Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
a recent post of mine found a bug which was reported to the developers, but BIAB 2025 willl be here in about six weeks. so will there be any new patches for BIAB 2024? I seem to remember there have been a few bugs reported since the last build. or will we have to wait until 2025 is released for the bugs to be fixed?

presumably the Mac version will be getting patches until mid 2025.

Expert
Expert
The software is never finished until the last user dies.

biab2024(Mac) Latest Build
Mac OS Sequoia 15.0.1
Apple M2 pro 32GB Ram
Logic Pro 11
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Bob Calver
a recent post of mine found a bug which was reported to the developers, but BIAB 2025 willl be here in about six weeks. so will there be any new patches for BIAB 2024? I seem to remember there have been a few bugs reported since the last build. or will we have to wait until 2025 is released for the bugs to be fixed?

presumably the Mac version will be getting patches until mid 2025.
Bob, I wouldn't be surprised if there's another build released for 2024. December is still several weeks away. The company never seems to disclose when a new build might become available. They certainly released an update for 2023 in October last year.

We all just wait and see what might happen...

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted by Bob Calver
will we have to wait until 2025 is released for the bugs to be fixed?
I've been waiting since 2012! laugh

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by JohnJohnJohn
Patience, JJJ. Patience... grin

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
Oh, I'm all about patience these days. I've already gone through the 5 stages of software grief with BIAB!

Denial: "There's no way it works like that! It must be me."

Anger: "Well, I'll be danged. It DOES work like that. That really makes me mad!"

Bargaining: "Maybe if we agree to forego new features they'll clean up the issues?"

Depression: "Nope. They won't."

Acceptance: "I just don't care! I love what the software DOES do! And what it doesn't do? Well, I can do that in my DAW!"

Veteran
Veteran
A wide consensus is, which is evident from a few large discussions on the forum this year, people want existing issues and shortcomings fixed & existing features optimized for better workflow... which includes optimizing GUI. Before introducing brand new tools.
2024 update was a good step in the right direction. I hope 2025 will be even better.

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
Oh, I'm all about patience these days. I've already gone through the 5 stages of software grief with BIAB!

Denial: "There's no way it works like that! It must be me."

Anger: "Well, I'll be danged. It DOES work like that. That really makes me mad!"

Bargaining: "Maybe if we agree to forego new features they'll clean up the issues?"

Depression: "Nope. They won't."

Acceptance: "I just don't care! I love what the software DOES do! And what it doesn't do? Well, I can do that in my DAW!"

Hahaha, this is so on point, I actually wrote something similar in a post back in 2019--it was actually part of a longer post that was very favorable to BiaB , but the relevant part was:

"So here I stand, where many of you have stood before: I've gone through the denial (oh, I'll just email PGM about this, and it will be fixed in a jiffy) anger (why the hell isn’t this being fixed?!), bargaining (if this is not fixed, I won't upgrade next year), and depression (this program sucks, why do I bother), and now I'm at that acceptance phase (it is what it is, best print out a copy of the Serenity Prayer, and keep it within sight at all times when running the program [As an aside, we've seen this process dozens of times with new forum users, and we will no doubt see it many times again, so please let the new users vent, it's hard to drop anywhere from $130 to $670 for a program that, let's be honest, does not quite work as advertised])."

Band-in-a-Box 2024. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Veteran
Veteran
I do hope that they release a new Build prior to 2025. There are too many issues to mention, and they really need to be addressed as part of this year's deliverables.

Veteran
Veteran
Never. And that is definitely not a complaint. Kudos to PG Music for fixing them as the arrive. Not every software company is so dilligent.

It's a big, multi-funcitonal, complicated app that gets improved year to year. There are users with so many different computers, computer configurations, and other apps that compete for resources that it's probably impossible for a program this complicated to predict how it will work in every users situation.

So, IMO, PG is doing a great job.

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Notes Norton
Never. And that is definitely not a complaint. Kudos to PG Music for fixing them as the arrive. Not every software company is so dilligent.
That depends a lot on how one interprets "stop patching".
Looking theough the history up patches and updates, there is only one most-recent patch of a release since 2007 that is in the subsequent year, and that's 2019's build 644, which was released in January 2020.
That implies to me that they stop bug-fixing each release roughly when the new version is released. If one doesn't "upgrade", the bug-fixes stop, but if one does "upgrade" one gets a bunch of additional new bugs.

As far as I'm concerned that means they stop patching bugs at each new release. I think one reason for that is that at each new release it's "all hands to the pumps" to deal with the new bug reports from users of the new release.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11
BIAB2024 Audiophile, a bunch of other software.
Kawai MP6, Ui24R, Focusrite Saffire Pro40 and Scarletts
Veteran
Veteran
Although it’s not about bugs per se, I give PG Music credit for re-releasing some RealTracks with fixes or notation added or better sound. Some of these improvements affect sounds that are years old.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
I suppose fixing bugs on old relases isn't worth their time. PG isn't a big company like Apple or Microsoft, so resources are limited.

I've been here since there were 3 instruments, and no user styles, intros or endings. With new features come new bugs, and with the variations in user setups, it's difficult to do a release without someone's computer not liking it.

PG seems to stay alive with it's annual releases. I prefer that to a subscription plan. It gives the users a choice. Every year new features are added, and many of them are what we users wish for.

I have some wishes that were granted, others not yet, but all in all I find PG to be one of the better small software companies.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
Although it’s not about bugs per se, I give PG Music credit for re-releasing some RealTracks with fixes or notation added or better sound. Some of these improvements affect sounds that are years old.
Agree and I don't mean to disparage what they do do.

Originally Posted by Notes Norton
I suppose fixing bugs on old relases isn't worth their time. PG isn't a big company like Apple or Microsoft, so resources are limited.
Also agree.

I wrote more but have binned it.

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 10/14/24 12:26 PM. Reason: typo

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11
BIAB2024 Audiophile, a bunch of other software.
Kawai MP6, Ui24R, Focusrite Saffire Pro40 and Scarletts
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Same here PG do a great job.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics83,016
Posts752,412
Members38,972
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
leolll, Brommy, JohnTheler, Elton John, sirhc1956
38,972 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 158
DC Ron 100
rsdean 94
BYOBand 71
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.