Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
dRoNe13 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
"Alf"
You really didn't need to go to all that trouble, but thanks anyway.
How the hell did you manage to get the drum stems to work when there's a bug with the 'Multi Styles'?

With one of your quirky workarounds?

I need to record all the vocals yet. That will have to wait though, I have this damn chest infection that's very irritating.

I'll check out sound cloud, thanks

dRoNe13 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
"Alf"

I'm new to soundcloud, never used it before. I don't know my way around. I can see 4 of your songs, but I don't see mine.

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
drone...

answers mate...

1...got your pm.
2...i havent uploaded to scloud yet...because its your song and i was waiting for your ok to upload....ruff demo done...so tell me you want me to do that or not mate.
3...re your question 'how the heck did i do that ' ??
my answer....
....took your list of 15 instruments and generated and mixed to ruff wav demo. actually i quickly added a tad pg verb to a sax also to see if you liked the idea and make it stand out.
...i did all in realband. my work method if i can use an analogy is on songs i use bb to ruff out the basic song house like an architect planning a house and then use a daw like realband to go from there....ie moving bits of audio etc around...getting rid of the bad...keeping the good and finalising the production of the song and producing the final stereo master.
...for this song its looking like production wise..as its such a neat floydish concept i feel a daw is best to be used as this is no trivial song concept....ie you have a lovely song concept...but to do justice to the song and given that obviously there are many tracks in the song imho a daw like rb is the appropo tool to take the song to the next level due to many tools in a daw like rb.
in summary bb for getting song idea down and daw like rb to develope song further.

in the interim an idea ...dunno if you like it...just suggestion... as your concept is tres neat...(btw in case your worried...i never take someones ideas...im a typical honest englishman....)
imagine floyd live and a backdrop or film of a lonely person roaming
around on a distant planet or a lonely street ...a lonely guitar starts the song off...one of the guitar rt's is very nice for this in your instrument list you gave me....then bam...like a uk soccer match local derby ...lol...eg hammers n chelsea all heck breaks loose...similiary the song from very quiete to pandemonium.

so i was just thinking...with your ok to upload to scloud the lonely guitar start and then the all instrumenation coming in...ie ruff demo of about a 2 minute of audio.
and then you take it from there and decide if you hate the idea or not.

btw pg user mario is a master at sounscapes....

anyhoo mate i await your instruction to upload or not.
be aware other people will be able to hear it too...so give me your ok.
its done now including lonely guitar start...ready to upload on your say so.
note...use decent earbuds. i mixed for such.
the name of the upload will include your user name drone and copyright june 2024 attributed to you.

keep rocking.

om 🇨🇦🇨🇦 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/05/24 06:23 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
drone13.

in case you read this first...

got your latest pm..replied with link in a pm back to you.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/05/24 08:03 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by dRoNe13
"JP"
Only after you mentioned it, thanks for that.
I noticed, I had the exact same problem with: FLOWING.STY
and this style doesn't use the CAJON drums.
Simon has been trying to tell you the issue is with styles that have [Multi] drums.

Studio One (latest version), Win 11 23H2 , i9 -10940X 3.3 GHz, 32GB Mem, a 4K 40" monitor, PreSonus Studio Live III Console as interface/controller. secondarily test on Reaper, Cakewalk, and S1 on Surface Pro 3 Win 10 (latest versions).
Product Manager
Product Manager
That's the strange thing, I never rendered anything.
I just chose the style, changed a few instruments and the drums, put in the chords, saved the song, closed BIAB.
Next morning I loaded up the song, and the melody name had changed and turned orange.

It hasn't happened since.
It was probably something I did, it was kind of late.
Hopefully that's a one-off, but from the behaviour you described it sounds like there was an audio file in the same location as the song file. Orange track headers are only used for audio tracks. If it happens again, double check to see if a WAV/MP3/etc file is in the same folder, and if so, rename it then re-open the song.

I work here
dRoNe13 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
'Simon'
"The workaround for this in the meantime is to either start from a different but similar style and change the Realtracks to what you want, or start from a blank style and add the Realtracks you want."

Starting from a blank style is an excellent idea, I'll do this until the problem is sorted, thanks.

dRoNe13 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
justanoldmuso +
DrDan +
jpettit +
Simon - PG Music +

Thanks for the help😉

Product Manager
Product Manager
You're welcome dRoNe13, happy to help!

I work here
dRoNe13 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hi all,
I take it, that the Drum Stem problem hasn't been resolved in build 113.
I've installed the update but the problem persists.
Not to worry, I'm sure they'll be working on it.

Product Manager
Product Manager
Hi all,
Not yet, but it's high on the priority list.

I work here
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Simon - PG Music
Hi all,

Using the text: ' [PG: bug reported]' is far preferable than PGM staff labeling a thread as [Resolved] when it actually has only been acknowledged. In the context of these threads, resolved literally means 'corrected' or 'fixed'.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Product Manager
Product Manager
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
Hi all,

Using the text: ' [PG: bug reported]' is far preferable than PGM staff labeling a thread as [Resolved] when it actually has only been acknowledged. In the context of these threads, resolved literally means 'corrected' or 'fixed'.
I wasn't the one who marked it Resolved. I've now changed it to Reported.

I work here
Veteran
Veteran
I wasn't the one who marked it Resolved. I've now changed it to Reported.
Excellent, Simon. Thanks very much for this, as it can be confusing for users to search for how an issue was resolved, only to find that it hasn't been. This is a much preferable method. Thanks again.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,686
Posts748,119
Members38,857
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Bob Shilling, nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico
38,856 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199