Lyrics are on the web page.

Have at it.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I give it a two thumbs up.
Nice job.

Last edited by rharv; 08/26/24 03:49 PM.

I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Make your sound your own!
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice one. The tracks are a good fit and the lead guitar parts sound really nice. Good job on the co-write.

Copyright 2015? Old one redone? New tracks? New vocal? Or... first time out of the box?

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd, Janice, and Bud all I can say about this song is WOW!
This should be on the radio today.
Everything is, as always with your songs, absolutely perfect.
Loved this one.

Inflation is so bad that CEOs are now playing miniature golf!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Expert
Online Content
Expert
What a nicely composed song, and so crisply arranged and performed. Fabulous vocals, love the way the bridge reaches for the next level and nails it. Super harmonies! GREAT job on the all BiaB band, and the guitar break works very nicely indeed. Fantastic job, "guys"...

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

I remember this song well. I think Janice also did a version where she sang lead about a year ago. Great songs stay with you...

It's such an awesome production. Love your vocal in this and the superb harmony by Janice. You guys always sound so good together.

The mix is stellar. This should be played everywhere and on every platform! Pro, pro & pro!

Bob

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello Janice, Floyd and Bud
Excellent in all respects
What a great BiaB band. Absolutely top.
Outstanding vocals and sound
The acoustic guitars sound fantastic
An absolute TOP job by ALL
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd, Janice and Bud...this is another example of how great you all are as writers, composers and artists...what impresses me the most is the ease of the phrasing (nothing out of place or forced)...the lyric is most excellent...the bridge is killer both lyrically and melodically...the harmonies are placed just right...Floyd it's one of your best vocals IMHO...super track and solo to boot...if it "takes a village" then you guys are a village!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Great arrangement, mix, production and way to go, good job on the vocals and harmony.

Some favourite Waoist Adages:
#1: Play on the Way.
#17: Ask not for whom the flower blooms, it blooms for you.
#69: Bring consciousness to it.
#74: On the road to effortlessness, effort must be made.
#105: Be Love Now, the rest will come on its own.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is a small masterpiece. Well done, Floyd, Janice, Bud. The write is strong, Janice's harmonies are perfect - unobtrusive, in the background, yet essential to the magic of the song ... and Floyd's singing is that trademark mix of his, between the stoical and the emotional ... between the stoical acceptance of reality, and the emotional wishing it were somehow different. A collaboration of stars, that hits the stars - hats off to you all.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
For a sour song you've made everything fit together very sweetly. The backing and melody provide a perfect vehicle for the lyrics which, were sung sensitively yet with a certain heartfelt passion. Great job all round.

Brian.

My music may not set the world on fire but if it causes a glow in just one person's heart, it has all been worthwhile smile
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The Marvelous Mrs. Merritt, Floyd and The Best of Bud. Yeah, anywhere, anytime, and I'd be there in the early morning line for tickets. I'm so glad and we're all a bit priviledged to have you provide the best seats in the house, and give the best performance at the touch of a button.

What a wonderful write. The vocals are (as expected) over-the-top good. Love the high notes, floyd. A masterfully told story in the lyrics that would fit in any radio playlist. A pro production all the way. Thanks you, Janice, Bud and floyd.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by rharv
I give it a two thumbs up.
Nice job.

A nice surprise to have you drop by, Bob...Thanks.

Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
Nice one. The tracks are a good fit and the lead guitar parts sound really nice. Good job on the co-write.

Copyright 2015? Old one redone? New tracks? New vocal? Or... first time out of the box?

Thanks, Herb. This has been sitting around for close to 10 years. J&B put one up. I tweaked the mix a little before posting - EQ stuff.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
That melody & the FJ voice were a lovely start and THEN JM's harmony came in - wow - bitter sweet loveliness.
Sad song, sounds it too.
I really enjoyed the entire package.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Really well done.
Lovely ballad.

Vic

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by MarioD
Loved this one.

Very nice of you to say, Mario... thanks! from the Team

Originally Posted by DC Ron
What a nicely composed song, and so crisply arranged and performed. Fabulous vocals, love the way the bridge reaches for the next level and nails it. Super harmonies! GREAT job on the all BiaB band, and the guitar break works very nicely indeed. Fantastic job, "guys"...

Appreciate that, Ron. I thought the bridge wasn't as Big as it needed to be (but this was originally more a "work tape" and I got lazy - so I never addressed that...)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by MarioD
Loved this one.

Originally Posted by DC Ron

Originally Posted by rsdean
Floyd,

I remember this song well. I think Janice also did a version where she sang lead about a year ago. Great songs stay with you...

It's such an awesome production. Love your vocal in this and the superb harmony by Janice. You guys always sound so good together.

The mix is stellar. This should be played everywhere and on every platform! Pro, pro & pro!

Bob

Thanks y'all for mentioning my hamrony!

Janice

You can listen to our catalog on Apple Music or Spotify by searching on Janice Merritt
Our Videos are here on our website
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Beautifully written, the lyrics are just perfect and you and Janice bring it across with all the feelings someone in this situation would have.
Just the way you sing “it cracked” is more than just singing, it's authentic and those 2 words create more images than a whole song.
Really, really, good!
The instrumentation is also excellent, the icing is the B3, which adds a beautiful and emotional new layer that is unfortunately a little forgotten in newer songs.
Kudos to everyone involved [Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd

You and Janice always sound wonderful together. Lovely work, all round.
Stunning vocals and write.
Excellence.

Peter

User Showcase
I
Apprentice
Apprentice
I
My partner walked in as I was playing your song making the comment "That's a nice song , he's got a good voice". I was taken aback because she only ever listens to doof doof music. Oh , did I mention that I love the song?

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,779
Posts749,189
Members38,879
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
thanh tran, Rick0965, Jason Woodland, Dwayno7, Jeff Langr
38,878 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 143