Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by musocity
Back in 2015 why were more users not onboard then rather than knocking things ? there would have been big changes by now frown
programming language upgrade delphi to c++ [CONFIRMED]

Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Number 2, definitely.
I'd be happy with ZERO new features and few, if any, new RTs, if the bugs were to be fixed and UI significantly improved.

Last edited by Jon Thomas; 06/01/24 04:46 AM.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Number 2

Windows 11 64 bit, Biab 2024 1111, Realband 2024
i7 Desktop Computer 16Gb Memory

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted by Jon Thomas
Number 2, definitely.
I'd be happy with ZERO new features and few, if any, new RTs, if the bugs were to be fixed and UI significantly improved.
This is a perfect explanation on what I would also like to see happen.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
Bump city!!!!!!

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2024, Realband, Reaper, Harrison Mixbus 32c , Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Off-Topic
J
Expert
Expert
J
Number 2 all the way. I don't need any new styles as I have over 10,000 of them now. Fix the bugs that have been reported over the years, update this outdated UI interface to modern standards, VST3 ability, and PLEASE fix that darn "Do nothing when I click the OK button" that showed up recently.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
Off-Topic
J
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
J
#2 as well!!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
BiaB already has tons of features I never use, so new features aren't a big draw for me.

I'd still buy it if the next release only offered additional RTs.

That said, a GUI cleanup would be nice. I went to change the drum track on a song the other day, and it was painful.

Of course, "fixing" things would mean breaking things for people who are used to doing something another way. Good luck balancing that out.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by dcuny
.. Of course, "fixing" things would mean breaking things for people who are used to doing something another way. Good luck balancing that out.
A fair point. I like the way PG Music handled this last time, keeping the ‘old’ GUI as an option. It’s still there, by icon or Ctrl+T. I would hope a major change could be handled that way again.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Agreed, there are a few challenges. I only ever use the new interface, but there are many others who still use the old one.

Having a choice means that workflow improvements can be delivered for those who wish to use them. Of course, improvements go far beyond the user interface. They include resolving a number of shortcomings that the program already suffers from. (Notice that I didn't say "bugs" crazy )

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
David,
you are a man of reason, but I disagree with this:
"Of course, "fixing" things would mean breaking things for people who are used to doing something another way. Good luck balancing that out."

In my view, it's the art of software development - balancing things out. I feel that BIAB (not the Plugin) reached it's pinnacle of "features", and time is (red hot) ripe to make all these features work organically with each other and bug free - make the best of it. Will some oppose? Sure! The main question that should be asked is, if the goal is making software better for most users?

P.S. Maybe there is a long term solution for those with conservative views & who have no interest in further development of the program... Make new RT's backward compatible.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
<...snip..>The main question that should be asked is, if the goal is making software better for most users?<...>

Thinking like a businessman, the goal is, how to keep generating income to keep the company alive.

Of course, servicing your customers is the most important part of that. And part of servicing your customers is making sure your product is working well (in the software world, bug free).

But sooner or later, a product becomes mature and the market more or less saturated. There isn't much to do to keep the old customers injecting money into your company to keep you, and all the help, employed. What do you do?

One way is more features. BiaB is good at this, it's gone from a simple, 3 instrument auto-accompaiment app with no intros, endings, shots, holds, and only 24 styles. Now we have thousands of styles, shots, holds, real tracks, notation, micro-chords, endings, melodist, soloist, and every year new styles/realtracks.

Me, in the BiaB end of my biz, it's new style e-disks and fake e-disks. In my performing musical duo biz, new songs to keep our fans from getting bored with us.

Some companies go the subscription route, which I am not fond of for most products. For example; if you want “Office 365” why do you need to pay monthly for a piece of software? Paying monthly for what? Are there enough monthly innovations to justify the cost? I know MS needs the money, but why this way?

Thankfully, PG Music doesn't do this. Instead, it tries to offer us new features and styles/tracks that are attractive enough to make us want that new upgrade. And IMO they have done a very good job at that. Plus, wisely, they give us a wish list so that they know what we want. Of course, to keep the app back compatible, which I love, not everything we wish for is possible. That's OK with me. Other things are not practical, or in some cases, not just a good idea for the majority of us.

But remember, the only reason for a business to be in business is to make money. And to get back to your initial question, making the software better for most users is definitely a way for the business to make more money.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Notes, was that a one or a two? grin grin grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
"But remember, the only reason for a business to be in business is to make money."
Well, only partially true. Sure, it has to be profitable, but you have to love, or at least like what you do. And it seems to me, PGM done a great job of finding and recruiting very talented & diverse musicians and offering subscription free catalog at a very reasonable price. You gotta have a heart in it smile

However, there are approximately 50 items in total which includes known issues and gaps in workflow that preventing BIAB to be all it can be. Software development doesn't necessarily mean adding complexity. I would be absolutely happy if a full yearly release is just focused on known issues and bridging workflow gaps + new Tracks.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I think there's still some new code to write.
The style metaphor in place seems too cumbersome.

instead of 5000 styles perhaps PG Music could experiment with a new approach to style.
A continuum based on a particular style, not 100 different minor permutations of said style.
Most of which never get used.

For example,
Start with a style - lets say Rock Ballad.
Create tracks in BIAB with 3 or 4 musicians (Drums, Bass, Keys, Guitars) in a basic rock style.
Let user adjust a parameters for each musician to get some groove they are after.
Some of us currently do this in a very manual way in BIAB
Example- Select bass player 1, regen, listen. Throw away, Select bass player 2, regen Listen
Lather rinse repeat until Eureka! , or your will to live subsides and you live with what you have.
Or you do midi.

AAPL does some of this in session musician.
Its perhaps but a taste of the future.
Its not well developed but there are parts of it that are compelling. The drummer for example.
If only they had more Jazz/Latin Drummers.

PG has a head start on this.

Anyway,

biab2024(Mac) Latest Build
Mac OS Sonoma 14.5
Apple M2 pro 32GB Ram
Logic Pro 11
Off-Topic
S
Journeyman
Journeyman
S
Originally Posted by mrgeeze
For example,
Start with a style - lets say Rock Ballad.
Create tracks in BIAB with 3 or 4 musicians (Drums, Bass, Keys, Guitars) in a basic rock style.
Let user adjust a parameters for each musician to get some groove they are after.
Some of us currently do this in a very manual way in BIAB
Example- Select bass player 1, regen, listen. Throw away, Select bass player 2, regen Listen
Lather rinse repeat until Eureka! , or your will to live subsides and you live with what you have.
Or you do midi.

I like it!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I'm so often reminded here of Colin Chapman's (Lotus cars) line: "Simplify, then add lightness".
A nicely pragmatic interpretation of Occam's razor.

Not so easy with a software product like BiaB, of course, which is quite complex by its very nature.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11
BIAB2024 Audiophile, a bunch of other software.
Kawai MP6, Ui24R, Focusrite Saffire Pro40 and Scarletts
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote "Some of us currently do this in a very manual way in BIAB"

I believe BIAB 2024 solved a few major workflow items with non modal MTP Library, Track View and Partial regeneration. I've done a video of showing my current way of handling a few things in BIAB:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=821055&#Post821055

Getting back to original thread topic... This ^ was a game changer for me, and I do want a few missing bits, like whole length vertical cursor, but mainly I would like existing tools to be refined and known issues solved instead of adding new features.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
And again, I think doing that would be a welcome feature.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
...but mainly I would like existing tools to be refined and known issues solved instead of adding new features.
Yes, this, exactly.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,779
Posts749,189
Members38,879
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
thanh tran, Rick0965, Jason Woodland, Dwayno7, Jeff Langr
38,878 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 143