Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
This is really excellent, Brian. Very creative. You have the knack of getting good results from SynthV.

Some favourite Waoist Adages:
#1: Play on the Way.
#17: Ask not for whom the flower blooms, it blooms for you.
#69: Bring consciousness to it.
#74: On the road to effortlessness, effort must be made.
#105: Be Love Now, the rest will come on its own.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, B.D.

Yep, setting poems to music is quite a challenge - especially if you're used to going the other way around.

I took a couple swings at setting poems, but went the "wrong way around". That way, I could justify mangling the lines to make them fit into the pre-existing form.

So I'm doubly impressed, you stayed to the text without taking liberties and did a bang-up job in the process. Lots of variety, cool sounds.

Nicely done! laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice work. Really nice production choices and good tone for the guitars. I'm not familiar with the singer but nice voice although a bit stiff in places.

While it's never gonna be in the top 40 on the radio, it's still a very nice creative song and well done. More creativity in this song than you would hear in an hours worth of listening to the radio.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by BYOBand
Totally enjoyable...and right up my alley lyrically speaking. I loved that "one from the pitiless wave" shift. The mood had a very interesting contrast between dream-like calm and waking angst. Sorry I can't offer much in regards to the production of it...not my area...though Ghostgum wrote seamless and I thought that word fit well.
Thanks BYOBand for listening and your nice comment.
Much appreciated!

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by floyd jane
You Think and Dream.
Therefore, you make Music.
You're quite a philosopher yourself, Floyd.
Love your statement above!

Originally Posted by floyd jane
Good music.
Well thought out music.
Excellent Arrangement & Production.
You'd give Elton a run for his money.
An impressive effort.

fj
I'm glad that you and others also seem to enjoy my, ahem, more adventurous expeditions into non-pop worlds.
Thank you for your nice comment.
Much appreciated!

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Renee only mentioned the first part, cogito ergo sum; the second part is donec essem. I think, therefore I am --until I was. Hey, as long as you think you are, then that is your reality. Once you stop thinking, you aren't. Think about it. smile

What radio plays these days is so different than what it played yesterday, so ya never know. Besides, who listens to the radio anymore? hehe

Your risk with this one pays HUGE rewards, imo. You already KNOW I love this. I think it's fantastic. So well written, and the prodcution is outstaning. Everything pro level.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by MarioD
Everything I would have said has already been said so all I can add is that this is an absolute masterpiece.

I think this is in your comfort zone, you just didn't know it until now.

Loved it
Thanks Mario.
Your comment makes me smile smile

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by firesong
B.D...that was cool!...great conception or dream or what ever inspired this...super track...from ethereal to rock to classical to chamber to rock...really great journey for us...a wonderful "dreamscape"...man that must have been a ton of work...this maybe your genre...whatever it is...read the reviews...we loved it!
Thanks a lot for listening and your really kind words.
The song wasn't actually more work than my “normal” songs, it's probably just a bit more obvious that there's a lot going on.

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by vicarn
Really interesting tune and arrangement (That means I liked it).
Must have taken you a while and a lot of thought.

Well done.

Vic
Thanks, Vic, for listening and your comment.
As I wrote above to firesong, it took about as much time and thought as my regular pop songs.
With the latter, there are a lot of things you only notice when I leave them out, so it's less obvious.

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Congratulation, very ambitious write and the end result is amazing success. A complex pop-rock opera song which kind I have rarely heard. Very inviting intro. Great arrangement with varied instruments, I admire the way you have managed to use organ, piano, acoustic and electric guitars and violins together so that their placement sounds natural and organic.

And the vocals sound convincing in the recognizable BD style, you have made the lyrics your own. Also nice variation in the singing style. I'm sure this will be played on radio, at least on my Spotify Radio smile

I think that by commenting I'm now part of your dream, so in that logic you really exist on one level, be it a dream or not wink

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by rsdean
Brain,

Love this song... It has such a beautiful grand feel. Awesome production and mix.

Really great stuff!

Bob
Thanks Bob [Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]
“Grand” was one of the things I was looking for, and I'm very glad it works that way for you.

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Really good man! Beautiful!!
Thank you, David.
Glad something with more than 4 chords and not in G major works for you too grin

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Whether it is symphonic rock or rock opera, it is very good.

The alternating between soft and pretty to gritty is very effective.

Janice said still gets chill bumps just thinking about Poe’s “The Cask of Amontillado” that she read in high school.

Excellent mix and even more so considering the number of tracks. Wow.
Kudos for both the audio and video production!

BD dreamed big and achieved success.
Enjoyed it,

J&B

You can listen to our catalog on Apple Music or Spotify by searching on Janice Merritt
Our Videos are here on our website
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Excellent!

Love the Dream within a Dream concept.

So many layers in this! Really well done!
Thank you, Dave.
As always, your feedback is much appreciated smile[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by WaoBand
This is really excellent, Brian. Very creative. You have the knack of getting good results from SynthV.
Thanks Wao for listening and your nice feedback.
Mucho appreciated!

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
dcuny #822930 Yesterday at 01:04 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, B.D.

Yep, setting poems to music is quite a challenge - especially if you're used to going the other way around.

I took a couple swings at setting poems, but went the "wrong way around". That way, I could justify mangling the lines to make them fit into the pre-existing form.

So I'm doubly impressed, you stayed to the text without taking liberties and did a bang-up job in the process. Lots of variety, cool sounds.

Nicely done! laugh

Thank you, David.
I didn't know what I was getting myself into, but it was a good learning experience.
And the fact that I don't really know what I'm doing has never stopped me smile

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
Nice work. Really nice production choices and good tone for the guitars. I'm not familiar with the singer but nice voice although a bit stiff in places.

While it's never gonna be in the top 40 on the radio, it's still a very nice creative song and well done. More creativity in this song than you would hear in an hours worth of listening to the radio.
Thanks, Herb, for your really encouraging comment [Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]
The next beer's on me!

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Renee only mentioned the first part, cogito ergo sum; the second part is donec essem. I think, therefore I am --until I was. Hey, as long as you think you are, then that is your reality. Once you stop thinking, you aren't. Think about it. smile

What radio plays these days is so different than what it played yesterday, so ya never know. Besides, who listens to the radio anymore? hehe

Your risk with this one pays HUGE rewards, imo. You already KNOW I love this. I think it's fantastic. So well written, and the prodcution is outstaning. Everything pro level.
Thank you Marty for listening again.
You have no idea how much your feedback and encouragement helps me to release new songs without worrying too much about what others might say or think.
Double thanks for that!

Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,758
Posts748,870
Members38,873
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
burny7777, Sarah, annaclara58427, ELDebansky, Chief O’ Stuff
38,873 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 160