Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#826460 10/22/24 01:05 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
New song....well, it's been a WIP for several months as I worked some things out.....

This is best served loud.

Whiskey Train

The Band:
B3 Organ 686

Everything else: H. Hartley : Bass, Drums, 4 guitar tracks. Just some basic stuff.

The guitar on this is my Gibson SG through a new Quilter Amp.... very cool amp BTW. It's analog, with JMP, AC15, and Fender amps modeled, choice of open or closed back cabs, and Jensen, V-30 or CL-80 speakers. No FX, just some reverb like the real amps, and tone.... oh my... I'm in love.

Lyrics

Whiskey Train

[Verse]
Rusty tracks in a wasteland dark
Midnight moon can't see too far
Shattered dreams in a bottle's grip
Had it all at my fingertips

[Verse 2]
Echoes howl where shadows creep
Empty nights no chance to sleep
Whiskey pours like tears on fire
Burnin' down like a funeral pyre.

[Chorus]
On that whiskey train ridin' through the pain
Haunted by those dreams I'll never see again
Rollin slow with a tortured mind
Broken hearts I've left behind

[Verse 3]
Gravel crunch beneath my boots
Hidden past I can't refute
Stained with sin from past life bends
On a road that never ends

[Verse 4]
Ashes fall like haunted rain
Carry weight of love disdained
Hurts like hell but can't complain
Ghosts like smoke on a whiskey train

[Chorus]
On that whiskey train ridin' through the pain
Haunted by those dreams I'll never see again
Rollin slow with a tortured mind
Broken hearts I've left behind

[Verse 3]
Gravel crunch beneath my boots
Hollow cries from tarnished roots
Stained with sin from past life bends
On a road that never ends

[Chorus]

Copyright Herb Hartley 2024

I've been accused of writing too many "girly love songs" .... so, this isn't that.....Pull out your bottle and have a drink.
Feel free to comment and certainly... turn it up and enjoy.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Herb,

Yeah, this fills the room! Sounds awesome through speakers. Love the song, vocal and excellent band.

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Love the sound of your guitar. And that little solo kicks a$$. Sounds like a darn good whisky song to me!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah!

This is great, Herb. Love your vocal, and the guitars are loud and proud.

Great write too, love the chorus especially.

Excellent!

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
WOW ... sounds like a classic Lynyrd Skynyrd song. Cool guitar tones, jams, and riffs. Works on every level, lyrics, vocals, production.

Elliott Kayne
elliottkayne@gmail.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic
https://www.facebook.com/ekayne

Health, Wealth, Family, Faith, Friends, and Fun

rsdean #826541 10/23/24 12:01 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by rsdean
Herb,

Yeah, this fills the room! Sounds awesome through speakers. Love the song, vocal and excellent band.

Bob

Bob, glad you liked it.... it's certainly heavy on the guitars but like any good rock and roll song should be.

Thanks

www.herbhartley.com

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
Love the sound of your guitar. And that little solo kicks a$$. Sounds like a darn good whisky song to me!

Thanks Ezekiel, Nothing like the sound of a Gibson through a good amp. That was the third edition of the solo. IIRC, that was the JMP with the gain cranked.

I'm glad you liked it.

www.herbhartley.com

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Herb, fabulous rear end kicking song and a sonic blast. More Herb-in-a-studio than BiaB, but the organ sounded nice. Super guitar tone for sure. Cool feedback outro, too. Nicely energetic vocals. MIGHT turn the reverb down on the vocals a bit, or turn up the predelay, as the verb is washing out your vocals a tiny bit. Great vocals can be heard, and should be. Loved your song!

Last edited by DC Ron; 10/23/24 03:12 PM.

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
Guitarhacker #826582 Yesterday at 06:38 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Heab,

The guitars sound good.
Vocals, too.

fj

BlueAttitude #826614 Yesterday at 12:23 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Yeah!

This is great, Herb. Love your vocal, and the guitars are loud and proud.

Great write too, love the chorus especially.

Excellent!
Thanks BA.
I've been wanting to do a "guitar in your face" kind of tune for a while..... This was a good opportunity to do that and take the Quilter out for a shake down run. See what it could do.
That vocal turned out better than what I was expecting..... the first few renditions were a bit rough. Then I dropped my MVT* plugin on the track and waaa laaa....

(MVT* Mediocre Vocal Talent)

www.herbhartley.com

Elliott Kayne #826615 Yesterday at 12:25 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Elliott Kayne
WOW ... sounds like a classic Lynyrd Skynyrd song. Cool guitar tones, jams, and riffs. Works on every level, lyrics, vocals, production.

It's been a long time since anyone said something I wrote sounded like Skinny Lynyrd. Thanks.... I have a couple more very similar to this.... up front guitars and all that stuff..... stay tuned....

www.herbhartley.com

Guitarhacker #826626 Yesterday at 01:32 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Herb, rock at its absolute best.
One of the best rockers I have heard in a long time.
Super vocal and guitar!
IMHO your best to date.

The more I get to know people the more I realize why Noah only allowed animals on the ark.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Guitarhacker #826631 Yesterday at 02:01 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Oh yeah, this is a good old whiskey song for sure

Sounds kinda like Molly Hatchet.

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Herb, fabulous rear end kicking song and a sonic blast. More Herb-in-a-studio than BiaB, but the organ sounded nice. Super guitar tone for sure. Cool feedback outro, too. Nicely energetic vocals. MIGHT turn the reverb down on the vocals a bit, or turn up the predelay, as the verb is washing out your vocals a tiny bit. Great vocals can be heard, and should be. Loved your song!
DC Ron

Thanks Ron.... Yeah that's a lot of my tracks in there but I've been doing that a lot recently. This one had the B3 that worked really nicely. I'll look at the predelay on the reverb. Glad you loved the song.

Herb,
The guitars sound good. Vocals, too.

fj

Thanks FJ. I appreciate you.

Herb, rock at its absolute best.
One of the best rockers I have heard in a long time.
Super vocal and guitar!
IMHO your best to date.

Mario. Thanks. Wow.... thanks.

Oh yeah, this is a good old whiskey song for sure

Sounds kinda like Molly Hatchet.

David.... Hatchet.... One of my favorite Southern Rockers. I saw them way back when they were first causing ripples in the music scene..... I appreciate the compliment.

www.herbhartley.com

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Herb. Stopped by to give this a listen the other night, but didn't write to tell ya how much I like it. Listening again now, maybe it was cuz it took my words away leaving me breathless. Dang, that heavy guitar (as grandaughter Charley would say) slays, man. Hard pounding whiskey song, chugging along with fire.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics83,016
Posts752,412
Members38,972
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
leolll, Brommy, JohnTheler, Elton John, sirhc1956
38,972 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 158
DC Ron 100
rsdean 94
BYOBand 71
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.