Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Midnight Murmurs

For our first J&B post in two months Janice wants to mention that this tune is not autobiographical! 😂 Uploading it to SoundCloud was interesting as they accepted it for their seven day promo and later emailed us that it was also going to placed on one of their editorial trending playlists which sent us a link to - - so we are waiting to see how that works out as SC said it would “go viral.” Hmmm we’ll see smile It’s a slow burn blues rock and we thank you for listening and commenting (if you choose to). And a BIG thanks to Peter for his tracks and to PG Music for making it possible. Lyrics are on SC. UPDATE: 08/05/2024 Still waiting for it to be placed on the list. 🤷‍♂️

Janice: vocal, melody, progression, lyric, mix & arrangement
Bud: lyric, mix, arrangement, mastering & cover art
Peter: solos, solo accompaniment, fills, arrangement & mix

The tech side of things.

Bass: RealTracks 533 Crystal 12-8 comped from multiple generations > Waves Bass Rider > Waves Magma BB Tubes

Rhythm Guitar: RealTracks 4234 Memphis Blues Slow 12-8 DI > Logic Pro Amp/mic/speakers

Piano: MIDI SuperTracks 2848 Rhythm Blues Slow 12-8 > Logic Pro Grand Steinway > Waves Unplugged

Drums: RealDrums Blues Rock 12-8 comped from multiple generations > Waves CLA Drums

Vocal: Rodes NT1 mic > Scarlett 212 Interface > Nectar (EQ & slight compression/reverb)

Mastering chain
Ozone modules:
Equalizer
Stabilizer
Impact
Imager
Dynamic EQ
Maximizer
Izotope Tonal Balance
Logic Pro Loudness Meter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janice, Bud & Peter,

This should absolutely go viral! The lyrics, arrangement, vocal, Peter's guitar and production are stellar.

I think Janice has topped herself with this vocal. Wonderfully performed and delivered with such soul. None better...

The overall recording is crystalline. So clear/transparent and full of life.

As I said on SoundCloud - AWESOME!

Bob

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Amazing would be an understatement for this song.
Great slow blues reminiscent of Gary Moore, with a Janice who sings absolutely perfect for this style, and guitars that are 110% tasteful, if not more.
And the production is as good as it gets.
Fantastic work from all 3 of you.
My new favorite of yours!

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by rsdean
Janice, Bud & Peter,

This should absolutely go viral! The lyrics, arrangement, vocal, Peter's guitar and production are stellar.

I think Janice has topped herself with this vocal. Wonderfully performed and delivered with such soul. None better...

Bob

Bob, that is extremely generous of you … but, hey, we’ll take it! Thank you for mentioning so positively every objective we hoped to achieve.

Much appreciated,

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Everything ya'll do is stellar, but...THIS is off the charts, crazy GREAT! Cool, smokey song, incandescent++ vocals and a killer guitar. The instrument choices and mix are superb. The levels and use of compression are just SO, so perfect. I would use the term "radio-ready" but think SC beat me to the modern day alternative. Perfect song, guys!

Last edited by DC Ron; 07/23/24 05:34 PM.

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey You Three,

Everything you folks do is fantastic, but this one raises the bar even higher.

B.D. hit the nail on the head - would be a Gary Moore classic - uh, not the TV guy from the fifties; rather, the guy who used to play guitar and sing the heck out of Blues tunes - that guy.

Everything is so perfect. I particularly like the strong drums and bass. They give Janice's voice and Peter's guitar a superlative bed. And the key modulations kept pumping new energy into the song.

In a single word - WOW!

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 07/24/24 07:56 PM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, there's some Parisienne Walkways about the guitar...very Moorish & moreish.
Then again that goes for the entire song and vocal performance.
Top shelf P B & J ...though not a fan of the sandwich.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, J&B.

Blues is always good, and even better if you two are doing it. (Peter helps a bit, too wink ).

This all sounds very clean - this mix is very tastefully done - as is Janice's singing. It's fun to hear her go for the low notes.

Nice work by everyone on the team! smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah!

Man, Janice!! Vocal is just over the top good, just dripping with emotion. Loved every note!

Peter not to shabby either!

Not usually a fan of modulations in blues, but they work here.

Excellent you three, very much enjoyed!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by rsdean
Janice, Bud & Peter,

Bob

Thanks a lot Bob.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
J&B, Peter...this is as good as it gets when it comes to blues singing, playing and production IMO...this deserves to go viral...Peter kills that solo!...Janice's voice is sultry and dripping with the blues...exquisite...maybe my favorite of yours...I'm no blues aficionado but I can tell when something needs to go to the head of the class...and this does!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Sweet blues. Nicely done. Dripping like honey from the comb.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Amazing would be an understatement for this song.
Great slow blues reminiscent of Gary Moore, with a Janice who sings absolutely perfect for this style, and guitars that are 110% tasteful, if not more.
And the production is as good as it gets.
Fantastic work from all 3 of you.
My new favorite of yours!

Man, that is much appreciated! We’d wanted to come up with a slow burn blues for quite a while. We felt it had potential and when we heard Peter’s tracks it was game on. smile Thanks big time for this great supportive review!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The three "musicteers" strike again with another winner
Yes this should and will go viral
Outstanding vocal and lyrics
Absolutely an amazing guitar - brilliant Peter
Outstanding mix.
loved it

Inflation is so bad that CEOs are now playing miniature golf!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
J&B and Peter

You all have proven once again that you've got the goods to get the job done!
The track has a melancholy/bluesy feel to it that is so good!
Janice's lilting cadence here is wonderfully perfect for this tune!
Great job Peter providing those string bending solos! They are very effective
Bud, I know you are the pro that has pulled this all together in a super appealing package!

Thanks, TB

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Sounds great y'all!

Best of luck with it!

Excellent writing, instrumentation, playing and singing all around!

Another hit.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Everything ya'll do is stellar, but...THIS is off the charts, crazy GREAT! Cool, smokey song, incandescent++ vocals and a killer guitar. The instrument choices and mix are superb. The levels and use of compression are just SO, so perfect. I would use the term "radio-ready" but think SC beat me to the modern day alternative. Perfect song, guys!

Thanks for ALL you said. It means a lot to us. You commented on every part of the production that we hoped to do well on. Glad you liked the mix - especially given the consistently high quality of yours. Thanks for listening and taking the time for such thoughtful comments!

J&B

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Excellent blues song and I love those long solos. What you call comping from regenerations I call hybrid tracks. I find I'm having to hybridise more and more.

Some favourite Waoist Adages:
#1: Play on the Way.
#17: Ask not for whom the flower blooms, it blooms for you.
#69: Bring consciousness to it.
#74: On the road to effortlessness, effort must be made.
#105: Be Love Now, the rest will come on its own.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Al-David
Hey You Three,

Everything you folks do is fantastic, but this one raises the bar even higher.

B.D. hit the nail on the head - would be a Gary Moore classic - uh, not the TV guy from the fifties; rather, the guy who used to play guitar and sing the heck out of Blues tunes - that guy.

Everything is so perfect. I particularly like the strong drums and bass. They give Janice's voice and Peter's guitar a superlative bed. And the key modulations kept pumping new energy into the song.

In a single word - WOW!

Alan

Thanks Al! And we much appreciate the mention of the drums, bass and the mods. It took a lot of “auditions” to select those tracks.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The girl should be headlining Blues Festivals. (the whole band, actually)

Bass & Drums - tight, tight, Tight!

Peter's got that guitar Singing!

Mix Perfection.

You cannot fake talent. This is the real thing.

Your Best write ever. Packed with raw emotion.

Nice album cover, too (is there a different term for that these days?)

Y'all deserve viral.

fj

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,682
Posts748,070
Members38,855
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico, vantuir
38,855 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197