Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
J
jonmoi Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi all

No matter what I do BB vst freezes and crashes Reaper 7.22, 23, and 24. In fact as far as I can remember I don't recall it working

I'm happy to use work- arounds like working in BB, rendering to Wave and then importing to Reaper.

That all works fine but it would be nice know if I am doing something particularly stupid regarding the VST

Regards

jonmoi

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by jonmoi
Hi all
No matter what I do BB vst freezes and crashes Reaper 7.22, 23, and 24. In fact as far as I can remember I don't recall it working
I'm happy to use work- arounds like working in BB, rendering to Wave and then importing to Reaper.
That all works fine but it would be nice know if I am doing something particularly stupid regarding the VST
Regards
jonmoi

Firstly, welcome.

There are many users here who have the same configuration that you have mentioned, but I'm not aware of the same experiences.

You mentioned: "No matter what I do", but unfortunately, didn't share what some or all of those actions were.
Please tell us more, and include individual steps, such as:
1: Open something
2: Press this,
3: Load that, etc

You referred to the 'BB vst', are you referring to the BB Plugin, or something else?

Please give as much detail as possible. You will understand that 'no matter what I do' doesn't really help anyone to analyze your workflow or potential issue. There is very likely to be a resolution, but more detail will definitely assist.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
Hi jonmoi,

I have BIAB for Windows and I run Reaper 7.24. I just double-checked that I can set the BIAB VST on a track and then I loaded in the demo song for one of the styles. Everything worked fine.

As Audiotrack mentions, it would be useful to know what you are doing and then how BIAB behaves when it no longer works.I see that you are using build 1114 which is the same build as mine.

--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
J
jonmoi Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Audiotack

Thanks for the welcome

Thank you for your prompt and detailed reply. I'm definitely referring to the BB VSTi plugin

All I have been doing is I run REAPER and then create a track

On that track I try to load the BB VSTi plugin

The plugin gui is visible but if I touch it with the mouse everything just freezes and I have to use the old Windows Cntrl/Alt/Delete to shut REAPER down.

I've tried going back to BB update 1110 but just the same performance

I know it's me but I don't know why or what

Here's hoping

Regards

jonmoi

J
jonmoi Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Audio Track and thanks for the welcome

I just start Reaper and create a track

Then on that track I try to load th BB VSTi plugin. It tries to load and the Plugin gui is visible

However the minute I touch it with my mouse everything freezes. Only the Windows Ctrl/Alt/Delete

closes everything. I've gone back to Update 1109...............just the same result

Its obviously me but I don't how or what

Here's hoping

Regards

jonmoi

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Has BB Version 1114 been released yet ???

Keith

Veteran
Veteran
All I have been doing is I run REAPER and then create a track

On that track I try to load the BB VSTi plugin

The plugin gui is visible but if I touch it with the mouse everything just freezes and I have to use the old Windows Cntrl/Alt/Delete to shut REAPER down.

I've tried going back to BB update 1110 but just the same performance

Are you using the VST3i version of the plugin? That is the one that I use in my Win 11, 64 bit operating system.

[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
J
jonmoi Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Noel96

Yup that's the one I am trying to use

Regards

jonmoi

Expert
Expert
Hi Noel96

Yup that's the one I am trying to use

Regards

jonmoi
Hey, jonmoi

Where can I find version 1114? I've looked for it everywhere...

Thanks in advance!

DB09

Band-in-a-Box 2024. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Veteran
Veteran
Where can I find version 1114? I've looked for it everywhere...
I think build 1114 must be in some sort of 'pre-release' testing status at present. As far as I know it hasn't been released. I'm not sure how the O/P came across it. It's certainly not listed on the PGM web site at present.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
Jonmoi,

How do you run BIAB? When you installed it, did you put a full installation on your hard drive or did you install the program so that it runs from a USB hard drive?

--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
J
jonmoi Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Noel 96

I don't have BIAB running at all when I try to install the plugin

But BIAB is installed on my hard drive

Regards

jonmoi

Last edited by jonmoi; 10/07/24 07:25 AM.
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Even though BiaB is not running the folder locations do matter. You may be trying to add a VSTi to the wrong type of track.

try this:

Open reaper to the tracks view

right click to the left of the tracks area under the transport area (blank area) chose "Insert virtual instrument on new track..."

chose "VSTi3" Band in a Box DAW VST3 Plugin (PG Music Inc.) (16 out)

Say either yes or no to the 16 output option ( i usually say no) i just want a stereo output set up.

Let us know what happens.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2024, Realband, Reaper, Harrison Mixbus 32c , Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
J
jonmoi Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Rob

Thank you very much for your detailed reply

I tried it 3 times but when the box came telling me to say yes or no i couldn't click either yes or no everything just froze and out came the Ctrl/Alt/Delete

I did not mention earlier, my Reaper and Biab are on two different drives but when I install updates for Biab it knows to stick the plugin in to the correct VST folder ie c:Program Files/Common/VST

Regards

jonmoi

J
jonmoi Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Noel96

Thanks again for your interest

I have 2 internal drives on my computer Cee and Dee

Reaper is on Cee and Biab, a full install, on Dee

Regards

jonmoi

Product Manager
Product Manager
I tried it 3 times but when the box came telling me to say yes or no i couldn't click either yes or no everything just froze and out came the Ctrl/Alt/Delete
I assume the "yes or no" is when Reaper is asking to add extra outputs for routing? If that's the case, then the BB plugin can't be the problem here as it's only once you click either yes or no that Reaper actually loads the plugin.

Do you have any issues loading any other plugins? From my testing, build 1114 and Reaper 7.22 and 7.25 are working together correctly.

I work here
Veteran
Veteran
jonmoi,

My setup is the same as yours. Reaper is on C: and BIAB is on D:
I also have build 1114, and I am currently running Reaper 7.25 and it works fine for me.

When you installed build 1114, did you rebuild the style list in the main BIAB program? Also, open BIAB and have a look that build 1114 did install. You can find this information under "Help | About And In A Box". It will be in brackets following version 2024.

Regards,
--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics83,016
Posts752,412
Members38,972
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
leolll, Brommy, JohnTheler, Elton John, sirhc1956
38,972 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 158
DC Ron 100
rsdean 94
BYOBand 71
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.