Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Here's a song I co-wrote with a fellow NSAI chapter coordinator - Pam Shuler. We were honored to have this one designated as 'One to Watch'.

_HOLY.STY. Holy Praise and Worship Band
All RealTracks. Quintet. Tempo=105

RD: PraiseWorshipPowerPush^2-a:Quarter Kick , b:Snare, Kick :Shannon Forrest
RT1849: Bass, Electric, ModernCountrySync Ev16 100 , Mark Hill
RT1690: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopPromise Ev16 100 , Blair Masters
RT1687: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPromiseGritty4s Ev16 100 , Dave Cleveland
RT1688: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPromiseGritty8s Ev16 100 , Dave Cleveland

Added: RT1946: Mandolin, Rythm

Mixed with Reaper

Shade Tree (SoundCloud)

User Showcase
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Dewey, super song! Congratulations to you and Pam. Killer vocals and a really full sounding BiaB backing track. Spent parts of a couple of summers on my grandparents one-man farm in south Georgia. These lyrics are ridiculously relatable. Loved it!

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Dewey.

My first thought was "Someone's writing a song about the procedural shading algorithm in the REYES render?" wink

As Ron says, super song. You sound great, as does the backing band. Uplifting lyrics - I guess the "Holy" style matches in more way than one.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
The lyrics sound like something from the past, before I was born, but it's a good story, well told and well sung.
Over here we have sunshades smile

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dewey and Pam...this is certainly "one to watch" and even better to listen to...great song ...the concept is very "cool" ...a true taste of southern rock/country Americana...that last verse is the heart catcher for me...everybody needs a shade tree for sure and the thought that we could be that for each other is a tremendous metaphor for how to live our lives! love the song, the production and the delivery!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dewey & Pam,

A good write.
The chorus goes to some unexpected and interesting places. Nice.
Nice vocal and harmony.

fj

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
DC!

The most gratifying of comments to any songwriter is that it was 'relatable'! So thank you - and I'm glad they were to you.

Na zdrowie!

Dewey

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hey David,

Thanks for the listen. Yes, the Holy style helped us move the song along in the direction it went to be sure!

Dewey

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thank you, Dan, for listening and hanging in until the last verse and chorus. It was my favorite part of the song so hopefully the setup (i.e., v1 and c1) are interesting enough to keep most folks listening until the real message is revealed.

God's Blessings to you, my friend!

Dewey

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks, Floyd! I always appreciate your ear and encouragement.

Dewey

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Dewey & Pam, You have a winner on your hands with this one.
Super vocals and lyrics
Really good backing band
Super mix.

PS - this song is so hot that I needed a shade tree just to listen to it!

Yeah, I've got O.C.D, Old, Cranky, and Dangerous.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Congrats on the recognition, Dewey. We all here likely know you're songs are always ones to watch --especially to listen to. Excellent relateable lyrics. Good write, Dewey & Pam. Nice harmony, too.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dewey & Pam,

Kudos for an excellent song. There's a lot to like here: lyric, band, arrangement, vocal, total soundscape.

This remindsd me of my younger days - back in the 50s and 60s. We had two huge oak trees in the front yard of one of the house we lived in back in Troy, Missouri. It put a smile on my face.

Everything about this produiction is spot on. It deserves a wide audience.

Best to you,

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Dang...had me at the first three notes. I don't know why, but I knew I would love it. It reminds me of Sister Hazel. Love the lyrics. And that mandolin! I just wish the harmonies were a little more...something...not sure. There's so much potential there with them. But great song regardless.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,893
Posts750,705
Members38,933
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
dimsha, jonmoi, Paolino27, tikatika, Hack Buster Recove
38,933 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
DC Ron 122