Go To
#825951 10/17/24 06:09 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
A Biting Chill on Soundcloud
A Biting Chill on YouTube

Well, it's gettin' cold in these parts. Winter's coming, but first there is Halloween. This song is about a cold snap when vampires roam. Once again Dave Bell (Blue Attitude) came through with some amazing guitars that bleed like blistered fingers. A tasty treat for any creature of the night. A special thanks to granddaughter, Charley, for creating the prompts that coaxed CoPilot into submitting the best gruesome images.

Style is _HROCKLA.STY (LA Hard Rock, All RealTracks)

RealTracks in style: 999:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockLAFuzzyA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 996:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockLACrispA-B Ev 120
RealDrums in Song:RockHardLA^8-a:Snare, Loose HiHat , b:Snare, Crash Ride was used in the redesign in EZDDrummer.
Dave Bell (Blue Attitude) played guitar. I played bass and sang.

A Biting Chill

INTRO- A biting chill invades the air. Shadows creeping everywhere.
We're slowly drawn nto its the biting chill.

I got a feeeling that there's going to be some wicked wind tonight.
There's gonna be a full moon,
and the scary nightly suckers need a bite.
You won't stay safe outside. There's nowhere you can hide.
It's gonna be a freaky fright.

A biting chill is in the air. Shadows creeping everywhere.
We're slowly drawn against our will into the biting chill.

Well here they come now.
We can see the thoughts of blood in hungry eyes.
They're gonna stay all night and drink their fill
until the Sun begins to rise.
You won't stay safe inside. There's nowhere you can hide.
Prepare for being terrorized.

The midnight mayhem is a gruesome time to find yourself alone.
You feel those slinking shadows sink their fangs
into your flesh down to your bone.
Then soon you join the craze, and sleep away your days
and rest beneath your own tombstone.

A biting chill is in the air. Shadows creeping everywhere.
You float along with deadly skill into the biting chill.

V-- (G-C=G Bb-F)4 Bb F Bb G

CH-- (C G)3 Bb D...

SOLO-- (G-C=G Bb F)4 Ab Bb C D...

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty,

This is great! It sounds like some of the best 60s bands got together and recorded a Halloween song.

You sound excellent, Dave sounds excellent and the band is kicking! Awesome mix.

Loved it!

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
SOUNDS AB FAB.
I might be imagining it but the line " We're slowly drawn against our will into the biting chill." on it's 1st run through seems to fade in.
Apart from that - ACE - percussive are incredible as well.

Last edited by rayc; 10/17/24 09:11 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
L
Journeyman
Journeyman
L
I don't know if I'm going to sleep very well after hearing and seeing this Marty. But there's worse than vampires: The tax inspector!
Laurent

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Ha! ha! What a fun song! Creepy cool lyrics and SUPER vocals. LOVE the guitar work, and that repeating riff is dynamite. The bass really anchors it all. This is SCARY good!!

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
We have nightly suckers here; they hide during the day behind our shutters. I think they're kinda cute.
Love all that space around the drum in the middle and just the overall rockin' fun of the piece.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Marty and Dave, you did it again. You have produced an other masterpiece!
Great vocal and bass.
Loved that guitar lick Dave.
Super mix.
Great video.
Loved it.

PS - "A special thanks to granddaughter, Charley, for creating the prompts that coaxed CoPilot into submitting the best gruesome images."
Marty, please tell your granddaughter those pictures almost gave an old man a heart attack wink

The more I get to know people the more I realize why Noah only allowed animals on the ark.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bob is right. This DOES sound like a top 60's band!

A Biting Chill! HAHAHAHA.
Good write.
Standout vocals.

Dave is in top form!
And, of course...that Bass!

Excellent.

fj

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I love your song, even if the upbeat background music distracts a little from the creepy lyrics.
Slow and E minor is the way to go for creepy!
That being said, what you and Dave are doing is really good, your vocals/bass and his guitar work sooo well together - I think you 2 should start a band grin

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
rsdean #826214 10/20/24 05:55 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by rsdean
Marty,

This is great! It sounds like some of the best 60s bands got together and recorded a Halloween song.

You sound excellent, Dave sounds excellent and the band is kicking! Awesome mix.

Loved it!

Bob
Wow, Bob, that would be a fun time in the studio. Thanks!

Originally Posted by rayc
SOUNDS AB FAB.
I might be imagining it but the line " We're slowly drawn against our will into the biting chill." on it's 1st run through seems to fade in.
Apart from that - ACE - percussive are incredible as well.
Thanks, Ray. Whenever I make a mistake I do it again, as if to say to the audience, "I meant that." In this case I'll justify it by saying I meant that cuz it's suppose to give the idea of 'slowly drawn'. In both instances I'm lying. Thanks for all of your commments here and elsewhere, Ray. You have excellent ears, my friend.

Originally Posted by laurent4114
I don't know if I'm going to sleep very well after hearing and seeing this Marty. But there's worse than vampires: The tax inspector!
Laurent

Haha. Well said, Laurent. In some gatherings, I'd choose the tax collector over the Pharisee trumpet blower though. hehe

Originally Posted by DC Ron
Ha! ha! What a fun song! Creepy cool lyrics and SUPER vocals. LOVE the guitar work, and that repeating riff is dynamite. The bass really anchors it all. This is SCARY good!!
Thanks, Ron. Man, I agree with ya on Dave's riff. Not the first time he raises the song to its highest potential. Wait until you hear the new one he's working on.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Wow Marty, truthfully I usually don't like these kind of songs very much. They often come off just too corny ... but now this! Great stuff. I love the title and the way you work the hook into the song. Musically, it's outstanding! Love your vocal, and you did a great job of talking through the intro too. The way your bass and Dave's guitar work together is simply magic. Man what a team. I love to hear the two of you playing together, it's always a sure fire recipe for the ultimate sound experience!

Brad

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What an opening with Dave's guitar! Perfect riff for your song.
One of your best vocals.
You created an extraordinary sound with the BIAB, your cool bass line, and Dave's guitar. Fun! One of my favorite Marty songs.

BYOBand #826426 10/22/24 06:29 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by BYOBand
We have nightly suckers here; they hide during the day behind our shutters. I think they're kinda cute.
Love all that space around the drum in the middle and just the overall rockin' fun of the piece.
Thanks. Do not be fooled by their charm, Beth. smile

Originally Posted by MarioD
Marty and Dave, you did it again. You have produced an other masterpiece!
Great vocal and bass.
Loved that guitar lick Dave.
Super mix.
Great video.
Loved it.

PS - "A special thanks to granddaughter, Charley, for creating the prompts that coaxed CoPilot into submitting the best gruesome images."
Marty, please tell your granddaughter those pictures almost gave an old man a heart attack wink
Thanks, Mario. I read this to Charley the day I saw it, and she loved it. She said, "Mission accomplished," then, to calm my surprised look, she stressed it was successful because of the "almost" part.

Originally Posted by floyd jane
Bob is right. This DOES sound like a top 60's band!

A Biting Chill! HAHAHAHA.
Good write.
Standout vocals.

Dave is in top form!
And, of course...that Bass!

Excellent.

fj
Thank you, floyd. Stay warm. [and stay safe, man. my brother lives in Naples. Course he just calls it another Florida storm.]

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for the invite, Marty, this was a fun song to work on.

And thanks to those that mentioned my guitar part wink

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
So Awesomely Cool !! Like the Vincent Price / Thriller intro, then it moves into a great Rocker. Like the Video AI images. Supports the vibe and lyrics. Like the sound effects.

Elliott Kayne
elliottkayne@gmail.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic
https://www.facebook.com/ekayne

Health, Wealth, Family, Faith, Friends, and Fun

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
I love your song, even if the upbeat background music distracts a little from the creepy lyrics.
Slow and E minor is the way to go for creepy!
That being said, what you and Dave are doing is really good, your vocals/bass and his guitar work sooo well together - I think you 2 should start a band grin
Thanks, Brain. Yeah, I'm real not good at matching clothes either. Always function over fashion. In this case, I have no excuse.

Originally Posted by Brad Williams
Wow Marty, truthfully I usually don't like these kind of songs very much. They often come off just too corny ... but now this! Great stuff. I love the title and the way you work the hook into the song. Musically, it's outstanding! Love your vocal, and you did a great job of talking through the intro too. The way your bass and Dave's guitar work together is simply magic. Man what a team. I love to hear the two of you playing together, it's always a sure fire recipe for the ultimate sound experience!

Brad
Thanks, Brad. Monster Mash was pretty corny, but that's what we kids grew back then. The color still comes through sometimes. Hey, I missed you, and am very glad you're back. Thanks also for all your great comments on songs from the bottom of the pile. Thanks again and again.

Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
What an opening with Dave's guitar! Perfect riff for your song.
One of your best vocals.
You created an extraordinary sound with the BIAB, your cool bass line, and Dave's guitar. Fun! One of my favorite Marty songs.
Thanks, Scott. Yeah, I love that riff Dave came up with and how he brought it out again at the perfect spots. I also love the one he devised for his new one, Chase The Light. Much appreciated, Scott.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics83,016
Posts752,412
Members38,972
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
leolll, Brommy, JohnTheler, Elton John, sirhc1956
38,972 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 158
DC Ron 100
rsdean 94
BYOBand 71
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.