Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi all really great colab !! well done guys fmm

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by mkg50 (Mike G)
Wow! This is different from Janice. That Ray, he's an influencer.
This is really interesting.
The melody and chord progression, the lyric, Janice's vocal and the instrumentation make this one of the most striking tracks I've heard on the forum.
It's not a catchy singalong but a slow-working earworm that eventually gets inside your head. Give it more then a couple of listens.
The guitar solo works beautifully.
Naturally, the production is first class. Well done everyone.
Mike

Mike, I much appreciate those kind and generous comments regarding my vocal. The subject matter and thoughts of my mother and grandmother made for an enjoyable project indeed.

Janice

You can listen to our catalog on Apple Music or Spotify by searching on Janice Merritt
Our Videos are here on our website
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Ray & Co.

Cool moody sound, with a matching vocal from Janice.

I enjoyed listening. smile

Thanks David!

Janice

You can listen to our catalog on Apple Music or Spotify by searching on Janice Merritt
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by jannesan
Very convincing lyrics and performance, Janice really had her say. I enjoy the dark mood in the melody, chords and the arrangement. The baritone guitar sounds great and the introduction of the organ works well. Collaboration at its best, the most interesting things happen when two quite different "voices" come together.

Janne

Thank you Janne! I appreciate your time to listen and the positive supportive comments.

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Really great song and production!

This has a very Carly Simon radio hit feel and sound to it.

Superb.

All I can say is:

Wow, Ray you just produced Carly Simon.

Janice, you just went all Carly Simon.

And Nobody Does It Better. Makes me feel sad for the rest. Cause baby baby you're the best.

What else can I say?

😂

😀❤️😀

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
Intriguing melody with a portentous feel--sung most exquisitely. The back and forth with the lyric writing resulted in A1 lyrics.

At first glance I thought you were referring to the lyric as AI! 😀 Thank you for the very nice mention of my vocal.

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by musician17
Well, I love it. Janice's trademark, top-notch vocals, hers and Ray's impressive songwriting skills, with Bud on the "background stuff" ( smile ). What's not to like? Dark, brooding, the vocal slides from Janice, and an open ending. Well done, all involved smile

Thank you for the generous mention of my vocal!

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
Ray and J&B,

What a fine production! Having already listened from the Facebook post I knew what was coming! Listening again was a real pleasure! This has been produced and performed so well!
This is a collaborative team that needs future revivals!
The lyric tells a touching story!

Excellent!

Thanks, TB

Thank you Torrey.

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by F.M.M.
Hi all really great colab !! well done guys fmm

Thanks Eric. Nice to hear from you.

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What an amazing song! It's a song who's time has come. I will try to summarize my thoughts simply by saying, this is perspective without preaching. How you could have said so much in so few words is stunning.

Now of course we know you can write.

We know you can sing.

We know you can play your instruments.

We know you know the in's and outs of mixing.

There are a decent number of people that can pull one, or two of those off in a song. Some even more. But you NAILED all four!

So it sounds fantastic! Slightly different than I would have expected but I think that's what happens when you through all of you into the recipe and see how it tastes.

Those ingredients CAN make a great song. But I wanted to specifically address the subject matter. THAT is what makes this a NEEDED song!

I recently saw a big budget summer movie that actually had the female be the hero of the story. They did it all without man bashing, or TRYING to hit you over the head with some kind of message. The "in case you're too stupid to get it; let me spell it out for you" condescending kind of statement. THEY JUST DID IT! To me, THAT is the start of equality. When it's just done. They did give us the explanation, she was just that good; but didn't spoon feed us what we already figured out through the story. THIS SONG DOES THAT! So, I can't say "Thank You" enough to see and hear what you all have accomplished. The acknowledgement honors women of every generation.

As a man who loves his mom, loves his wife, and loves his four daughters like his two sons I feel we are finally nearing that point. This song is a step in the right direction. To make the younger generations understand and hopefully not take for granted the progress that has been made. Yes, there is still work to be done; but how do these kinds of expressions not give hope?

Anyway, I know I took this in a different direction than what you were maybe hoping to hear. The song is great. EVERY aspect of it. I just really felt as though it transcends beyond simple be a great song executed by great people with great talent. In my opinion, it was so much bigger than that.

And now, back to the shadows. laugh

Last edited by HearToLearn; 07/22/24 01:29 PM.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by HearToLearn
What an amazing song! It's a song who's time has come. I will try to summarize my thoughts simply by saying, this is perspective without preaching. How you could have said so much in so few words is stunning.

Now of course we know you can write.

We know you can sing.

We know you can play your instruments.

We know you know the in's and outs of mixing.

There are a decent number of people that can pull one, or two of those off in a song. Some even more. But you NAILED all four!

So it sounds fantastic! Slightly different than I would have expected but I think that's what happens when you through all of you into the recipe and see how it tastes.

Those ingredients CAN make a great song. But I wanted to specifically address the subject matter. THAT is what makes this a NEEDED song!

I recently saw a big budget summer movie that actually had the female be the hero of the story. They did it all without man bashing, or TRYING to hit you over the head with some kind of message. The "in case you're too stupid to get it; let me spell it out for you" condescending kind of statement. THEY JUST DID IT! To me, THAT is the start of equality. When it's just done. They did give us the explanation, she was just that good; but didn't spoon feed us what we already figured out through the story. THIS SONG DOES THAT! So, I can't say "Thank You" enough to see and hear what you all have accomplished. The acknowledgement honors women of every generation.

As a man who loves his mom, loves his wife, and loves his four daughters like his two sons I feel we are finally nearing that point. This song is a step in the right direction. To make the younger generations understand and hopefully not take for granted the progress that has been made. Yes, there is still work to be done; but how do these kinds of expressions not give hope?

Anyway, I know I took this in a different direction than what you were maybe hoping to hear. The song is great. EVERY aspect of it. I just really felt as though it transcends beyond simple be a great song executed by great people with great talent. In my opinion, it was so much bigger than that.

And now, back to the shadows. laugh

You call it an amazing song and we call this an amazing review!
Beyond the generous comments regarding the participants are your thoughtful comments on the lyric.
And that is further enriched by the mention of both your yourself and family.
To evoke this kind of response makes it all worth while.

Thank you!

Janice

User Showcase
rayc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
PHANQUE HTL, you're very kind.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
LOVED that opening!

Holy Smokes! this sounds good coming outta my speakers!! Killer Mix.
The melody goes in Cool, Unexpected places and punctuates the lyric.
Cool baritone.
That Bass Sings.

A vocal Filled With Emotion. Heartrenching.

Good write. Nice end.
REAL Girl Power.

fj

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,770
Posts749,021
Members38,872
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
6packofsteel, danielito, burny7777, ELDebansky, Chief O’ Stuff
38,872 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 141