I posted this in the BIAB for Macintosh board already and it was suggested that I repost it here:

This applies to Apple Silicon Macs (M1–M4)

I am wrapping up a couple of weeks consulting with Apple over what I will call Sequoia Hell. I'll spare the gory details but all problems except one were due to Sequoia changing Permissions on most of my Users files.

Yesterday, after a complete Time Machine Restore, BIAB crashed immediately — no spinning Beach Ball, nothing. A couple other apps crashed the same way so I started firing up Uninstallers and downloading Installers trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together — all crashed the same way before opening. What the ????

Although most Mac apps are now Apple Silicon Native, many installers and license manager apps are not. As we all should know, BIAB and the BIAB Install Manager are not AS Native either. This got me wondering if this was really a Rosetta II issue.

Apple's documentation states that, if an app requires Rosetta II and it is not installed, there will be a pop-up you can click on to install. I wasn't getting a pop-up but nothing else was making sense so I called my contacted in Apple Support this morning and was eventually routed to someone who had heard of this before. She wasn't sure about the cause but told me that there is a Terminal Command in case the pop-up doesn't appear:

Open Terminal (in your Utilities Folder). Copy the following and paste it into Terminal:

softwareupdate --install-rosetta and hit the Enter or Return key.

You will see a few lines ending in Type A and press return to agree: Type in the following:

A and hit the Enter or Return key.

I got a few lines of errors but then it reported, Install of Rosetta 2 finished successfully

BIAB and all my other troublesome apps now opened as they should (except Dropbox but that was a different problem and their Support gave me a different set of Terminal Commands to fix that).

BIAB 2024 Audiophile, 24Core/60CoreGPU Core M2 MacStudioUltra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer11, LogicPro
Finale27/Dorico/Encore/SmartScorePro64/Notion/Overture