
OP Offline
F
This is simply an OCD issue, but is there a quick and easy way to change the order of the tracks in the mixer? Click-and-drag doesn't seem to work. I'm used to doing it that way in Reaper, and would be surprised if there isn't an easy way to re-order tracks in BIAB.

Thanks!

Veteran
Veteran

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by foxwaves
This is simply an OCD issue, but is there a quick and easy way to change the order of the tracks in the mixer? Click-and-drag doesn't seem to work. I'm used to doing it that way in Reaper, and would be surprised if there isn't an easy way to re-order tracks in BIAB.

Thanks!
The answer, unfortunately, is no.
You currently cannot do this from within the BIAB program.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
You have got Edit > Copy Special > Copy/Move Tracks but it's a bit of messing around

[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by musocity
Yes if you have Reaper use
Working In Biab & Reaper Simultaneously and Instantly
or Open SGU in Reaper

Thanks! Actually, when I load the tracks into Reaper I can move them easily. I was wondering if there was a way to move them inside if BIAB. smile

Veteran
Veteran
The editing in Biab is too restricted, that's why I showed the Reaper script that instantly transfers the Biab tracks without rendering to wav and dragging in. You are best to use Biab to just generate up the track/s or section/s and the sooner you get out of Biab into Reaper where you have full editing control the better.
Even when you use the Copy Special function to Move tracks, it turns the track into wav files.

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
Originally Posted by foxwaves

Thanks!
The answer, unfortunately, is no.
You currently cannot do this from within the BIAB program.
Thanks for the information! It's too bad...it seems it would be an easy function to incorporate and maybe it will be in a future update.

F
OP Offline
F
You have got Edit > Copy Special > Copy/Move Tracks but it's a bit of messing around

Thanks, I agree. Have a nice day!

F
OP Offline
F
The editing in Biab is too restricted, that's why I showed the Reaper script that instantly transfers the Biab tracks without rendering to wav and dragging in. You are best to use Biab to just generate up the track/s or section/s and the sooner you get out of Biab into Reaper where you have full editing control that better.
Even when you use the Copy Special function to Move tracks, it turns the track into wav files.
Thank you. I'm relatively new to BIAB but have been recording for about 55 years. Reaper is great and the way you describe is what I've been doing and I agree with you completely. I'm back in familiar territory when I'm in Reaper.
BIAB is a very powerful tool, though, and I'm really surprised with the results I've been getting...surprised in a good way! I've learned a lot on this forum too, from nice folks such as you. Thanks again!

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
One reason this is best done in the DAW is that BiaB has a particular protocol for handilng its tracks due to the way styles are created. once you get the results you want then move to DAW of choice.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2024, Realband, Reaper, Harrison Mixbus 32c , Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Rob Helms
One reason this is best done in the DAW is that BiaB has a particular protocol for handilng its tracks due to the way styles are created. once you get the results you want then move to DAW of choice.
Thanks Rob! That's what I'll do. Have a nice day!

Veteran
Veteran
"easy way to change the order of the tracks in the mixer"
That would be a nice feature. Not only for a mixer, but naturally for new Track View as well.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
"easy way to change the order of the tracks in the mixer"
That would be a nice feature. Not only for a mixer, but naturally for new Track View as well.

A simple click-and-drag method needs to be added to place the mixer tracks in whatever order is needed by the user. It's a no-brainer.
I'm surprised Biab has reached 2024 without this feature, or maybe not so surprised.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by dRoNe13
A simple click-and-drag method needs to be added to place the mixer tracks in whatever order is needed by the user. It's a no-brainer.
I'm surprised Biab has reached 2024 without this feature, or maybe not so surprised.
It's reasonable that this should already be an integral feature, but possibly, there are other 'hard-coded' situations precluding this from being delivered.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
.. possibly, there are other 'hard-coded' situations precluding this from being delivered.
I'm pretty sure that's still the case at the moment, at least until such time as the "all tracks are equal" case is delivered.

I can think of a few things that are at least closely-tied to specific tracks ... the Bass MIDI offset, Drums, Melody, Soloists, Thru.
Some of those things are, I think, already part universal, some, I think, are not just yet.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11
BIAB2024 Audiophile, a bunch of other software.
Kawai MP6, Ui24R, Focusrite Saffire Pro40 and Scarletts
Veteran
Veteran
There’s a subtle message about workflow here: mix the bass, then the drums, then piano, then guitar, then the pads etc.

For example, I fix the drum sounds first. Then mix in bass.

However, if I’m using BIAB to write for an orchestra or a bid band jazz chart, I would like a totally different order that is similar to my notated score.

So, +1 for the ability to change this.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
Moving tracks on the mixer is one of the ways Band-in-a-Box has to do things differently than a DAW does. That is because some of the Band-in-a-Box mixer tracks contain may contain more information than a traditional DAW track.

DAW tracks contain two types of information, audio or midi.

Band-in-a-Box mixer tracks can contain audio, midi, RealTracks data points or RealDrums data points. Don't forget most Band-in-a-Box tracks contain midi transcription data too. Depending on how a style is created a mixer track can have RealTrack or RealDrum data points overlaid on top of existing midi patterns.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1113) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Expert
Expert
I use biab to create the arrangement. I use biab create most/all of the musicians playing the arrangement.
I use mostly real tracks but a few midi and super midi tracks.

I use my DAW to mix master, etc. everything else.

I’m hoping the 2024 version will allow me to use the DAW plugin vice this 2 step recess.

Ever hopeful, but still drinking gin at the end of the day.

Fight the power.

biab2024(Mac) Latest Build
Mac OS Sonoma 14.5
Apple M2 pro 32GB Ram
Logic Pro 11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
What I thought should be a simple task, is quite a complicated one. There's a lot going on under the hood, and there are more important things to be sorted out, Otherwise we'd be waiting a long, long time for updates, etc. 🤔I didn't think of it like that.

Veteran
Veteran
I render tracks in BIAB, then copy them into a template in Reaper: drums at the top, basses, keyboards, guitars, etc., vocals. But then, I also set all the tracks to Flat Center No Reverb. Makes mixing ever so much easier.

Best,
Tom Smith
Win10/64 • i7-8700K • 24 GB RAM
BIAB 2024 • Reaper 7 • Izotope MPS
AKG C1000S • IK iRig I/O Pro
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,770
Posts749,021
Members38,872
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
mariabooth48, Karim Buzdar, nykiaspradley5@gma, stephanieadlam, danielito
38,875 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 141