Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Lovely song, just a wonderful write. And of course the vocals are spot on, always enjoy hearing you and Janice sing together.

Excellent!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by rsdean
Floyd,

I remember this song well. I think Janice also did a version where she sang lead about a year ago. Great songs stay with you...

It's such an awesome production. Love your vocal in this and the superb harmony by Janice. You guys always sound so good together.

The mix is stellar. This should be played everywhere and on every platform! Pro, pro & pro!

Bob

Very much appreciated, Bob...

Originally Posted by PROJECT M
Hello Janice, Floyd and Bud
Excellent in all respects
What a great BiaB band. Absolutely top.
Outstanding vocals and sound
The acoustic guitars sound fantastic
An absolute TOP job by ALL
Andi ;-)
Thanks, Andi!!!

Originally Posted by firesong
Floyd, Janice and Bud...this is another example of how great you all are as writers, composers and artists...what impresses me the most is the ease of the phrasing (nothing out of place or forced)...the lyric is most excellent...the bridge is killer both lyrically and melodically...the harmonies are placed just right...Floyd it's one of your best vocals IMHO...super track and solo to boot...if it "takes a village" then you guys are a village!

The village appreciates the nice comments, Dan... smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Really nice write and production y'all. The drums have a solid feel, and are very warm. A fine, fine ballad.

Good instrument choices and vocals by all.

Really liked it.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, floyd jane.

Yeah, I remember this one. The lyrics and delivery have the same gut punch now as they did then.

Top shelf work by everyone involved.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
Nice one. The tracks are a good fit and the lead guitar parts sound really nice. Good job on the co-write.

Copyright 2015? Old one redone? New tracks? New vocal? Or... first time out of the box?

Originally Posted by WaoBand
Great arrangement, mix, production and way to go, good job on the vocals and harmony.

Originally Posted by PROJECT M
Hello Janice, Floyd and Bud
Excellent in all respects
What a great BiaB band. Absolutely top.
Outstanding vocals and sound
The acoustic guitars sound fantastic
An absolute TOP job by ALL
Andy ;-)

Thanks guys!

J&B

Originally Posted by firesong
Floyd, Janice and Bud...this is another example of how great you all are as writers, composers and artists...what impresses me the most is the ease of the phrasing (nothing out of place or forced)...the lyric is most excellent...the bridge is killer both lyrically and melodically...the harmonies are placed just right...Floyd it's one of your best vocals IMHO...super track and solo to boot...if it "takes a village" then you guys are a village!

Thanks! Working with floyd over the last 12 years has always been both a pleasure and a learning experience.

J&B

You can listen to our catalog on Apple Music or Spotify by searching on Janice Merritt
Our Videos are here on our website
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by WaoBand
Great arrangement, mix, production and way to go, good job on the vocals and harmony.
Thanks, Chay...

Originally Posted by musician17
This is a small masterpiece. Well done, Floyd, Janice, Bud. The write is strong, Janice's harmonies are perfect - unobtrusive, in the background, yet essential to the magic of the song ... and Floyd's singing is that trademark mix of his, between the stoical and the emotional ... between the stoical acceptance of reality, and the emotional wishing it were somehow different. A collaboration of stars, that hits the stars - hats off to you all.

We much appreciate that, James...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Ghostgum
For a sour song you've made everything fit together very sweetly. The backing and melody provide a perfect vehicle for the lyrics which, were sung sensitively yet with a certain heartfelt passion. Great job all round.

Brian.

Thanks for stopping by, Brian.

Originally Posted by BabuMusic
The Marvelous Mrs. Merritt, Floyd and The Best of Bud. Yeah, anywhere, anytime, and I'd be there in the early morning line for tickets. I'm so glad and we're all a bit priviledged to have you provide the best seats in the house, and give the best performance at the touch of a button.

What a wonderful write. The vocals are (as expected) over-the-top good. Love the high notes, floyd. A masterfully told story in the lyrics that would fit in any radio playlist. A pro production all the way. Thanks you, Janice, Bud and floyd.

We are fortunate to have appreciative listens. We appreciate you!

Originally Posted by rayc
That melody & the FJ voice were a lovely start and THEN JM's harmony came in - wow - bitter sweet loveliness.
Sad song, sounds it too.
I really enjoyed the entire package.

Thanks, ray....

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by rharv
I give it a two thumbs up.
Nice job.
Thanks!
J&B

Originally Posted by musician17
This is a small masterpiece. Well done, Floyd, Janice, Bud. The write is strong, Janice's harmonies are perfect - unobtrusive, in the background, yet essential to the magic of the song ... and Floyd's singing is that trademark mix of his, between the stoical and the emotional ... between the stoical acceptance of reality, and the emotional wishing it were somehow different. A collaboration of stars, that hits the stars - hats off to you all.

Thank you the eloquent and thoughtful
review!

J&B

Originally Posted by Ghostgum
For a sour song you've made everything fit together very sweetly. The backing and melody provide a perfect vehicle for the lyrics which, were sung sensitively yet with a certain heartfelt passion. Great job all round.

Brian.

Thanks!

J&B

Originally Posted by BabuMusic
The Marvelous Mrs. Merritt, Floyd and The Best of Bud. Yeah, anywhere, anytime, and I'd be there in the early morning line for tickets. I'm so glad and we're all a bit priviledged to have you provide the best seats in the house, and give the best performance at the touch of a button.

What a wonderful write. The vocals are (as expected) over-the-top good. Love the high notes, floyd. A masterfully told story in the lyrics that would fit in any radio playlist. A pro production all the way. Thanks you, Janice, Bud and floyd.

That is very kind of you Marty and we much appreciated it!

J&B

You can listen to our catalog on Apple Music or Spotify by searching on Janice Merritt
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Classic sounding fj song with a strong melody and a bitter story, I like the irony in "way to go, good job". Excellent tight arrangement and mix. The solo guitar and the guitar to make thicker 2nd chorus work very well. And the vocals are very emotional, especially the bridge sounds powerful, almost too powerful to make the line "to hold myself together" convincing. Glad to hear also Janice's voice.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
C
Journeyman
Journeyman
C
TOP MARKS all round Floyd & co - amazing how so many on the forum are 'flying' with their songwriting, recording, mixing & mastering!
Very well done folks, hats off to you!!

Carl

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I don't know which one of you wrote the opening lines, but its a doozy. Vocal, harmony, and instrumentation sell this excellent song.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by rayc
That melody & the FJ voice were a lovely start and THEN JM's harmony came in - wow - bitter sweet loveliness.
Sad song, sounds it too.
I really enjoyed the entire package.

Thank you Ray! Glad you liked it all the mention of Janice's harmony is appreciated.

J&B

Originally Posted by vicarn
Really well done.
Lovely ballad.

Vic

Thanks Vic,

J&B

Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Beautifully written, the lyrics are just perfect and you and Janice bring it across with all the feelings someone in this situation would have.
Just the way you sing “it cracked” is more than just singing, it's authentic and those 2 words create more images than a whole song.
Really, really, good!
The instrumentation is also excellent, the icing is the B3, which adds a beautiful and emotional new layer that is unfortunately a little forgotten in newer songs.
Kudos to everyone involved [Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

That is a fine review and we are happy to have participated in this production.
We do appreciate your comments!

J&B

Originally Posted by PeterF
floyd

You and Janice always sound wonderful together. Lovely work, all round.
Stunning vocals and write.
Excellence.

Peter

Thanks partner. Joining in with mr jane is always fun!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Izzy
My partner walked in as I was playing your song making the comment "That's a nice song , he's got a good voice". I was taken aback because she only ever listens to doof doof music. Oh , did I mention that I love the song?

Thanks! Glad you both liked it. 😀

J&B

Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Lovely song, just a wonderful write. And of course the vocals are spot on, always enjoy hearing you and Janice sing together.

Excellent!

Thanks Dave! Glad you liked it.

J&B

Originally Posted by David Snyder
Really nice write and production y'all. The drums have a solid feel, and are very warm. A fine, fine ballad.

Really liked it.

Thanks!

J&B

Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, floyd jane.

Yeah, I remember this one. The lyrics and delivery have the same gut punch now as they did then.

Thank you!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by vicarn
Really well done.
Lovely ballad.

Vic

Thanks, Vic.

Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Beautifully written, the lyrics are just perfect and you and Janice bring it across with all the feelings someone in this situation would have.
Just the way you sing “it cracked” is more than just singing, it's authentic and those 2 words create more images than a whole song.
Really, really, good!
The instrumentation is also excellent, the icing is the B3, which adds a beautiful and emotional new layer that is unfortunately a little forgotten in newer songs.
Kudos to everyone involved [Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

Thanks, BD. We appreciate that...

Originally Posted by PeterF
floyd

You and Janice always sound wonderful together. Lovely work, all round.
Stunning vocals and write.
Excellence.

Peter

Much appreciated, Peter...

Originally Posted by Izzy
My partner walked in as I was playing your song making the comment "That's a nice song , he's got a good voice". I was taken aback because she only ever listens to doof doof music. Oh , did I mention that I love the song?

Thanks, Izzy (and to your partner, as well...)

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude

Excellent!

We appreciate that, Dave...

Originally Posted by David Snyder

Really liked it.

Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, floyd jane.

smile

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Sad break up country song ... works on every level: Lyrics are clever, vocals are authentic, backing tracks are in the Goldilocks zone, production 100%.

Elliott Kayne
elliottkayne@gmail.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic
https://www.facebook.com/ekayne

Health, Wealth, Family, Faith, Friends, and Fun

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by jannesan
Classic sounding fj song with a strong melody and a bitter story, I like the irony in "way to go, good job". Excellent tight arrangement and mix. The solo guitar and the guitar to make thicker 2nd chorus work very well. And the vocals are very emotional, especially the bridge sounds powerful, almost too powerful to make the line "to hold myself together" convincing. Glad to hear also Janice's voice.

Janne

Thanks for stopping by, Janne...

Originally Posted by camog
TOP MARKS all round Floyd & co - amazing how so many on the forum are 'flying' with their songwriting, recording, mixing & mastering!

Carl
We appreiate that, Carl...

Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
I don't know which one of you wrote the opening lines, but its a doozy. Vocal, harmony, and instrumentation sell this excellent song.

Thanks, Scott. Those opening lines came from the pen of Mr. Merritt....

Originally Posted by Elliott Kayne
Sad break up country song ... works on every level: Lyrics are clever, vocals are authentic, backing tracks are in the Goldilocks zone, production 100%.

Thanks, Elliott....

Special thanks to Bud for inviting me to the party and to Janice for really getting it going - always the life of the party...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by jannesan

Janne

Originally Posted by camog

Carl

Thanks y'all!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm

Originally Posted by Elliott Kayne

Thanks guys.

Bud says: "It's like cheating. I come up with a decent hook and a few decent lines and floyd turns it into a song.
It's happened a number of times and I remain delighted to have my name on them with mr jane!

J&B

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,758
Posts748,870
Members38,873
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
burny7777, Sarah, annaclara58427, ELDebansky, Chief O’ Stuff
38,873 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 160