Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The level of interest in the forums can be further explored by selecting Member List > Who's Online.
At present there are 15 Users logged in, and 176 Visitors. It is quite possible that many of those 'visitors' are members who have simply not logged in. That tells me that there is significant interest by many in the content of these pages, and what PG Music is doing.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I fully believe that a headline such as "50 Major Improvements" or "You Asked and We Delivered with Multiple Improved Features" would not be lost on the readers.

That is a #2 for sure.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Personally, I find it difficult to opt for either one or the other, not the least because we never know in advance which RTs and what new features will be released at an annual update.

First of all, that current features should be optimized is a given, and should not even be part of the equation, tbh (VST3 support is another example of an improvement that should just be rolled out as a routine and sensible update because, ya know, 2024 and all).

Second, not all new features are created equal. All windows float, partial regen, the MTP, the ability to preview styles, rts, etc on the fly are all game changing, whereas many others not so much, IMO.

Similarly, when it comes to RTs, some of them are unique and exciting to experiment with (world/prog/cinematic/baritone), and others are more of the same (country, Americana, New Orleans). Just to clarify, I realize that some folks here are into styles/would appreciate RTs that others do not, and hence all styles should be represented to the extent feasible, but having a new batch a campfire fingerpicked guitars is just redundant and pointless as I see it.

What I would like to see is 1) all current features updated and optimized as a matter of course throughout the year; 2) ~75 UNIQUE RTs/ ~25 RDs, 3) more MIDI supertracks, and 4) 15-20 killer new features.

And I want them to fix the damn bass tabs! mad

70% of my use for this program is to learn and practice bass, and the notation has been getting progressively sloppier and lazier over the years. Many tracks simply won't display it at all (despite having the tablature notation long underscore and being represented as such in the RTs filters) or will display one or two notes per measure, and then sometimes they will have the entire track play so the root is on the E string such that you have chords it wants you to play starting on the 14th fret. It's absolutely ridiculous.

DB09

Band-in-a-Box 2024. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
I fully believe that a headline such as "50 Major Improvements" or "You Asked and We Delivered with Multiple Improved Features" would not be lost on the readers.

That is a #2 for sure.

#2 focuses on improvements and bug fixes rather than multiple 'new' features.
Of course, #2 always includes new RealTracks, new Styles, new MIDI and more. That part has not changed. Voting for #2 does not affect the new musical additions to the program, but it does work to fix existing bugs and improve the program functionality. Call them Bug Fixes, Improvements, or something else, the real intention is to improve the program by eradicating existing deficiencies.

Last edited by AudioTrack; 09/04/24 02:46 AM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
Originally Posted by Gordon Scott
The stats to the right of the fora suggest 38,842 members, though how many actually look here is another matter and indeed also how many are duplicates. Many fewer post.
Yes, I addressed that above.
So you diid. My appologies, I missed it.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11
BIAB2024 Audiophile, a bunch of other software.
Kawai MP6, Ui24R, Focusrite Saffire Pro40 and Scarletts
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
We may be a small slice of the BiaB users, but we are dedicated, we know the app better than the casual users, and those casual users will benefit from our feedback to PG Music.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Notes Norton
We may be a small slice of the BiaB users, but we are dedicated, we know the app better than the casual users, and those casual users will benefit from our feedback to PG Music.
Yes, this, exactly.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Most software companies release new version of software every 2-3 years, some take much longer. PGM tries hard to be different and upgrade path is VERY reasonably priced. However, because some features are done on the fast track, good number suffer from various forms of limitations and inconsistencies. With "New Year" always around the corner, some don't get proper attention and continue to build up.

I would love to see alternating yearly upgrades. Meaning: One year - new features and new tracks. Second year - focus on fixing issues, limitations, completing & optimizing existing features and new tracks. This gives the benefit of observing broader reaction and make corresponding changes for the better that suits most, without the time pressure.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
Most software companies release new version of software every 2-3 years, some take much longer. PGM tries hard to be different and upgrade path is VERY reasonably priced. However, because some features are done on the fast track, good number suffer from various forms of limitations and inconsistencies. With "New Year" always around the corner, some don't get proper attention and continue to build up.

I would love to see alternating yearly upgrades. Meaning: One year - new features and new tracks. Second year - focus on fixing issues, limitations, completing & optimizing existing features and new tracks. This gives the benefit of observing broader reaction and make corresponding changes for the better that suits most, without the time pressure.

yeah, well that and some more RTs each year, somehow I never have too many of those.
Maybe alternating years have an alternating upgrade path/price to match
They'll still get 'new users', so that pricing path would need adapting.

Last edited by rharv; 09/04/24 08:04 PM.

I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Make your sound your own!
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#

The usual strategy with most companies is, of course, major a upgrade every few years with a upgrade price and minor bugfix releases in between, free of charge.

There are times with PGM's releases where I feel that the early adopters in particular are effectively release-candidate testers, which is possibly(probably?) why the low price at that stage. Recently I've fought back a bit against that by getting the upgrade early, but not installing it until at least that first flurry of bugs are fixed.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11
BIAB2024 Audiophile, a bunch of other software.
Kawai MP6, Ui24R, Focusrite Saffire Pro40 and Scarletts
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,758
Posts748,870
Members38,873
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
burny7777, Sarah, annaclara58427, ELDebansky, Chief O’ Stuff
38,873 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 160