Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Over the years I've accumulated numerous BIAB files (I think I even have the original BIAB floppies lying around somewhere).
I would have flunked out of library school first semester for sure.
I have things like various separate styles, soloist disks, Ultra, Mega, Everything etc. PAKs etc. etc. on CDs, multiple hard drives, etc.
I want to (if possible) consolidate all this BIAB stuff onto ONE external SSD
I just installed the 2024 BIAB upgrade.
So, two questions:

(1) What are all the file types that are used in 2024 BIAB, e.g. Styles, Soloists, Melodist (?), Song, etc., etc.

(2) Can I just sort through all my hard drives for each file type/extension, wherever they are, and (laboriously) copy them all to each
respective single file or subfile folder in my new 2024 BIAB, like D:/bb/Styles, or D:/bb/Soloists, etc. ?

The add-ons of various types, names, numbers, etc. available for BIAB are so complicated and confusing to me that's why I never bothered to try to organize
everything before onto one hard drive. Every year and with every additional add-on it got worse and worse. And I'd bet I'm not alone.

And even with titles like "EVERYTHING" PAK, or "MEGA PAK", I am never sure when I open BIAB that it is seeing all the Styles, etc.
I've accumulated over the years on the various CDs, drives, etc.

That's why, if possible, I want to cowboy up, don my big boy pants, and once and for all try to organize them all hopefully under
ONE BIAB bbw file location. So I KNOW when I'm selecting a Style, for example, that I'm seeing all that's available

Any tips, suggestions, gotchas ? Take up whist, mahjong, or pickleball ?

Newb Bob

Veteran
Veteran
Best approach would be... depends on what is the latest upgrade you purchased.
Was it 2024 Ultrapack, or something else?

B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
It's worse than I thought.

Going over my drives I find things that are apparently relevant to BIAB like:
RealBand
RealTracks
AllPak
101 Riffs
Drums
DX Settings
Ear Training
Jazz Styles Upgraded
JazzPrac(tice ?)
MIDI SuperTracks
SoloDemo
Soundtrack MIDI Fakebook
Artist Performance Set 1

If I copy all this stuff to the new drive D:/ where I installed my new 2024 BIAB and put it under the /bb folder, will BIAB see it all ?

For example, there are BIAB files under the 101 Riffs subdirectory which I purchased some time ago. Will BIAB when I open it see them ? Or do I just open them from the 101 Riffs subdirectory ? And how do I know when BIAB is seeing things in the "AllPak". Do I need to open AllPak and send the files somewhere under BIAB ?

I'm out on a ledge now, unfortunately only 2 stories high, in Liberty Hill, TX, our highest buildiing. Talk me down....

Newbie Bob

Veteran
Veteran
Here is a pacifier...
Original question: What did you upgrade in 2024? Was it an Ultra Pack or something else? Knowing this will narrow down your request.

B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
I just got “Band in a Box Pro Upgrade 2024”

Bob

B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Ooops. I think you were asking what was the underlying product I was installing my 2024 upgrade ONTO ? I’ll have to check. It’s different on each computer. Pretty sure I have either the Ultrapak or Megapak though on at least one PC

Veteran
Veteran
Yeah...
In this case, I would suggest contacting PGM directly, so they can look over your account and tell you exactly what you need to download to make your BIAB the most complete - what you paid for.

I don't think asking this question on the forum will be fruitful, as only PGM knows exactly what you have/ bought.

Veteran
Veteran
If you have 2024 Ultrapack, it will simplify many things.
If you have a prior to 2024 version, I would suggest contacting PGM directly.

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
My strategy has been to buy everything then buy every upgrade and always install into my existing installation. That appears to have worked for the past 12 years although I'll occasionally find something missing.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by bobcarwell
… If I copy all this stuff …
Newbie Bob
Versions before 2018 have files in different places than they are now. You can do it manually but only if you are confident navigating the depths of your drive and using a file manager. I recommend you follow RustySpoon’s suggestion to contact PG Music Support. See the Support tab, above.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Don't know why his post doesn't appear here.

But MoutiPass passed on this tip:

"You have "C:\BB\Data\BB_Cleanup.exe" which does the job. I recommend it."

I've never heard of it and wonder how ANYONE would ever know or find it.

Best,
Bob

Veteran
Veteran
We know about it because it was run automatically as part of the installation of the 2018 upgrades. There were a few cases reported afterword of some files not in the right place and the advice was to run that utility.

That’s possibly problematic for people who upgraded after 2018 from versions before 2018. I recall having to deal with a few situations from forum questions. Your situation is simply the latest case, but it’s more difficult because you have several versions from several years that cross the 2018 date.

I’m not sure if you can, but DO NOT run the Cleanup utility on any version before 2018.

Does it make more sense now why a few of us have advised you to seek assistance from PG Music Support?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
Nobody so far has mentioned Help->"What add-ons do I have", which may help.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11
BIAB2024 Audiophile, a bunch of other software.
Kawai MP6, Ui24R, Focusrite Saffire Pro40 and Scarletts
Veteran
Veteran
Gordon,
that will not solve OP question, as he himself doesn't know what he has (bought) and what he don't have. PGM would be able to see that. We do not. It would be a time waste try to piece something together blindly. Best course of action would be for PGM point OP to specific packages on his account, so he can download all he has (or reference against the list) and consolidate all in one place...

Veteran
Veteran
... though he says his strategy was to buy upgrades and install over the existuing installation.

He does though also say that he has multiple PCs with different installs, so perhaps PGM can offer a simpler and more consistent solution.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11
BIAB2024 Audiophile, a bunch of other software.
Kawai MP6, Ui24R, Focusrite Saffire Pro40 and Scarletts
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
I will be contacting tech support soon for help, as I clearly can't go it alone.
Case in point: I have the "Ultra" or "Mega" pak I got on a hard drive. I just checked, and it is not even listed in "My Products".

Bob

B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
For years it has been very frustrating to me trying to figure out when I see a product how much of it I may already have and what each of the products is, limitations and
what it plays in- OmniPAK, MegaPAK, Ultrapack, RealCombo, MIDI Supertracks, MIDI styles, Artist Performances, SynthMaster Styles, Melodists, MIDI soloists, Real
Styles, RealBand, 101 Riffs, and on and on. One of the most confusing and complicated product mixes I have ever seen.

Bob

Veteran
Veteran
Yeah, lots of components. However, once you do a clean install of all, it should be fairly easy to maintain for the future. Now that we got Download manager, a lot of things got simplified. You can likely download everything you bought over a few hours with average connection and just have all installers (program and content) in a single folder for backup/future migration purposes and forget about all the previous hard drives.

Expert
Expert
Originellement posté par bobcarwell
I will be contacting tech support soon for help, as I clearly can't go it alone.
Case in point: I have the "Ultra" or "Mega" pak I got on a hard drive. I just checked, and it is not even listed in "My Products".

Bob

A clue: If you bought products a few years ago, before personal accounts managed by the online manager existed, or if you bought the product through another channel, the system cannot remember things that it does not "know", or has never known.
At this point it is up to you to register your product in the system, and then, miraculously, it will know.

Biab Audiophile 2024 11.13, Win11
B
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Thanks all for the encouragement guys. I WILL get this fixed. I've learned my lesson the hard way and will never end
up here in the creek again. Anxiously awaiting response and my paddle from Tech Support.

Best,
Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics83,016
Posts752,412
Members38,972
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
leolll, Brommy, JohnTheler, Elton John, sirhc1956
38,972 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 158
DC Ron 100
rsdean 94
BYOBand 71
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.