Page 1 of 2 1 2
#826036 10/18/24 08:09 AM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Wild Ones

Just letting off a little steam as well as trying to learn horn parts.

BiaB Style = Rock Hard Ev.8 - 5 SideStick
I deleted the guitar and bass tracks
The B3 track is a combination of sections of the piano and utility tracks.
Drum track - Steven Slates SSD-5 - metal kit 1

I am playing the rhythm, lead, and bass guitar parts and with my breath and keyboard controllers the Swam trumpet 1, trumpet 2, tenor sax, alto sax, and the bari sax parts.

Let me know what you think of this little jam session.

The more I get to know people the more I realize why Noah only allowed animals on the ark.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #826043 10/18/24 09:43 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Mario,

Love this! Some really wild horn parts in there! Love the mix as well - big and punchy!

Bob

MarioD #826070 10/18/24 01:10 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Mario,

You need to LET OFF STEAM more often!

Rockin'

Horns are cookin'
and I like the wild guitar!

fj

rsdean #826086 10/18/24 05:30 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by rsdean
Mario,

Love this! Some really wild horn parts in there! Love the mix as well - big and punchy!

Bob

Thanx so much Bob. I tried real hard to get them to sound real and I think I did.

The more I get to know people the more I realize why Noah only allowed animals on the ark.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
floyd jane #826087 10/18/24 05:32 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Mario,

You need to LET OFF STEAM more often!

Rockin'

Horns are cookin'
and I like the wild guitar!

fj

Thanx so much Floyd. My arthritic hands felt real good that day so I was able to add a little speed to my chops. Thanx for the horn compliment, I really appreciate it.

MarioD #826102 10/18/24 11:34 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Mario.

Sounds like you were having fun with the horns and guitar.

Thanks for sharing! smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
MarioD #826108 10/19/24 12:44 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Now, see, I didn't expect to hear this when I clicked on the song. I love it. Absolutely brilliant. You're versatile in your talent, too, and that's a heck of a compliment, in my book. The track sounds ever so professional, I wouldn't bat an eyelid if I heard this on the radio. Your guitar playing is superlative. The horns are great ... but what really stands out for me is your writing, here. NOT easy to do, and yet you've done it, and then some. Hats off to you, sir.

MarioD #826110 10/19/24 01:35 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Wowzer, Mario! That's cookin' with gas, as they say, or used to say. Super playing on all instruments; your feel is sizzling. Great backup band, and your horns have a super Stax feel. Haven't noticed anyone doing MIDI horns like that, or that well. It's a cool effect for sure. Loved your tune!

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
MarioD #826117 10/19/24 03:46 AM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Reading about it sure made it sound complicated. I imagined you set up like Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins with the whole band attached to your body. Letting off steam and having a bit of fun too, I think. Awesome sound!

dcuny #826178 10/19/24 04:19 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Mario.

Sounds like you were having fun with the horns and guitar.

Thanks for sharing! smile

Thanx David. Yep I was having fun!

musician17 #826179 10/19/24 04:20 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by musician17
Now, see, I didn't expect to hear this when I clicked on the song. I love it. Absolutely brilliant. You're versatile in your talent, too, and that's a heck of a compliment, in my book. The track sounds ever so professional, I wouldn't bat an eyelid if I heard this on the radio. Your guitar playing is superlative. The horns are great ... but what really stands out for me is your writing, here. NOT easy to do, and yet you've done it, and then some. Hats off to you, sir.

James, thanx so much for this wonderful review. I greatly appreciate it.

DC Ron #826180 10/19/24 04:22 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Wowzer, Mario! That's cookin' with gas, as they say, or used to say. Super playing on all instruments; your feel is sizzling. Great backup band, and your horns have a super Stax feel. Haven't noticed anyone doing MIDI horns like that, or that well. It's a cool effect for sure. Loved your tune!

Thanx so much Ron. Thanx so much for that MIDI horn Stax feel comments. I tried to make the horns sound as real as possible.

BYOBand #826181 10/19/24 04:25 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by BYOBand
Reading about it sure made it sound complicated. I imagined you set up like Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins with the whole band attached to your body. Letting off steam and having a bit of fun too, I think. Awesome sound!

Thanx so much. Yes I was letting off steam and having a lot of fun. Or maybe it was because I was off my meds laugh

MarioD #826220 10/20/24 06:34 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yeow!! Knocked me down with this one, Mario. Soaringly sensational sounds. Driving bass and some outstanding work on the other cats in the jammer. Most impressive how you managed all these incredible musician(place no S here), and brought them in perfectly. Really an incredible mix, man. So much to hear, but that abrupt ending like the whole band dropped everything to look at the engineer asking, "Is that okay? I need a drink." {This is cool... I listened 3 times so far and each one Bob Dean and Jolitz come in with a Berlin Rain.}

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
BabuMusic #826223 10/20/24 07:02 AM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Yeow!! Knocked me down with this one, Mario. Soaringly sensational sounds. Driving bass and some outstanding work on the other cats in the jammer. Most impressive how you managed all these incredible musician(place no S here), and brought them in perfectly. Really an incredible mix, man. So much to hear, but that abrupt ending like the whole band dropped everything to look at the engineer asking, "Is that okay? I need a drink." {This is cool... I listened 3 times so far and each one Bob Dean and Jolitz come in with a Berlin Rain.}

Thanx so much Marty. I worked hard on the mix so I'm glad it is OK.
No that abrupt ending was not everyone looking at the engineer, it was the wife yelling "suppers ready" whistle

MarioD #826618 Yesterday at 12:57 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Super cool track Mario! As I listened I kept thinking, oh man I'm going to have to mention those horns, no wait, I have to talk about that guitar, oh man, but what about that bass! It all just sounds terrific. Loved every second of it. That must have been a bear to mix, but you sure did good!

Brad

Brad Williams #826627 Yesterday at 01:34 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Brad Williams
Super cool track Mario! As I listened I kept thinking, oh man I'm going to have to mention those horns, no wait, I have to talk about that guitar, oh man, but what about that bass! It all just sounds terrific. Loved every second of it. That must have been a bear to mix, but you sure did good!

Brad

Thanx so much Brad. Yes it was a challenge to mix as I have never done horns like that before. I'm glad you mentioned that.

MarioD #826647 Yesterday at 05:13 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! Sounds great Mario! I really like it when you let off steam!!

smile

David Snyder #826650 Yesterday at 07:33 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Wow! Sounds great Mario! I really like it when you let off steam!!

smile

Thanx David I'm glad you liked it.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Quite the ride! A fun listen from start to finish. You need to let off steam more often I think, Mario wink

User Showcase
L
Journeyman
Journeyman
L
We are really in the sound of the 70s. I love it.
Laurent

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Quite the ride! A fun listen from start to finish. You need to let off steam more often I think, Mario wink

Dave, my wife says I let off steam way to much now!
Thanx for listening and commenting.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by laurent4114
We are really in the sound of the 70s. I love it.
Laurent

Thanx Laurent, I appreciate your very nice comments.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"Just letting off a little steam as well as trying to learn horn parts."

Well that steam generated a really cool jam.
You are cooking on all the many parts you played.
And epic one man band indeed.
Plus those horns worked great ... something we've long wanted to experiment with.

Excellent!

J&B

You can listen to our catalog on Apple Music or Spotify by searching on Janice Merritt
Our Videos are here on our website
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Frank Zappa meets Chicago meets Spencer Davis Group.....

That's an interesting tune.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
"Just letting off a little steam as well as trying to learn horn parts."

Well that steam generated a really cool jam.
You are cooking on all the many parts you played.
And epic one man band indeed.
Plus those horns worked great ... something we've long wanted to experiment with.

Excellent!

J&B

Thanx Janice and Bud. It was hard work but fun playing those individual horn parts, not to mention mixing them. But I did learn a lot so the next time it should be easier. Thanx for listening and commenting.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
Frank Zappa meets Chicago meets Spencer Davis Group.....

That's an interesting tune.

Thanx Herb. You heard a lot more in this song that I did!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics83,016
Posts752,412
Members38,972
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
leolll, Brommy, JohnTheler, Elton John, sirhc1956
38,972 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 158
DC Ron 100
rsdean 94
BYOBand 71
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.