Page 1 of 2 1 2
#823443 09/19/24 04:08 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Truth In The Proof on Soundcloud
Truth In The Proof on YouTube

Okay, from the Li'l Lies O' Jayne to the Truth... But I'd remain skeptical. A song about bringing back our abilities to detect deception is not likely a prediction.

Key=F , Tempo 98, Length (m:s)=3:42
Style is _STACK2.STY (Stack Memphis Blues)

RealTracks in song: 3991:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm RumbaBluesKevin Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 4071:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm MemphisSlowBluesPat Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 3985:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RumbaBluesPat 120
RealTracks in song: 4172:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm LatinRock Ev 125
RealDrums in style:BluesBBEven8^01-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
Bill Davis (AKA zydecoal) added the pedal steel, and I added bass & vocals.

Truth Is In The Proof

When you say it like that I cannot detect the truth in what you say.
You're talking out your back and I don't understand.
Veracity you hide away.
There is something in the satifying way you come across
that seems rather sus.
Oh, how can we believe you're such a giving soul who's looking out for us.

Well, the Truth is in the proof they say. We rely on that forsooth.
And all that anybody really knows is belief, but the truth is in the proof.

Everybody seems to think they've got to hide
the truth in how they really feel.
Afraid of how their words can eas'ly be construed
to something they'd rather not reveal.
They're all picking up their leads from those who wield abuse,
from those who cloud the way.
Oh, how can they believe there is truth in what they're told?
In what the selfish say?

You can always tell the truth in lies
when you hear what wasn't said.
When someone tells you lies you can read between the lines
and know the truth instead.
You just look into their eyes and watch their body writhe.
The truth you'll find inside.
Oh, how can they believe they will not be understood.
We'll all know that they lied. Cuz

[We hear their lies and wish it's the truth. They can't disguise the proof.]

I-- Gm Gm F C
V-- (Gm Gm F F)2 Am Am Bb Bb Gm Gm C C.
CH-- F F Gm Gm C7 C7 F C..
SOLO-- Dm7 Dm7 Gm Gm Gm Gm C C

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hi Marty,

I heard your song on YouTube, and now on SoundCloud, and I still enjoy it. Ain't that remarkable?
No, I really like it. The singing, the harmonies, the rhythm, well... just everything!
I was only thinking again about the title, and the lyrics.
To me it seems the lie sneeked in on the proof more and more. What can you believe now? The proof?

But this goes far beyond your song, I think, so I stay with what I said in the second line!
I enjoy everything in it, even that steel guitar...

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A laid-back Latin rhythm - good dictator music!
Speaking Truth To Out-Of-Power (can we keep it that way? let's hope)
Keep it up!

Cool tracks. A thoughtful write. Well sung.
Solid production and mix.

Bill did a terrific job on Steel
And that gorgeous buttery bass!!!

Smooooooth.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty,

Excellent song! Great writing.

Love the material you are producing these days. This has that great moody sound and feel.

Awesome vocal, production and mix!

Bob

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Another Marty classic. Great song all around with lovely pedal steel. When it comes to government and the MSM deception abounds!

Some favourite Waoist Adages:
#1: Play on the Way.
#17: Ask not for whom the flower blooms, it blooms for you.
#69: Bring consciousness to it.
#74: On the road to effortlessness, effort must be made.
#105: Be Love Now, the rest will come on its own.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Marty.

Clever write, musical and well put together.

Love the mash up at the end.

Nice work! laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hullo Marty.
There's a lot of writing going on here.
I like the in depth lyric but my only nit here is the line ending in "sus".
Maybe "leaves me a little nonplussed" might be slicker. Not sure. Call me picky.
Your vocal could be brought up a tad in my ears.

Vic

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Marty,
Guess we're in the mutual admiration society. Loved the message. Really liked your voice and that ending was great ear-candy. I don't mind "sus" but I'm curious what Vic's suggestion would sound like there.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Really well written and arranged with a tasteful selection of instruments.
LOVE your vocals and the way you sing them, and man, those harmonies are REALLY good!
My new favorite song of yours!

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Marty, fabulously wry tune. GREAT vocals and harmonies! Had to check the credits quickly to see what RT you used for that steel...doh! HUMANS again! The steel and the bass are really nice, and the rest of the band is right in place. That's one wild ending, hopefully our world theater will resolve a bit tidier. But I doubt it. Nice one!!!

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Marty,

I heard your song on YouTube, and now on SoundCloud, and I still enjoy it. Ain't that remarkable?
No, I really like it. The singing, the harmonies, the rhythm, well... just everything!
I was only thinking again about the title, and the lyrics.
To me it seems the lie sneeked in on the proof more and more. What can you believe now? The proof?

But this goes far beyond your song, I think, so I stay with what I said in the second line!
I enjoy everything in it, even that steel guitar...

Hans
Hello Hans! Haha. 2 for 2. I'll take it. You're right, what we accept as proof is just as crucial as what we believe is truth.

Originally Posted by floyd jane
A laid-back Latin rhythm - good dictator music!
Speaking Truth To Out-Of-Power (can we keep it that way? let's hope)
Keep it up!

Cool tracks. A thoughtful write. Well sung.
Solid production and mix.

Bill did a terrific job on Steel
And that gorgeous buttery bass!!!

Smooooooth.

fj
Thanks, floyd. Bill will be as thrilled as I am with your comment. "Good dictator music." Probably in many places I could be arrested and killed for writing this one. Truth. But I wouldn't want to go looking for the proof for that theory. smile

Originally Posted by rsdean
Marty,

Excellent song! Great writing.

Love the material you are producing these days. This has that great moody sound and feel.

Awesome vocal, production and mix!

Bob
Thanks, Bob. Last one was about lies, and this one's about truth. The next one is about what would happen if we don't let the truth conquer the lies. I'm really happy you like these.

Originally Posted by WaoBand
Another Marty classic. Great song all around with lovely pedal steel. When it comes to government and the MSM deception abounds!
Thanks, Chay. Unfortunately I know so little about this stuff, I have no idea what MSM means. When I looked it up most results showed some kind of vitamin supplement. You're right though. Politicians wouldn't win if all they told was the truth.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Marty.

Clever write, musical and well put together.

Love the mash up at the end.

Nice work! laugh
Thanks for mentioning the mashup, David. I think the idea there is finding the truth in the song through all the clutter. wink

Originally Posted by vicarn
Hullo Marty.
There's a lot of writing going on here.
I like the in depth lyric but my only nit here is the line ending in "sus".
Maybe "leaves me a little nonplussed" might be slicker. Not sure. Call me picky.
Your vocal could be brought up a tad in my ears.

Vic
Thanks for the suggestion, Vic. You would be a lot of fun to write with. I originally had something with nonplussed, but our granddaughter Charley tacitly suggested sus. She may not be as good of a collaborator, but she does hold more weight in the final. hehe For me my vocals have way too many cringe moments to stand out front.

Originally Posted by BYOBand
Hi Marty,
Guess we're in the mutual admiration society. Loved the message. Really liked your voice and that ending was great ear-candy. I don't mind "sus" but I'm curious what Vic's suggestion would sound like there.

Thanks, Beth. Glad I got the message through in that ending. It was tricky getting the two different melody lines to mesh, and I know it could be done better in more capapble hands. Truth. Note my reply to Vic above. That sus line originally ended with "...and I'm left nonplussed" to fit the same syllables.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
"The truth is in the proof." Ain't that the truth?

Really good vocals that shine extra bright in the chorus. Your bass provided a steady, unobtrusive but essential element to the track while the pedal steel added a layer of atmosphere that took it to another dimension. Worth another listen.

My music may not set the world on fire but if it causes a glow in just one person's heart, it has all been worthwhile smile
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Really well written and arranged with a tasteful selection of instruments.
LOVE your vocals and the way you sing them, and man, those harmonies are REALLY good!
My new favorite song of yours!
Thanks, Brain. I hope currently I'm writing your new fav. wink

Originally Posted by DC Ron
Marty, fabulously wry tune. GREAT vocals and harmonies! Had to check the credits quickly to see what RT you used for that steel...doh! HUMANS again! The steel and the bass are really nice, and the rest of the band is right in place. That's one wild ending, hopefully our world theater will resolve a bit tidier. But I doubt it. Nice one!!!
Thank you, Ron. Yeah, Bill, is a multi-instrumenalist and his pedal steel is in a big demand around here. Of course he goes with it. Actually, if the world theater resolves the issue as the song does... well, it ends with the smoke clearing and the proof standing alone. You're right. Still, unlikely.

Originally Posted by Ghostgum
"The truth is in the proof." Ain't that the truth?

Really good vocals that shine extra bright in the chorus. Your bass provided a steady, unobtrusive but essential element to the track while the pedal steel added a layer of atmosphere that took it to another dimension. Worth another listen.
Thanks, Brian. Keepin' the truth in the music. smile

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
L
Journeyman
Journeyman
L
Another great synergy between the message, the music and the images. Well done Marty
Laurent

User Showcase
I
Apprentice
Apprentice
I
Love this Marty. One of your best. It is evident that you put a lot of work into this and the results are worth every every drop of sweat.
Your voice is perfect for this genre of social commentary and observation. Nice catchy chorus. Fantastic, Well done!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Interesting and quite philosophical lyrics prove your talent with words and your depth as a thinker.
Lovely melody with bit of melancholy, but still the message stands tall. Well, I'm not going to lie, the chorus is really catchy smile
Pleasant arrangement and mix. The pedal steel is strong as steel and the bassline tells the final truth.
Great vocals, those harmonies sound really nice.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
I like this very much, the lyrics are meaningful, and the chord progression is clever, the way it goes from a minor mode to a major in the chorus. NICE!!

Elliott Kayne
elliottkayne@gmail.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic
https://www.facebook.com/ekayne

Health, Wealth, Family, Faith, Friends, and Fun

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I love the way you start the 2nd verse: clever & effective.
Yeah, excellent mix: you sit your bass & vocal amongst the band as if they were members from the beginning.
The counter melody section is an ACE and a full hand.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Apprentice
Online Content
Apprentice
Great song, i have always liked your singing voice and this has also nice melody which is everytime plus for my ear…

Jona

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,893
Posts750,705
Members38,933
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
dimsha, jonmoi, Paolino27, tikatika, Hack Buster Recove
38,933 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
DC Ron 122