Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
HI Floyd,

As has been mentioned numerous times previously, your piano work has become exceptional for your music. It's another real nice tool to put into your musical toolbox. And your toolbox already has some pretty nice tools in it.

The lyric touches so many possibilities and/or interpretations. And you let each listener decide for him/herself how it fits into their mindset. My thoughts about this one have already been touched upon by a previous commenter, and I think you probably know which one it is.

Okay, the song, per se: As always, it's a perfect example of a superb project brought to fruition. One aspect of your songs that always jumps out at me after a full listen is the prosody. You meld lyric and vocal nuance so enviably good to the musical bed. There's never a blemish between the written lyric and musical soundscape. Always a perfect fit.

It's so good to hear another one from you!

best to you and yours,

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 07/27/24 12:44 AM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd

Excellent as usual. Great lyric, vocal and piano playing.
A top song.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd,

It's an emotional song. Great vocals!
Your charm as a vocalist really shines through.
You play the piano yourself in this tune.
So, It really fits the song.
It's true that sometimes it's hard to find the perfect piano RealTracks for the song.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very pleasant and easy listening. No surprises there. You land well in this sort of genre. Seems to have some early Dan Folgerberg or Mac Davis type elements. Peacefully nostalgic. Good one.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
That was really good. Nice old style country with a timely message. I like the mix and your track selection.

Lyrically, spot on and really good advice. That was a really good job on the piano. You've become a good pianist.
Thanks, Herb. Appreciate the comment on piano.

Originally Posted by DC Ron
Floyd, sweet song, superbly performed. Really love your piano work on this, it's perfect. Rockin' BiaB accompaniment, too. That bass really has a nice bounce. Let me know where you find that quiet spot, and leave a little room please.
Thanks, Ron. I am much enjoying playing piano and creating BIAB productions around that. The selections available now in BIAB make that more possible. They are adding more and more nuanced choices all the time...

Originally Posted by WaoBand
Really well done ballad, Floyd. A lot to relate to, though even when old friends were still occupying their planetary (physical) bodies I've never really felt that I've had a 'place in the world'. In Spirit and on our Beautiful Earth, definitely, but never in the artificial world. My only 'criticism' is just personal taste, but I'd have had a guitar solo somewhere central as well as at the end. The little bit that comes in sounds great, so not using more of it seems a waste good material.
Thanks, Chay. For me, this is just simply a song that does not need any real solos. The Brent guitar was for a short break. More a lyric song than a music song for me (if you get what I mean)

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Great write, Floyd! Production, vocals, structure, lyrics, etc. are all there. I liked your use of the on and off harmonies in the chorus - something I think I'll 'borrow' for some of my future tunes where applicable.

Dewey

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Sounds like it was recorded in a Nashville studio.
"it's hard to find the middle
when everyone's so damn right" My favorite line. A darn good one.
All good: vocal, lyrics, melody, production.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
You captured my feelings exactly. I really can relate to this song. Excellent writing as always. Performance and production spot on. Everything works.

Elliott Kayne
elliottkayne@gmail.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic
https://www.facebook.com/ekayne

Health, Wealth, Family, Faith, Friends, and Fun

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
As usual Floyd, another fantastic write and great production. I thought your piano really worked well throughout the song and the way you brought in those other instruments - you're a pro. You just keep raising the bar!

Brad

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Floyd.
Very nicely written as usual. It'll hit home with a lot of folk.

Vic

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by MarioD
Floyd, another outstanding masterpiece!
Loved your piano
As usual outstanding vocal, lyrics, arrangement, and mix.
Loved it

Much appreciated, Mario.

Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, floyd jane.

Smooth intro, pulls me in with a quiet groove that really kicks in at the chorus. A sad song about letting go of things that have changed.

Everything solid, especially the lyrics:

i tried to be your friend
   or at least not pick a fight
   it's hard to find the middle
   when everyone's so damn right

Nice work on the piano, too! laugh

Thanks, David. About time for a new one from you....

Originally Posted by mkg50 (Mike G)
Floyd, it's great to hear your voice again (I've been away from the forum for a while too).
This sombre song seems very pertinent, given what's going on in the US and around the world.
Somehow, you always get your vocals fitting in the mix so well - strong and upfront but not ever over the top.
I enjoyed the band as well, though I would like to have heard a bit more of Brent's solo.
Great work.
Mike

Thanks, Mike. Good to see you back...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The story is absorbing, makes the listener want to understand what it is about, intriguing title with many possible interpretations. Nice lines like "I need to find myself again" & "it's hard to find the middle", speak to an introvert and a diplomat in me. The melody is guaranteed fj magic, the vocal is full of passion and the band and the mix are carefully built to express the mood.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Sucha golden voice. Such perrfect harmony. I love your use of the pedal steel. Sparce and very tasty. Excellent lyrics --especially like the beginning:
lately i've been letting too much of myself
slip out into the world
impassioned conversations
where no one's being heard

Excellent piano work, too. The melody, especially in the chorus is very catchy --the kind that we sing in our heads when the song is over.

Thanks, Marty. Your song comments are always thoughtful.
It is kudos to PGMusic for continuing to add RTs that put sprinkles on the ice cream (like those lush steels)
Thanks for the lyric quote - that is one of my favorite beginnings writing-wise.
Appreciate the mention of the piano. Been toying with other instruments, too...(bass? smile )
The melody came from my brain. So I appreciate that mention, too.. wink

Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
A beautiful song, and all so true.
You once commented on one of my songs with the words: “Nice to see/hear someone making music that sounds like it was made today.”
Your song, despite its prehistoric smile genre, is more today than anything else.
Very well done and to the point.

It rarely happens that I stray from the path and find myself in the dark world of off-topic because I am either ignored, misunderstood or insulted there.
Your home is here, not there.

Thanks, B.D.
Thanks for the "today" comment. I fear the Showcase is about to be infected with Suno and Udio "contemporary" productions as some take the easy way out. Already happening.
Like you, I've never found Off-Topics welcoming.

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Floyd,

This is you doing what you do best . . . real, relatable and meaningful lyrics, put to a great melody and sung with heart. Great production as usual. Terrific tune!

Nice piano playing to boot—I’m envious!

Deej

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by HearToLearn
First, let me cover that I REALLY like this song. All the typical comments apply. I'm not going to boiler plate those. Instrument entrances weaving in and out, dynamics of each of those instruments, lyrics, production...you nailed them all. Again.

That being said, I'm going to come at this from a different a angle. I see the lyrics and can hear your voice singing them. Then I listen, and realize that although you manage to have all of your songs sound like "you" each one is a surprise. That can't be easy.

I'm truly engrossed by your melodic choices. It amazes me that I can think I know where you're going and you make different choices than I would guess. Similar; but you know how to vary things just enough to keep it ultra-interesting; but not so far that there's no sense of repetition at all. It's familiar yet unexpected. HOW?

I felt special need to mention that your drum choices were fantastic. In sound/style and execution. At least that's my take. If I heard that and didn't know, I would wonder who the drummer was. That's actually saying a lot.

Great song! Thanks for sharing it with us mortals.

Thanks for the thoughts. I like that you always think a little different bout these things. I've been writing and singing since I was 14. Hopefully, in that time, I have developed music that I can call my own. BIAB allows me (us) to take that to the next level by allowing us to develop production chops, too - which can then make our music even more "me". The possibilities are there - almost endless these days.

It pleases me to no end that you approve of my drums choices "In sound/style and execution". It's always tough to please a drummer...
smile

Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
Great song Floyd!

Your piano playing carries the track and you sure did a fine job with it!
Love the choice of the pedal steel it really fills in the proper spaces!
Awesome hard-hitting lyrics that surely will resonate with many listeners
It's another top tier song from you......in fact every track you share lives there!

Beautiful work!
Thanks, TB

Much appreciated, Torrey...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd,

Somewhere our paths divided
you (I) sought a different view

That might be true in our case (I think you get it), but this is a beautiful song. Really from the heart, I think. I find it very emotional and moving. I can't add much more to that. Well done, Floyd!
Your writing is very good, but that is always the case in your songs.
Non-Americans can only be jealous of that. I'm one of them.

Have a nice day,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Just BEAUTIFUL!!!! Is there anything FJ can't do?? You're becoming quite a piano player in addition to all of your other gifts!! Love this lyric!!!....so full of emotion, and the melody has the sense of longing for the past, comfort, and peace. SOOO Well done my friend!!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello Floyd
Very good song
Develops very well
The guitar solo is a highlight - fits so nicely
The vocals are excellent
GREAT STUFF
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Scott C
Lovely song Floyd. Lyric was very cool. Super vocal and awesome backtrack. Production and mix were first class. Well done.

Thanks, Scott..

Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Powerful and relatable lyric, just one example here:
“it's hard to find the middle
when everyone's so damn right”

The excellent arrangement excels with great dynamics - vocally and instrumentally.

The intimate opening with you and your piano with lush pedal steel fills was perfect.
And speaking of that piano … it’s hard to imagine it being more complementary.

We like the vocal processing at the beginning too - it felt like you were right here with us.

Hittin’ the note in every aspect!

Welcome Home!

J&B

Thanks, y'all. Appreciate the piano mention. The BIAB lush steels work SO well in these type productions...

Originally Posted by Al-David
HI Floyd,

As has been mentioned numerous times previously, your piano work has become exceptional for your music. It's another real nice tool to put into your musical toolbox. And your toolbox already has some pretty nice tools in it.

The lyric touches so many possibilities and/or interpretations. And you let each listener decide for him/herself how it fits into their mindset. My thoughts about this one have already been touched upon by a previous commenter, and I think you probably know which one it is.

Okay, the song, per se: As always, it's a perfect example of a superb project brought to fruition. One aspect of your songs that always jumps out at me after a full listen is the prosody. You meld lyric and vocal nuance so enviably good to the musical bed. There's never a blemish between the written lyric and musical soundscape. Always a perfect fit.

It's so good to hear another one from you!

best to you and yours,

Alan

Much appreciated, Alan. Best to you and Di...

Originally Posted by PeterF
floyd

Excellent as usual. Great lyric, vocal and piano playing.
A top song.

Peter

Thanks, Peter...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by animarorecords
floyd,

It's an emotional song. Great vocals!
Your charm as a vocalist really shines through.
You play the piano yourself in this tune.
So, It really fits the song.
It's true that sometimes it's hard to find the perfect piano RealTracks for the song.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki Adachi, much appreciated. Thanks...

Originally Posted by David Snyder
Very pleasant and easy listening. No surprises there. You land well in this sort of genre. Seems to have some early Dan Folgerberg or Mac Davis type elements. Peacefully nostalgic. Good one.

Thanks for the pleasantries, David...

Originally Posted by Dewey_MI
Great write, Floyd! Production, vocals, structure, lyrics, etc. are all there. I liked your use of the on and off harmonies in the chorus - something I think I'll 'borrow' for some of my future tunes where applicable.

Dewey

Thanks, Dewey. Borrow away.... The Showcase can be a great place to pick up new ideas... a number of folks here making quality music - both writing and producing...

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,686
Posts748,096
Members38,855
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico, vantuir
38,855 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 203