Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
A REPLACEMENT FOR COYOTE ?? IE THAT IS GM COMPATIBLE. (USEABLE IN BOTH BB AND RB.)

coyo has many things going for it...
..ease of use. eg..user doesnt have to set patches when importing a pg midi demo.
..low pc resource useage. good for the user useing an old clunky pc.

the only negative being that people complain about its quality of sounds.

i use coyo LOTS cos i dont in bb or rb have to muck around setting up patches.
i like to work fast when the muse hits and coyo lets me do that.
WHEREAS if i make say sforzando the default plugin in bb
preferences THEN i have to go through the setting up patches rigmarole.
(also bb STILL uses coyo to play the midi demoes rather than sforzando.)

i'm not trying to be an awkward entitled 'brat'...but i'm thinking of say a user new to pg/bb/rb. wouldnt it be nice to have a plugin with the advantages of coyo BUT with better sounds ?
ie sounds of the highest quality that could even be used in serious final song versions rather than demoes.
particularly as it looks like TTS-1 a user cant get anymore.

in summary imho there is a hole in the market.

pretty please pg. anyway you could provide a nice new gm plugin ?
it would be great for us that like to work fast rather than haveing to divert our attention to setting up patches continually.
yes the other pg synth plugins provided are good but they require lots of work
re patches.

hope i make sense.

other pg users...feel free to give a +1 if you agree.
hopefully if there were enough positive votes pg might consider this suggestion. also it might be a money saver for users.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 10/12/24 10:21 AM.

my songs....mixed for good earbuds...(fyi..my vocs on all songs..)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs
(90 songs created useing bb/rb.)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
It would be highly beneficial if there were a GM compatible module with improved sounds that integrated natively and seamlessly into BIAB.

+1

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
+1 for better sounding GM

Originally Posted by justanoldmuso
.....................................BUT with better sounds ?
ie sounds of the highest quality that could even be used in serious final song versions rather than ................................
om

BUT I don't think you will get a software GM sound set you can use in a serious final song. GM has 128 different sounds. I have good and not necessarily great individual sounds that have a ram point higher than all of GM sounds. Thus the ram needed for a good sounding GM could be 128 times what we have now! IMHO you would need a great sounding hard synth to achieve your goal. YMMV

Yeah, I've got O.C.D, Old, Cranky, and Dangerous.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Mario.

good points you make obviously.

i can hope....lol.

i'm just wondering how to make things easy for new users.
lots of people want 'gimme now' these days....so...prolly find setting up patches on lots of midi tracks a chore.
versus how coyo does it.

respect.

om

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
+1
And I also agree with both AudioTrack's and Mario's comments, though some of the bigger/better soundfonts are pretty good. Probably still better, though, to use a more sophisticated engine for top quality work. I'm thinking of NI, Spitfire and similar.

Edit: What's wanted, IMHO, is an easily used GM or GM2 synth that sounds pretty good that delivers juust by selecting the instrument name from the GM/GM2 list, much as the basic operation for CoyoteWT.

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 10/12/24 03:07 PM.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11
BIAB2024 Audiophile, a bunch of other software.
Kawai MP6, Ui24R, Focusrite Saffire Pro40 and Scarletts
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Gordon.

re whats wanted etc. totally agree.
the KEY is patches switch automatically a la coyo.

happiness.

om

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by justanoldmuso
Gordon.

re whats wanted etc. totally agree.
the KEY is patches switch automatically a la coyo.

happiness.

om

Did my video convince you that this works with the VSTSynth Font?

Final Tour - Not with a Bang but with a wimper!

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
OM,

How about Band-in-a-Box uses a built-in midi soft synth sound module that does not require any programming by the end user, is invisible to the end user, is operating system agnostic and can be customized by PG Music as needed to work within the framework of their programs; would that work?

Sometime ago I +++ made a wishlist request +++ for PG Music to integrate +++ Fluid Synth +++ as the midi player for Band-in-a-Box and RealBand.

If PG Music used Fluid Synth as a built-in midi sound module and used +++ Don Allen's Timbres of Heaven Soundfont +++ for instrument patches they would have an integrated midi sound module that is both GM and GS compatible as well as transparent to the user.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1113) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
JIM.

i think thats a fantastic wow idea for pg to consider.
particularly for new users.
ie the most minimum user interraction possible unless if and when
the user chooses.

wonderfull idea.

happiness.

om

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by DrDan
Did my video convince you that this works with the VSTSynth Font?
FWIW, I already think it works with VSTSynthFont, but early when I tried that I kept getting two synths playing simultaneously. I still don't know why or how I fixed it.

Where I've found VSTSynthFont 'strange' is if I "show plugin's window", but part(most?) of my confusion with it is due to using the Compifont SF2 set, which has (I think) GM/GM2-compatible patches but with different names. "Timbres Of Heaven" seems to use GM/GM2 patch names, so I think I'll switch soundfonts.

I still don't really understand why PGM don't just switch to VSTSynthFont64 instead of CoyoteWT ... maybe there's a copyright/license thing going or with the software or soundfonts?

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
All.

ok had a good sleep...lol.
heres some comments as i'm feeling refreshed.

1. in the two styles i exampled youll notice in one is a banjo and the other
there isnt. now the question becomes useing synthfont with ok 'timbres of heaven' when i double clik on those 2 styles does the following occur (like it would with coyo)...
a..on double clik each style sounds different and reflect the patch different settings.
b..in the synthfont display do the patch id's//names change ?
ie the user doesnt have to do any intervention and can happily move through the style list fast demoing with their chord sheet after doing F7 and displaying the styles list.
in summary the user doesnt have to go 'to and fro' changeing patches manually in synthfont display and then going back to the next style in the list.

ie...there is no hopping around or setting up fiddling ariound.
ie mirroring coyo behaviour.

to everyone...all i'm concerned for is the new user.
us long time users can 'find a way' to do things but the new breed of song creators often have a 'i want it now' approach otherwise they get frustrated.
there is another 'wrinkle'. viz rb can do loads more midi tracks than bb.
so how should this be handled re a replacement for coyo ?

sorry ...but i'm not trying to be a pita or 'diva'.
my concern is how to make things easy for the new user so they go 'wow pg thats neat'. without them haveing to go through lots of set up work like setting up patch templates in the plugin main display or haveing to download synthfonts etc etc.
it should be just like coyo currently with the minimal user intervention imho.

for example lets consider a new plugin...
the 'PG FANTASTIC GM/GM2 SYNTH PLUGIN'...
you just set it up in bb as default and thats all you need to do.
(and of course just like coyo there is no lag...ie great for new users with old clunky pc's.)
then like coyo the user useing the above new gm plugin (with extended sound sets ?) can merrily double clik in the styles list demoing styles fast with their own chord sheets.

i hope i make a modicum of sense.
if ive made any errors in my thinking feel free to throw rotten eggs at me...lol.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 10/13/24 04:41 AM.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Gordon Scott
FWIW, I already think it works with VSTSynthFont, but early when I tried that I kept getting two synths playing simultaneously. I still don't know why or how I fixed it.
I have seen that. I suspect you tried to set up the Default VSTSynthFont in the Mixer! While that will work on a single track it will also create a second occurrence of the VSTSynth which should have been set only in the Options Tab.
[/quote]

Final Tour - Not with a Bang but with a wimper!

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by DrDan
Originally Posted by Gordon Scott
I have seen that. I suspect you tried to set up the Default VSTSynthFont in the Mixer! While that will work on a single track it will also create a second occurrence of the VSTSynth which should have been set only in the Options Tab.
Yes, something like that. It was certainly related to having set VSTSynthFont as the default, I'm just not sure whether I'd set it also on a track, or whether CoyoteWT was still working somewhere. Whatever, it quietly went away and hasn't returned.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,989
Posts752,084
Members38,962
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jani S., mblaide, CelRiq, Robstrings, motet1
38,962 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 141