Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
...for 2 weeks, I think? At Audio Plugin Deals...

https://audioplugin.deals/product/brandenburg-piano-by-ik-multimedia/

Haven't tried them, so I cannot attest to the sound quality.
8 years old. 1G.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks.

EDIT: tried to download. This is a third-party site and the 'purchase' does not show up in the normal IK Multimedia account. I'm not sure I will proceed.

Trivia but not about this piano: the name Brandenburg is special to trumpet players. Playing Bach’s Brandenburg Concertos is extraordinarily difficult. There are a few piccolo trumpet players who specialize in doing only this (it’s that difficult). I tried it once; not going to happen.😎

Last edited by Matt Finley; 09/21/24 10:42 AM.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
EDIT: tried to download. This is a third-party site and the 'purchase' does not show up in the normal IK Multimedia account. I'm not sure I will proceed.

Matt, when I "purchased" I immediately received an IKM serial number and instructions to open the IKM Product Manager to install. Tried that and it worked. Haven't listened to the sounds, but seems legit so far.

UPDATE: Loaded the sounds and they play fine in Sample Tank 3. Nice sounding piano, will have to play with it...

Last edited by DC Ron; 09/21/24 03:22 PM.

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks. I think my problem is that I already have an account with IK Multimedia for several other things, but this purchase didn't give me a way to connect them. I went back and saw that there is a caution that this download will not appear on my IKM account and it says to create a new account, but the details are fuzzy.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Matt, I bought an IKM Studio Max version a few years back and the Brandenburg piano loaded under my existing account into my IKM Product Manager and appears alongside the rest of my Studio Max purchases. It's now just another selection under Sample Tank 3. So definitely connected. Frankly, I have WAY more sounds than I'll ever need, but free is free...

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
Presonus Faderport 16
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I got the serial right away, registered, installed - "correctly" according to IKM app.
The Brandenburg is still grayed-out and tells me it needs to be authorized and sends me to the app. I've re-registered and re-installed - no love.

I downloaded the sounds, unpacked, ran the installer. No change.

I copied the unpacked items to what I believe would be the appropriate ST3 folders. No love.

If anyone has any clues, I'd appreciate hearing 'em...

Off-Topic
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Floyd, hmmm. When I ran the "Sounds Download" from my IKM "My Products" page , the default directory was my ST3 directory. I selected it, and that worked for me.

I do dislike these convoluted Product Mangers that require you to go outside the Product Manager to actually manage your product. Doh!

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
Presonus Faderport 16
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Ron, remember that when you bought this piano, it would have been through IK Multimedia. This free offer is not.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Ron, remember that when you bought this piano, it would have been through IK Multimedia. This free offer is not.

APD simply provides a serial number. Everything after that IS through IK Multimedia - product registration, download, install....

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
**Please delete if not allowed**

HumbleBundle have the full version of IK Multimedia Sampletank 4 starting at £0.76
I've purchased many times from the site all ok, has a charitable donation if you wish.
Regards
Brian
https://www.humblebundle.com/software/ik-pro-sound-suite-software

Brian Cadoret
BIAB 2024 Pro with BIAB2023 UltraPAK build 1111. Samplitude Pro X4 Suite. Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio
Focusrite 2i2 Scarlett
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hmmm… I’ll have to see if I have this one already.

BIAB 2024 Audiophile, 24Core/60CoreGPU Core M2 MacStudioUltra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer11, LogicPro
Finale27/Dorico/Encore/SmartScorePro64/Notion/Overture
Off-Topic
Expert
Online Content
Expert

Matt, sorry for my confused sounding reply. I "puchased" Brandenburg pianos (which I did not have) for FREE last night. The serial number comes by email from audioplugin.deals, but that serial number is valid when used in the IKM Product Manager, and Brandenburg pianos will then show up on your IKM My Products page. A lot of 3rd party sellers work like this, and I've never had a problem.

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
Presonus Faderport 16
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I’ll take another look. I assume I can take the serial number and enter it into the IKM site, then the download will appear?

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I had to use the OLD IK Authorization Manager, instead of the current Product Manager.

Once I entered the serial in it, the piano showed up in ST4.

Off-Topic
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Matt, there is probably more than one way to do this. I entered the serial number in the IKM Product Manager (their app) after which the sound files were available to download from the IKM My Products page on the IKM site. Floyd used a different method that worked as well.

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
Presonus Faderport 16
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted by floyd jane
I had to use the OLD IK Authorization Manager, instead of the current Product Manager.

Once I entered the serial in it, the piano showed up in ST4.
I had the exact same experience. I wasted over an hour on the installation, uninstall, reinstall, uninstall and reinstall and authorization of the "freebie". IKM's online "How To" documentation is dead wrong.

IKM's new marketing slogan should be:

IKM, where our left hands have no idea what our right hands are doing. That's what makes us great piano players!

ThinkPad i9 32GB RAM 7TB SSD; Win11 Pro; RME Fireface UCX II; BiaB 2024 Ultra
Bitwig Studio 5; Studio One Pro 7; Melodyne Studio 5; Acoustica Premium 7
Gig Performer 5; NI S61 MK3; Focal Shape 65; Beyerdynamic DT 880 & 770
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I'm glad I looked. Found it in my ST3 libraries. When I opened up SampleTank 4 and startrd to search, there is was. It's a nice VI but I have so many now, don't know if I'll ever use it.

BIAB 2024 Audiophile, 24Core/60CoreGPU Core M2 MacStudioUltra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer11, LogicPro
Finale27/Dorico/Encore/SmartScorePro64/Notion/Overture
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I grabbed this deal . It's a really nice sounding piano with a number of variations/presets with several of those being useful.

I had to download the product manager.
I downloaded the Brandenburg but discovered that I needed to have sample tank 4 and the default sound samples with it. Once I got all of it, everything worked perfectly.

If you are not an IK media user as I was.... There's a lot of other really good software and sounds that are fully functional and totally free.

I decided that I need to go through my vsti instruments and fx to weed out the stuff that I don't use. Some of the stuff that doesn't sound like I want, or is difficult to use, or was a demo or limited version and now just takes up a lot of valuable hard drive real estate.

I might work on that this week.

But yeah.... This IK deal is good.

As a side note.... I really need to get myself a piano with 88 keys. Just saying.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
QUESTIONS ?? re pianos.

1..is this thread indicative that the current pg piano rt content is inadequate in some way ?? if so maybe users should indicate where the shortfalls are and maybe make suggestions re the type of piano sounds desired. thus saveing users money.
i would far prefer to use pg content where i can instead of dealing with vsti's.

2..personally i feel if one digs there is some pretty good pg piano rt content...eg vancouver piano.
personally i like the sound of a bosendorfer.
as a lover of victor borge comedy sketches i used to like his piano sounds.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 09/24/24 04:40 AM.

my songs....mixed for good earbuds...(fyi..my vocs on all songs..)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs
(90 songs created useing bb/rb.)
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by justanoldmuso
QUESTIONS ?? re pianos.

1..is this thread indicative that the current pg piano rt content is inadequate in some way ?? if so maybe users should indicate where the shortfalls are and maybe make suggestions re the type of piano sounds desired. thus saveing users money.
i would far prefer to use pg content where i can instead of dealing with vsti's.

2..personally i feel if one digs there is some pretty good pg piano rt content...eg vancouver piano.
personally i like the sound of a bosendorfer.
as a lover of victor borge comedy sketches i used to like his piano sounds.

happiness.

om

1. Absolutely. While the real tracks are good for fills and general background stuff you can't get them to play specific licks. If you want something that is "signature sound" level playing, you have to play it yourself. I've run into this multiple times when writing a song. I hear a certain part and I know the real tracks are never going to deliver it. My only option is to play it with a good quality sample.

2. The sound quality of the real tracks is not the issue.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,989
Posts752,084
Members38,962
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jani S., mblaide, CelRiq, Robstrings, motet1
38,962 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 141