Go To
#825139 10/08/24 04:10 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
How do you tell if a plugin is a VST or DXi ?

Soundiron Emotional Piano is a case in point.

I've gone to the install folder and documentation and nary a mention of which it is or a "VSTi" in sight. Ditto the website.

It plays in Kontakt 5 player so I'm assuming its a VST2 which BIAB should play. In my naivete I used to think Kontakt only played VSTi but apparently plays DXi too. So fact Emotional Piano plays in my Kontakt Player isn't dispositive that its a VST.

Could it be its a DXi which would explain why I cannot find a VST associated with it ?

Reason I'm asking and connection to BIAB is I'm trying, so far with no success, to get it to play nicely with BIAB
and can't get the VST selection in Options to see it.

I'm trying to locate all my VST2's scattered (damit) over 6 drives- told you I was a Newb). Just searching Windoze search function doesn't seem to find them all.

Thinning hair almost on fire...

Newbie Bob

Veteran
Veteran
Emotional Piano from SoundIron is a Kontakt player .nks file. Which means you must play it in Kontakt.
Emotional Piano from SoundIron has been licensed for use in the free Kontakt Player virtual instrument engine. It can be used in Kontakt Player or the full retail version of Kontakt (version 5.5.2 or later) for VST, AU or AAX instrument plugin formats. You can add this product to the Kontakt “Libraries” browser. It requires online serial number registration through the Native Instruments Service Center app.

So you need to install the Kontakt.dll file (from Kontakt 5 or 6) and then Kontakt will open in BIAB and allow you to play any .nks file you have on your computer. I showed you where the kontakt.dll file is likely hiding in another thread.
C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit\Kontakt.dll

I also showed you how to use Everything to find all your files by search extensions. You are close to getting it working, keep at it.

Final Tour - Not with a Bang but with a wimper!

B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
DrDan-
Thanks for stickin' with this doofus.
I'll get after it and do as you say today ! Coyote piano just isn't cuttin' it.
BTW DrDan, I thought for <years> Dr. Peter Gannon was a dentist. Tech support recently edified me he is an M.D., alive
and kickin' since he started PGMusic in his 20's I think.
Thanks for the help !

Bob

B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
DrD-
Kontakt 5 Player already is installed. That's why I can pull it up and boot up Emotional Piano in it and it plays fine.
Its just that I don't see either Kontakt or Emotional Piano in my BIAB options.
What's a mother to do ... ?

Bob

B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
I checked and Kontakt5.dll appears in C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit and boots un stand alone as a Player along with Emotional Piano.
So it seems to be I am not running a Kontakt 32 bit which as I understand it won't run in BIAB which needs 64 bit.
So what now ? I must be dense.

B.

Veteran
Veteran
Sounds like you may have fallen into a trap in terms of compatibility. Which is what Mario was suggesting. Best I can tell Kontakt went to 64 bit with Mid v5 (~v5.67). If yours is older than that it may be 32bit and will not work in BIAB. If so get the free Kontakt 6 player which is 64bit .dll and still not yet VST3, and try that? I use full Kontakt 6 with BIAB and last time I checked it was functional.

B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
I've got Kontakt 6.7.1 Player and again, Emotional Piano plays fine.

If that's the problem and BIAB is seeing and refusing my Kontakt 5 which I also have installed, how do I insure that
BIAB is looking at the Kontakt 6 and not the Kontakt 5 ?

B.

Veteran
Veteran
On my machine I have Kontakt 5, 6 and 7. But when i look in my BIAB and on all my drives I find a ferference to one file:
Kontakt.dll!

[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

That Kontakt.dll opens Kontakt V6 in BIAB
[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

Veteran
Veteran
Your path forward looks pretty clear to me. Do you need a video to show you how I get it all to work on my system?

B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
A video would be helpful to me if not much trouble, as I'm still not clear yet exactly
what steps I did and why, even with Simon's instructions- and whether I can duplicate the steps again. I remember when dialog screens came up there was some ambiguity what to do
next. A video would be great to archive, as I've got two more PCs to do this on.

B.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics83,016
Posts752,412
Members38,972
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
leolll, Brommy, JohnTheler, Elton John, sirhc1956
38,972 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 158
DC Ron 100
rsdean 94
BYOBand 71
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.