Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
I had my RealTracks and Real Drums on a separate hard drive than the program. That drive died and I bought a new one. I copied the RT/RD files from the USB drive that my BIAB 2024 Ultra came on.

But I bought it in Dec. 2023, so there have probably been updates to the RT and RD since then. How do I get those updates? I looked around in the BIAB interface and didn't see a place to do it.

Thanks.

Veteran
Veteran
Best course of action would be to call or chat online with PG Music Support (see the tab above).

In general, though, to my knowledge it has always been the case that the updates are cumulative. If you get build 1113, you should be up to date with not only the BIAB program but also any updates to RealTracks and RealDrums.

It would help if you identify which level package you have - pro, ultrapak etc.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
Best course of action would be to call or chat online with PG Music Support (see the tab above).

It would help if you identify which level package you have - pro, ultrapak etc.

I have UltraPak 2024. I was just hoping to avoid downloading all the current files, of which there are a lot, and just get updates for the RT and RD that have occurred since Dec. 2023.

Last edited by dalemccl; 09/06/24 05:23 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
If I remember correctly, If you log in to your account, you should see the link associated with update you purchased From 2023 To 2024 Ultra under My Products. Paste that link in the BIAB Install Manager and it will give you a choice of what packages to download / install. Just choose the newer ones.

I believe as far as fixes go, Matt is right on cumulative update/fixes. Just install last BIAB patch available on top of this forum section after installing RT/RD and other content packages from Install Manager.

D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Thanks Matt and Rustyspoon. I ran Install Manager and pasted the link from my account. It lists ALL the files and doesn't show a date for them, so I can't tell which ones are newer. I guess I could download all of them and install them all. Just would have to download about 160 GB. I was just hoping that the program itself could determine which RT/RD need updates and apply them.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi - all of the Drums and RealTracks updates that there have been for version 2024 UltraPAK (since Dec. 2023) are included in the 2024 (build 1113) patch - that should be all that you need to install.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Veteran
Veteran
Andrew,
I think OP is referring to the new content from 2023>2024 that was added, so he doesn't download everything from the beginning of time.

dalemccl, my 2024 link shows about 15gb total in about 10 packages that include demos.
In my Install manager, on the top, there is a "check box" that says: "Only install files new in 2024 (i.e. upgrade from 2023 UltraPAK)" Do you see that?

Or maybe I am wrong and OP just wants the fixes of RTs/RDs... not the 2024 content.

Last edited by Rustyspoon#; 09/06/24 07:37 PM.
D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
Andrew,
I think OP is referring to the new content from 2023>2024 that was added, so he doesn't download everything from the beginning of time.

dalemccl, my 2024 link shows about 15gb total in about 10 packages that include demos.
In my Install manager, on the top, there is a "check box" that says: "Only install files new in 2024 (i.e. upgrade from 2023 UltraPAK)" Do you see that?

Or maybe I am wrong and OP just wants the fixes of RTs/RDs... not the 2024 content.

UPDATE: I went ahead and let Install Manager install everything, all 160 GB. So I am up-to-date.

But it is still unclear to me how I can get future updates without installing everything again. I know I can install new BIAB builds as they come out (from the file at the top of the Install Manager list), but I am not sure if that installs all available updates, including new or updated RT/RD, or if that just updates the base program.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your help gentlemen.

I want any new RT/RD and any RT/RD updates since the Dec. 2023 files that were on the USB hard drive that the UltraPak came on. Well, any updates actually, such as soloist or melody files.

In my Install Manager, I see files for everything in the UltraPak, including all 448 Real Track sets (split into multiple ~1GB files.) The total size is 159.38 GB. I also see the build 1113 file which is 1.41 GB. I installed that because my BIAB build was older. I saw that it added a few real tracks and real drums. So maybe those are the new ones since Dec. 2023? Or maybe just the new ones since that last build?

But if there have been updates to the original RT/RD files from Dec. 2023, I am not sure how to get them. Unless the few RT/RD that the build 1113 file installed were all the updates that have occurred.

Thanks again for your help. Obviously I am a bit confused at this point.

Last edited by dalemccl; 09/07/24 04:16 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
I have this option in my Install manager:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Installing this ^ and updating to last BIAB patch (1113) should get you where you want to be.

D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
Thanks, I saw that but didn't check-mark it because it says "i.e. upgrade from 2023 UltraPak". I upgraded to 2024 UltraPak from a several years old UltraPak, so wasn't sure if it is only for those who had upgraded from the 2023 UltraPak to the 2024 UltraPak.

I think you are saying that to get future updates to the 2024 Ultra Pack (if there are any), I can periodically run Install Manager, check-mark that line, and it will only install files that are new or changed in 2024. Is that right?

Thanks for you continuing help and patience.

Last edited by dalemccl; 09/07/24 09:00 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by dalemccl
...I upgraded to 2024 UltraPak from a several years old UltraPak...
New information. OK. What results do you get when you run the Help, What Add-ons Do I Have utility?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by dalemccl
...That drive died ...
I didn't forget about this statement, either. What I do, which may be overkill but hey, is to save every EXE install file I download from PG Music. No matter what, I know I can always recover by running those. The installers are smart; they check time stamps and if there is little or nothing to update, they don't overwrite unnecessarily.

D
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
D
>>New information. OK. What results do you get when you run the Help, What Add-ons Do I Have utility?<<

Matt, it shows 448 Real Tracks sets and 29 Real Drums sets, plus the other items in the UltraPak. It doesn't tell me if they are the latest version, although I know they are since I used Install Manager yesterday to install everything; all ~160 GB. I'm just not sure how I would know about and get future updates to RT/RD, if any.

I must be making this too complicated since every BIAB user needs to get updates, including new or updated RT/RD. I imagine PG Music made it more automatic than I realize.

Last edited by dalemccl; 09/08/24 05:47 PM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,770
Posts749,019
Members38,872
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
mariabooth48, Karim Buzdar, nykiaspradley5@gma, stephanieadlam, danielito
38,875 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 141