Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#817386 07/19/24 01:04 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Background:
This is the 3rd in a series on a WW2 theme. It’s about the millions of "Rosie the Riveters" across the US, Canada, Australia and other allies that stepped up and worked the war time factories and shipyards to manufacture and assemble everything from bullets to planes to battleships, to food rations and clothing for those fighting abroad. They too deserve to be remembered. We couldn’t have won the war without them.

To all the “Rosie’s” . . . thank you!

Technicals:
100 BPM

BiaB
RealDrums in style:TeenBeatUptempoEv16: a: Snare, Kick b: Snare, HiHat

Creative-Commons
Factory Sound Effects

Me
Spoken Lyrics
Korg Keyboard: Pianos, Strings, Pads, Xylophone, Bells
Roland Drum Pad: Finger Snaps
Fender: Bass Guitar

Mixed in Studio One Pro

Rosie the Riveter

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Assembling a Wing Section.jpg (20.53 KB, 114 downloads)

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Cool subject, and nicely put together track. The short minor key section you pull out a couple of times has some cool tension that works really well against the rest of the arrangement. Great playing and vocals, and super mix, too. Even the BiaB drums sound nice(!). So two thumbs up from me!

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
BT,

Great song. Love the intro and the spoken word. The overall sound is modern, but yet has a vintage feel as well. Very nice!

Awesome bass and an excellent mix really completes this piece.

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve, yes we owe a lot to those ladies.
Outstanding song
Super melody
Outstanding bass and mix
Fantastic sound effects and spoken word
IMHO this is your best to date
Loved it

Inflation is so bad that CEOs are now playing miniature golf!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Ron, Bob and Mario, your kind comments are humbling.

These ladies sacrificed so much for the war effort and were truly indispensible.
Let's not forget that many of them were also raising children at the same time!

After uploading it I realized how long it was at 6:20 and knew where some fat could be trimmed. But was too fearful to attempt "major surgury" as my editing skills are still not fully developed. Nonetheless, it's from folks like you that I have learned so much.

Many thanks.

BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Pretty cool song idea, BT.
My grandfather's name wasn't exactly Rosie, but he did something similar.
Very well done!
Enjoyed the listen.
A lot!

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Steve.

Cool tune - not what I was expecting. Bops along with some nice synths.

The FX work nicely. smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Bass!

Man this is a swell piece! I really like that photograph on soundcloud too. That woman is boss! Now that's what I'm talking about!

This is a very delicate and melodic piece that is very sweet and soothing to listen to and it really calmed me down, and trust me that's good for me!

Thanks for posting this!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool tune. I don't think the first part fit like it should have. It was quite different from what followed.

The music is good. I like the industrial sound going on.

Side Bar: If you ever get to New Orleans, you should absolutely take the time....a complete day is a good idea, to visit the WW2 Museum. It encompasses 6 city blocks with hundreds of thousands of artifacts from the war. Well worth the time. Did I mention that my daughter works there? Her job, among other things is to find the veterans of that war and bring them in and give them the "Red Carpet" treatment with a tour of the museum and some of the city, and get them back home again. If you can, they even have a hotel that they own that is decorated from the front entry to the rooms in the deco style of the 40s.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Pretty cool song idea, BT.
My grandfather's name wasn't exactly Rosie, but he did something similar.
Very well done!
Enjoyed the listen.
A lot!
I never of heard a guy named Rosie but Johnny Cash knows a boy named Sue smile
Thanks for the listen and glad you enjoyed it.

BiaB 2024 Windows
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Spendid, Steve. Man, I like the beat Rosie gives us. They likely worked more in a cacophany of chaos, but this is the kind of music that likely played in their heads. They worked with an attitude of saving the lives of their countrymen rather than taking lives of the enemy. Same work, but a better effect on the soul.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
dcuny #817717 07/24/24 04:00 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Steve.

Cool tune - not what I was expecting. Bops along with some nice synths.

The FX work nicely. smile
David, thanks so much for the listen.
I'll probably do a re-mix at some point to shorten it but I agree, the factory noise FX came out fairly good.
It was a lot of work to assemble those sounds.

BiaB 2024 Windows
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Hey Bass!

Man this is a swell piece! I really like that photograph on soundcloud too. That woman is boss! Now that's what I'm talking about!

This is a very delicate and melodic piece that is very sweet and soothing to listen to and it really calmed me down, and trust me that's good for me!

Thanks for posting this!
Hi David, that image on Soundcloud is one of those iconic cultural Americana images that captures the "Rosie message". I've also seen it as a refrigerator magnet.

In 1942, Pittsburgh artist J. Howard Miller was hired by the Westinghouse Company's War Production Coordinating Committee to create a series of posters for the war effort. One of these posters became the famous "We Can Do It!"

I'm glad you liked my latest song. They too were every bit a part of the Greatest Generation; 50% actually smile

BiaB 2024 Windows
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
Cool tune. I don't think the first part fit like it should have. It was quite different from what followed.

The music is good. I like the industrial sound going on.

Side Bar: If you ever get to New Orleans, you should absolutely take the time....a complete day is a good idea, to visit the WW2 Museum. It encompasses 6 city blocks with hundreds of thousands of artifacts from the war. Well worth the time. Did I mention that my daughter works there? Her job, among other things is to find the veterans of that war and bring them in and give them the "Red Carpet" treatment with a tour of the museum and some of the city, and get them back home again. If you can, they even have a hotel that they own that is decorated from the front entry to the rooms in the deco style of the 40s.
Hey GH, thanks so much for the feedback.
I agree, the intro was foreboding and in hindsight doesn't fit that well with the overall theme. That intro came about from just noodling on my keyboard and I thought it sounded pretty good. What I should have done was thought about how that fit or didn't fit in the context of the song.

And 6 city blocks?? Wow! If I ever visit New Orleans, that will definately be on the itinerary.

BiaB 2024 Windows
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Steve,

Cool production!

I like hearing all the instruments you have added, and impressive that you played them all.

Nice build, and the spoken word sounds good too. Nice changes also, really adds to the interest.

Good stuff!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Spendid, Steve. Man, I like the beat Rosie gives us. They likely worked more in a cacophany of chaos, but this is the kind of music that likely played in their heads. They worked with an attitude of saving the lives of their countrymen rather than taking lives of the enemy. Same work, but a better effect on the soul.
Hey Marty,
You're right, a cacophany of chaos is probably what they lived in. OSHA wasn't created until the 70's so I'm sure management paid little attention to the droning noise levels.

In high school I worked in a factory where the repetitive pounding and humming of the machines was quite noticeable and I remember trying to make my pounding compatible to form a crude ryhthm. Maybe that contributed to my interest in music.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed this.

BiaB 2024 Windows
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great stuff Thumper.
My mind wanted the industrial rhythm and melody to match - or at least resolve together.
The flow of the progression, once it dominated, was graceful and pleasant.
I like the sound of your voice but the narrative about the woman missing her man, living alone etc. didn't really resonate with me, I assume that is because it presumes that every Rosie had a man away at the war...it's a bit tidy I suppose.
Hey, this is my sick brain twitching so pay me no mind if it doesn't jibe with your perspective.
Fab stuff.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Teve,

Your musical production gets continually . Thgis is a great piece that, I assume, took quite a bit of time and effort.

When I was growing up (born1947), Rosie the Riveter posters were still fairly commonplace, a reminder of the efforts and dedication of the women toward the war effort. I believe they never did the full credit they deserved. They did a lot to keep our troops and our efforts going. Good on you for this remembrance song.

My mother and grandmother worked at the small arms ammunition plant in St. Louis. They were both quality control inspectors. The building stood until 20 or so years ago.

Good job and a great listen.

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The sound effects mesh well with the RD and your performances and create a vivid assembly line scenario.

We miss hearing our mothers talk about their experiences while our fathers were overseas during WWII. Bud’s Mama at 18 was one of those young girls who took a train from Georgia to Washington, D.C. to work as an IBM punch card employee.
We both admire her bravery and dedication.

All meaning your tribute was special for us.

Well done!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Hi Steve,

Cool production!

I like hearing all the instruments you have added, and impressive that you played them all.

Nice build, and the spoken word sounds good too. Nice changes also, really adds to the interest.

Good stuff!
Many appreciations Dave for a glowing review.

Yeah, I'm finding that BiaB and my Korg are a great match, there's so much to explore in each, my imagination is the limiter because these tools are so huge.

And I haven't even gotten into MIDI yet!!! That's a whole 'nother world smile

BiaB 2024 Windows
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,686
Posts748,118
Members38,857
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Bob Shilling, nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico
38,856 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199