John PM me a link i would love to hear your demo. The wife and I were walking last night around the harbor area ( we live near the beach in California) and there is a monterey bay cannery restaurant, and there was a guy floding up his gear out behind the patio area. He was bagging up a Bose sound system so I walked over and asked him how he liked it, and we talked a bit. We are going back tonight to have dinner and listen a while. He plays on sunday and monday nights. It seems that there is someone there and at the coffee shop on the other side of the harbor village about 5 nights a week during the summer months. Also they have a small cruise boat in the harbor for parties weddings and such and theyu sometimes have a live band on the bow. Kinda funny actually.

Think outside the box look for any kind of restaurant that has a patio, or outside area, or a bar lounge area and ask to play there. Especially if they do not have anyone playing there now. This can help them compete for patrons. Offer something reasonabl, but I agree with Mac, not free cause that is all they will want from that point. If they can get it free why pay? If they have a reasonable patronage, maybe offer to come in for a small fee plus tip jar. Remember some view the tip jar as money that they do not get. Every dollar is from the customers entertainment budget. $60 per night plus tips that is $20 per hour for three hours and if you pick up another $25 in tips not a bad night. After you play there a while keep looking around and maybe next time $70 plus tips. Put cards up on bill boards for weddings and private parties.

Kinda cool there was also a guy in the middle of the harbor playing blues with a small roland cube battery powered amp. He had a nice hollow body electric and no mike just sang over the amp which was down fairly low. it sounded pretty good. He had his guitar case in front and about $10 to 12 in tips so far. I was thinking that right there are three small restaurants with patios, and right in front of them was a tee shirt trailer thing, that has power. Hhmm i wonder if that trailer business would let me plug in my laptop and sound system I could sit there on a stool and play for all three restaurants and place a nice sized tip jar. Ask each eatin joint to chip in $20 and ........ hhmmmmm They all get entertainment and no one has to foot the whole bill. The Tee shirt trailer gets attention for free, and i get to play out on a beautiful summer evening at the harbor?!?!

The reason solo acts are so popular is cause to books a 4 piece band will cost anywhere from $400 to $800 per night, or more. Thus a solo act asking even $150 to $200 is dirt cheap, and way more personal to the crowd.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.