OP Offline
Veteran
J
all.

it would help new users of bb if there was a list of plugins both vst and vsti
from existing users that work in bb.
please could you list the following...

..name of plugin(s) plus
..your pc processor (eg i7 or i5 or amd ryzen whatever product id) and os version.
..how many instances before your pc has difficulty (eg 'stutters' ) and 'puffs out'.

pg could you make this a sticky so it doesnt fall into the abyss over time and thus the info would be lost to new users ?

(thanks to user mario for planting the idea.)

happiness

om

my songs....mixed for good earbuds...(fyi..my vocs on all songs..)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs
(90 songs created useing bb/rb.)
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Journeyman
Journeyman
So I often use usually use Kushview Element as a plugin host as you can do all sorts of complex routings (not the least have series/parallel routings). It also can install both as a VST2 and VST3, and you can load the VST2 and then pull into the host all your VST3 plugins.

Other than that, for loading plugins in directly:

All of Melda production's VSTs from the fantastic MFreeFXBundle are incredibly stable

The VSTs from the Kilohearts Essential suite come in VST2 as well as 3 and are amazing. You can purchase Snap Heap which is a host/routing/modulation utility for $30 and it runs fairly stable too, but as you add in more effects and modulators etc, you run the risk of crashing.

VSTs.

WA Production Criminally underrated plugins. (Can often be found on sale for as low as $5 each--in fact do not pay more than $15 for either of these-they are nearly always on sale!):
The King multiband compressor I use on nearly every track (it has upwards compression as well as downwards, which I love)
Dodge Pro Volume/envelope shaper which can emulate a sidechained kick without actually sidechaining (which I don't think you can do in BiaB as, AFAIK, BiaB does not support any form of routing). It also can function as a trance gate and do all sorts of creative things by independently carving out low/mid/high and high frequncies with dozens of preset curves and shapes.

iZotope:
Trash 2 (brilliant distortion plugin, but so much more. The Convolve section alone is worth the price of admission).
DDLY Dynamic Delay (bit of a learning curve and must be used judiciously)
Mobius Filter: Runs stable, but without the ability to write automation as you can in DAWs, has limited functionality.

VSTis

AIR Music Technology
Xpand2!: Fantastic ROMpler (the EDM Snippet here was generated with one instance of it on a held piano chord track from the utility styles, (which you could view as the poor man's version of what is now accomplished via a chord track), with all 4 channels/layers running something else. As a ROMpler, there is 0 learning curve, and is as "plug-and-play" as they get.
LoomII: Absolutely unique additive synthesis engine, but a bit of an odd one overall. Nearly unmatched for spacy evolving and textural pads and sequences. A no-brainer if you are into ambient music and ethereal soundscapes. Don't use it all that often, tbh, but is quite stable.
VacuumPro: Incredible sound for 70s and 80s synth tones, but one of the dumbest layouts and GUIs I ever saw, IMO. Stick with the presets and you can't go wrong (actually, there are plenty of weird ones that I find next to no utility for, but there are enough great ones if you are willing to take the time to sift through them. Pro tip: Experiment with the mod wheel! Of course many of the lead presets use the modwheel for vibrato, but the other presets usually modulate other parameters that will put a delighted smile on your face.
Hybrid 3: I cannot sing this praises of this VSTi enough. I can go on and on about it, but I don't have the time at the moment, and it would be wrong of me to start talking about it without really doing a deep dive.
Some of the AIR plugins can be expensive at MSRP, but are often on sale for $15-25, and, if you keep an eye on them, can go even lower.

There are quite a few others, but I don't really have the time to list them all at the moment, so maybe I'll come back later and add some more.

As for how all these run; they are pretty stable, as long as I don't tray to mess with too many parameters of load new patches while BiaB is playing.
(You can see my specs in my signature, and you might note that my PC is getting long in the tooth, so many of you will probably have a much better time of it).

DB09

Last edited by DeaconBlues09; 08/19/24 03:52 AM. Reason: Words and stuff, and added link. Also edited to stress that you should only buy WA Production plugins on sale!

Band-in-a-Box 2024. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,758
Posts748,870
Members38,873
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
burny7777, Sarah, annaclara58427, ELDebansky, Chief O’ Stuff
38,873 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 160