Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#824367 09/30/24 05:21 PM
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
I
OP Offline
I
My drum fills will NOT play before my part markers. The very first one will, but none after. It curious because I also cannot use Rests, Shot and Holds. They work for all the other tracks just NOT my drums.

I am using the Audiophile version and have been having this issue for months. Support has not been able to help me and I am basically sitting on a very expensive product I cannot use.

I am using an Alienware
Processor: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700HX, 2100 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
64GB RAM
8TB Hard Drive
On Windows 11.

I am super frustrated.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shane Bernard
info@shanebernard.com
Veteran
Veteran
Have you tried the return to factory setting/most?

You might want to post the song so we can take a look at it. You can use the free Dropbox program and list the URL here:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs/download-dropbox

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)

Yeah, I've got O.C.D, Old, Cranky, and Dangerous.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Veteran
Veteran
Welcome to the forums.

Just checking that the drums track is not frozen?

The return to factory settings should resolve, but frozen tracks won't regenerate.

What has PGM Support suggested so far?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
Additionally, what year / version and build number of the audiophile version are you using?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
I
OP Offline
I
First, thank you all for taking the time to respond.

Tracks are not frozen. Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, Version 2024 (1113), 64 bit.

I noticed that when I remove "Half-time" it appears to work. Which stinks because it's the perfect sound/combination. Is that supposed to happen?

SB

Shane Bernard
info@shanebernard.com
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Iguanadrop
First, thank you all for taking the time to respond.

Tracks are not frozen. Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, Version 2024 (1113), 64 bit.

I noticed that when I remove "Half-time" it appears to work. Which stinks because it's the perfect sound/combination. Is that supposed to happen?
OK, so more information is forthcoming. Half-time is being used. What are the particular Style(s)?

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
IG.

nothing beats posting your troubling song file as mario suggested.
also it would be usefull if you posted a pic of your bb chord view.

btw when saveing i always save 'patches and harmony' rather than simple save. whether this is your situation i dunno...i just find its best practice fyi.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 10/01/24 05:02 AM.

my songs....mixed for good earbuds...(fyi..my vocs on all songs..)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs
(90 songs created useing bb/rb.)
Veteran
Veteran
I'm waiting for more information on the Styles, etc that are used. I don't think this is related to saving ('saveing'?). I think the issue occurs before any saving occurs.

Hopefully, the O/P can clarify.

I
OP Offline
I
Here are screen shots to include the style for the drums.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
003.jpg (267.05 KB, 75 downloads)
004.jpg (362.16 KB, 75 downloads)
005.jpg (249.87 KB, 76 downloads)

Shane Bernard
info@shanebernard.com
I
OP Offline
I
It will not allow me to attach the song to this thread.

Shane Bernard
info@shanebernard.com
Veteran
Veteran
It will not allow me to attach the song to this thread.
You can upload the song file to Dropbox or a similar file-sharing service, and share the link to the file that way.

Veteran
Veteran
To the O/P, your third screen capture is most helpful. Thanks for that.

Product Manager
Product Manager
I'm unable to duplicate this issue using the same style and setting the drums to half-time - fills play before each part marker, however due to how Realdrums work they technically begin 2 bars before each part marker. It's possible that fills wouldn't work if you had less than 4 bars between each part marker, however it doesn't look like you do.

Right click on each part marker and check if "Allow drum fill..." is enabled for each one - it may be that you disabled one fill, then copied some bars around which propagated that to other spots. Otherwise, as others have mentioned, it would be best if we could take a look at the song file. Uploading to cloud storage would be best, however you can also email it to us at support@pgmusic.com and I'll take a look.

I work here
I
OP Offline
I

Shane Bernard
info@shanebernard.com
I
OP Offline
I

Shane Bernard
info@shanebernard.com
I
OP Offline
I
Problem solved?????????

So, if you look at the first image, I had and extra bar (bar #21). I rebuilt the entire thing which was working so I finished the entire basic set up and BOOM! no longer working. So, I deleted bar 21 and magically it's all working. I AM SO CONFUSED!

Now if I leave the extra bar and move from "Half-Time" to "Normal" for those drums, then that works. But if I want to use half time I have to remove the extra bar. LOL.

What an adventure.

This has been an ordeal because I am trying to use this software to shell out raw, draft forms of songs before going into the studio in hopes of cutting my projects down (time needed). This allows me to convey my ideas, and I have been dead in the water. I am going to roll with this for now.

THANK YOU ALL!!! Truly
If I can return the favor in some other way let me know.
Shane Bernard

Shane Bernard
info@shanebernard.com
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
IG.

heres a totally flexible way to do drum fills any old way you want (also solos). to save me retyping oodles read my drum tips in pg tips and tricks forum...ie...

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=797927#Post797927

and...

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=809094#Post809094

useage of the above tips will allow you to put drum fills (and solos) anywhere in a song your heart desires.

added info/steps details.

1..get an arrange right in bb...and save it.
(not worrying about drum fills at this point.)
keep drums very basic ie 'guide track'.
2..create a bb stereo mix in bb you like (sans drum fills)
3..export stereo mix and save.
4..this is KEY >> create a new bb blank song file with SAME tempo and style
and real drums as the song. (just mute other instrumentation.)
and THEN IMPORT THE STEREO MIX CREATED AS A RESULT of steps 1/2/3 above.
THEN...
5..follow my tips links above eg slapping markers all over the place and experimenting till you get fills (and solos) that crank you up.
useing the imported audio mix as a bed tracks guide.
6..export the drum fills to a audio file.
and import to eg realband the originally genned song real tracks and import the fills audio on its own track and away you go putting fills anywhere you want via editing.
(eg rb tracks and bars views are usefull for this).
you can also "offset' a fill this way either ahead of or lagging the rest of the instrumentation.
there are other tricks too...

eg haveing laid out the song basics in bb ...just import the bb song file into rb and go to town.
you could have 30 drum fill and solo tracks if you wanted...lol..
then comp them down to one final fills track and one final drum solos track if you wished just by dragging around and rearranging bits of drum fills
and/or solos. in summary total flexibility.

Addendum.

a tip..
in rb go to ACTION>>test audio and rb will report number of tracks capability. for your pc..eg on my pc over 180.
i halve it to realise a reserve buffer of power.
SO....in my case 90 tracks.
(i only use max 30 to 40 in a song often way less).
IN SUMMARY rb gives a ton of flexibility generating drums.
also because of its great midi features you can do lots of other fancy things also like creating the 'illusion' of two drummers playing and complementing each other. also a nice idea is to complement pg real drums with funky sounds from synthmaster included with pg apps.
but i dont want to throw too much at you at this point.
there are many tricks in rb (and bb) to discover.

note ive asked in the past for pg to have in bb and rb custom fills and solos drum tracks for genning....but till this gets implemented the tips/links above will do the job.

hth.
happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 10/02/24 06:30 AM.

my songs....mixed for good earbuds...(fyi..my vocs on all songs..)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs
(90 songs created useing bb/rb.)
Product Manager
Product Manager
So, if you look at the first image, I had and extra bar (bar #21). I rebuilt the entire thing which was working so I finished the entire basic set up and BOOM! no longer working. So, I deleted bar 21 and magically it's all working. I AM SO CONFUSED!
I've reported this to the developers, with bug id# 4822.

What's happening is - BB generates instructions for Realdrums one bar at a time. When using a half-time Realdrum, the instructions are given for each bar at regular time, which is the equivalent of two bars at half-time. This works fine if a section of your song has an even number of bars between part markers, but if there's an uneven number of bars the "normal bar" instruction supersedes the "drum fill" instruction (I assume because the normal bar came first). At least that explains why it didn't work for you with 21 bars but it did with 20!

I work here
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Moderated by  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,955
Posts751,549
Members38,952
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
rojina9, soul57, Vince44, iTsens, Brankee
38,952 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 114