Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Marty.

Easygoing swinging tune. Bill's slide was a nice addition.

Nice listen. smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
Yep, cool tune. I knew a few like that.... but that looseness was problematic. Adios amiga.

I Like this. The slide parts were pretty neat. Was that a lap steel or a guitar?
Thanks, Herb.
Ask, and you will recieve:
Originally Posted by zydecoal
The "slide" part you're asking about is a Sho-Bud Pro One pedal steel guitar.
Thanks for your help, Bill.
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
See? That's what I get for listening without reading the whole post. Cool stuff there
Ha. I appreciate the listen, Herb, and we're glad Bill gave us the definitive answer. I would've just said guitar.

Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
Marty,

I love this swinging bluesy track! It's got a sweet feel to it!
Marty, you did a wonderful job with the vocals here!
Bill's contribution was a wonderful treat!
You amaze me with how you keep knocking these great tunes out!

Take care, TB
Thanks so much, Torrey. Up until the end of 2019 I used BiaB mostly for learning, teaching and making quick demos for bandmates to learn their parts. I was using 8-track reel until Bill got me using DAW. Now I use BiaB for writing. Just try out styles, drop in chords, let the melody and words happen, then learn from all you folks how to make them finished productions.

Originally Posted by floyd jane
That is Signature BabuMusic.
Buttery Bass.
A jaunty, walkin' rhythm.
Sung with a twinkle in the eye or a subtle smirk on the lips...

Nice job on the steel, Bill.

So Much Fun

fj
Thanks, floyd. You say so much with few words. I especially like the twinkle and subtle part. I act out the vocals instead of trying to sing.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
We love the lyric and philosophy of playing hard till the end and singing away the blues.
We agree this is your anima smile

The vocals are ace and the bgv’s at the end are very cool.

Bill’s pedal steel and your bass are the perfect accompaniment for the BiaB wrecking crew.
And all is wrapped in a nice mix.

Enjoyed it!

Janice

“She's full of life and liberty. We'll sing away the blues.
And every day she brings to me a smile I'll never lose.”

Add how positive she is to that and I can fully relate!

Bud

PS: No idea what a Music Box is but it sounded cool. smile

You can listen to our catalog on Apple Music or Spotify by searching on Janice Merritt
Our Videos are here on our website
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
If a voice was a hug - it'd be yours.
Cool song, lovely narrative.
I have to admit that the title grabbed my attention because "loose" has a completely different meaning in Australia when used as an adjective for a woman.
Ace arrangement, the band pushes along wonderfully.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Marty,

What an excellent composition and sound.

You really pulled out all the stops on this one.

What a great production man!!!
Thank you, David.

Originally Posted by WaoBand
Excellent song, Marty. As I commented on YT "a sweetly neat complete treat!" Worth the repeat.

PS: It's not often I come across mention of Jung these days, and even less the use of "anima". I know exactly what you mean by the term. I first started studying Jung and analytical psychology in 74, then many years later I qualified as a person-centred counsellor. Reading Jung and other Jungians created one of my early key spiritual foundations. I would have loved to have met Jung and some of his close associates. B.D. Thomas wrote that heard he heard Jung and Freud were buddies, but as you probably already know, Jung was Freud's protégé who eventually broke away from him as he disagreed with so many of his models, as I and numerous others also do. Are you familiar with Melanie Safka's comic song "Psychotherapy" which is about Freud?
Thanks, Chay. Very cool "person-centred counsellor." Yeah, i read all of his books (I think) --his autobiography twice.

Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
I remember hearing an early version of this.

Bill sounds great, nice fills and solo.

Good song, and fun video!
Thanks, Dave. I got a bunch more for you too when you're ready.

Originally Posted by firesong
Marty...this is such a fun song to listen to and the video is a perfect compliment to it....Bill is the icing on the cake here...adding a unique element to another BabuMusic classic...your vocals (especially the BGV's) are really top-notch here...somewhere at your house there's a music factory churning them out...each song you produce is different than the next and you write and arrange them masterfully!...Sir, you are the master of the complete package!
Thanks, Dan. It's a little 9x10 room with no windows.

Originally Posted by DonnyGee
Hey Hey, very nice slow shuffle, it had my foot tapping. Nice way to modulate keys. Nice use of BIAB to back you up. Remember, it is the fantasy partners that make the best material.
Thanks, Donny. Best material sometimes, but never the best partner. hehe

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well, I really wish I would find someone as loose and lovely as the contagious person in this song. Her description is... lovely. Well, at least I got to meet her in your lovely video and now I'm in love ❤️

The instrumentation fits perfectly with the message, melts like butter in my soul. That pedal steel is awesome, sounds like the song is built around it. The bass and the vocals are Marty as his best.

This is what the world needs, smile, laugh and positivity smile

Janne

Last edited by jannesan; 07/30/24 08:11 AM.

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Marty, well done. Your songs never fail to put a smile on my face! Simple but brilliant line 'She's contagious'!

Dewey

User Showcase
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Not my genre, Marty but a happy, bouncy tune it is. Lucy reminds me of my wife when I met her.
As others have remarked, your vocals are getting better too.
Well did.

Vic

PeterF #818413 08/01/24 04:33 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Peter, thank you much. I'll see Bill tonight and pass your compliment to him.

Thanks, David. I agree, Bill added the perfect touch.

Janice & Bud, I figured you, too, would recognize the anima, and could relate to the sentiment. Music Box was just a setting on the Donner piano.

Haha, Ray. Most people here jump to that meaning too because sex sells. But this time I want loose to be the opposite of up-tight.

Thanks, Janne. So Bacharach and David got it wrong. What the world needs now is love of life, not just love. I send Lucy your regards.

Hi, Dewey. Glad it makes you smile, and thrilled you single out contagious.

Hi, Vic. I was never good at sticking to genre rules. If I made it to record stores, it would be in the who-the-heck-knows bin. Thanks for the vocal comment, too.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man that was swinging! An upbeat sound to the match the upbeat lyrics.
"She loves to laugh. She's contagious,
and I caught her bug in my soul." That's a good one!
I love the "love love lovely" BGVs at the end.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Marty hits the mark again! Way to go. Man, this is a great sound - and I really liked your bass here!

Brad

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very cool groove Marty. Excellent video, vocal and lyric

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Love it Marty!!! I love the vibe of your songs and your vocals!!! When I saw "Loose & Lovely", I thought to myself that I've seen loose women and lovely women, but never both in the same woman. Then, I saw you gave a different meaning to loose. Really enjoyed this!! Take care. Greg

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,770
Posts749,019
Members38,872
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
mariabooth48, Karim Buzdar, nykiaspradley5@gma, stephanieadlam, danielito
38,875 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 141