Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Ronnie Fields
I don't drink (anymore), but my kids ask me what it was like before dirt!! I love the song especially with the harmonica coming in there!! and what a modulation!!

Thanks Ronnie for your kind words smile Glad you liked the "double-modulation", I have always wanted to do that and here was a good excuse smile

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Man this is so good!

I love this tune!!

Thanks David for your positive comment smile Not nearly as good as your "Whiskey town", of course.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Al-David
Hi Janne,

This is s really cool song! Terrific backing tracks. nI think this is 5the first time I've heard Asterian sing a register this low. But he (it) sounds great I listened to it yesterday (and just now), but I didn't have the time to leave a comment here on the forum.

I like this a lot - interesting and good lyric. I particularly enjoyed the key modulation. Good work!

Alan

Thanks Alan, I appreciate your kind feedback smile Glad you liked the song and also mentioning the modulation!

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool lyric theme (love that you let the lyric age for a year).😊

Excellent band and the harmmonica works well.
Good synths and the modulations are very effective.

Good cover art too.

It's hard to go wrong with a good aged bourbon whiskey!

A fun listen indeed,

J&B

You can listen to our catalog on Apple Music or Spotify by searching on Janice Merritt
Our Videos are here on our website
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Cool title, great lyrics, nice use of backing tracks. A Whiskey country song. SynthV is a great tool. Not wild about Asterian's voice ... he sounds too theatrical for my tastes, I bought him also, but yet to find a song of mine he works with. I could hear Willie Nelson doing your song.

Elliott Kayne
elliottkayne@gmail.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic
https://www.facebook.com/ekayne

Health, Wealth, Family, Faith, Friends, and Fun

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janne,

A very interesting write. Original phrases throughout.
Very cool sounding BAND. Quite original.
You are an original.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Funnily enough, your singer sounds slightly drunk.
However you did it, it's perfect for the song.

FYI: Older whiskey burns less(!) because it becomes smoother with age and loses much of its character.
But it's better for your song the way you wrote it smile

Thanks BD for your pleasant feedback smile Sounding drunk was not intended, but you know what happens when a country singer opens a bottle wink

And thanks for the information about older whiskey, I wasn't fully aware of that. But it is the other way round for humans (well at least for me heheh), when they age, sweet (dreams) evaporates and thus bitterness increases laugh So, after some age, the quantities of those characteristics switch places.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
WHAT?!? Where'd you get that whiskey? Oh, maybe you wrote this when you were 13. Hey, what do I know? Beer and wine. Being part of the Susquehannock tribe, I was brought up afraid of fire water. But what I DO know, is a well-crafted song, and this one shines in that category, Janne. Very cool harmony. At first I was thinking Asterian was too good 'o singer to do this, but as the song progressed with harmony and a key-modulation I came around to hearing him as another of your perfect choices. Man, that harmonica steals the show --or at least my ears-- and I love being the victim of its theft. Being scared of fire water didn't stop me from writing one called "Someone Said Whiskey" just to prove, as you said, I am a serious songwriter unafraid of any subject.

Thanks Marty for you fun and heartwarming (even without fire water) comment smile While listening to your "Someone Said Whiskey", I can say exactly like you, I'm not a whiskey expert laugh Glad you finally found Asterian to be a perfect choice.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hi Janne,

I had to laugh when reading the remarks of Brain; your singer sounded a bit drunk...
Well, that's not my impression of this song and singer. He sounds sober...
I wanted to add that I am older than my rum, but won't do that, because that is not a good idea; then you (i.e. I) look like an old alcoholic and that is not the case, of course.

It's a very beautiful song. I love the duet with Nathalie and the other guy. Really nice!
The thing I even like more is how you came to this song! A very original angle.

Really enjoyed it, Janne,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by musician17
BRAVO.

How did you get Asterian to sing like that? Superbly written lyrics, with a serious, reflective message as well as humour. Superb musical writing, too. Loved it all!

Now, I must buy myself Asterian ... smile

Well done.

Thank you very much for your heartwarming and insightful comment smile Hope to hear more Asterian songs from you smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Very clever write as per usual, Janne!

Love the harmonica intro, the solo also. Entire band sounds great actually. Vocals sound perfect!

Nice modulation!

Good one, enjoyed.

Thanks Dave for your positive review smile Glad you liked the harmonica and spotted the modulation.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
First of all, love that title. Clever and it got my attention. Good job putting together a band to fit the song. Chorus works well.

Thanks, I appreciate your kind review smile I had an intention to write a whiskey song, because I had heard several songs on this forum, so when the title came to my mind, I knew that was it - glad you loved it too!

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Janne.

Nice melody - Asterian sounds good here. Clever write, although I don't know anything about whiskey at all. wink

Fun modulation!

As requested, enjoyment was had. smile

Thanks David for your kind review, glad you enjoyed the melody and modulation smile I don't know anything about whiskey either, but it doesn't stop me from writing about it. Now waiting for your whiskey song wink

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janne,

I think the choice of vocalist is great.
It suits the song very well.
I think it's a fun pop song with a country song feel.
There are some chord progressions that you don't usually find in country songs, but that's what adds spice to the song.
I love whiskey, so listening to this song suddenly made me want to drink some.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Cool lyric theme (love that you let the lyric age for a year).😊

Excellent band and the harmmonica works well.
Good synths and the modulations are very effective.

Good cover art too.

It's hard to go wrong with a good aged bourbon whiskey!

A fun listen indeed,

J&B

Thanks J&B for your wonderful review smile Glad to hear that the lyric aging was successful wink And thanks for mentioning the cover art, although made with AI it is great that there are such tools to bring your full vision to reality, I could have never made this kind of picture myself.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Elliott Kayne
Cool title, great lyrics, nice use of backing tracks. A Whiskey country song. SynthV is a great tool. Not wild about Asterian's voice ... he sounds too theatrical for my tastes, I bought him also, but yet to find a song of mine he works with. I could hear Willie Nelson doing your song.

Thanks Elliott for your pleasant review smile Yes, in my wildest dreams some well known would record this song laugh I hope you manage to write a theatrical song to have use for Asterian wink

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Janne,

A very interesting write. Original phrases throughout.
Very cool sounding BAND. Quite original.
You are an original.

fj

Thanks fj for your kind review smile I'm very glad to be an original blush

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Birchwood
I had to laugh when reading the remarks of Brain; your singer sounded a bit drunk...
Well, that's not my impression of this song and singer. He sounds sober...
I wanted to add that I am older than my rum, but won't do that, because that is not a good idea; then you (i.e. I) look like an old alcoholic and that is not the case, of course.

It's a very beautiful song. I love the duet with Nathalie and the other guy. Really nice!
The thing I even like more is how you came to this song! A very original angle.

Really enjoyed it, Janne,
Hans

Thanks Hans for your nice comment smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by animarorecords
I think the choice of vocalist is great.
It suits the song very well.
I think it's a fun pop song with a country song feel.
There are some chord progressions that you don't usually find in country songs, but that's what adds spice to the song.
I love whiskey, so listening to this song suddenly made me want to drink some.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks Shigeki Adachi for your heartwarming review smile Yes, country songs would be more interesting and have more spice if they had my chords wink Glad you enjoyed my song and hopefully your whiskey also, although my original intention was not to make you want to drink it smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,893
Posts750,705
Members38,933
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
dimsha, jonmoi, Paolino27, tikatika, Hack Buster Recove
38,933 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
DC Ron 122