Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Mario.

i'm rather confused.

what are you trying to do ?
sorry not being awkward.

are you trying to mix the two mission one demoes in one s1 arrange screen ?

heres an idea...load up mtstudio...and do the same as your doing in s1...same steps...if the same situation occurs in mtstudio then i would suspect that its just that the two pg demoes are different ?

i would be curious to see two pics whereby both graphics
show 5/4 ots. cos your second one is 4/4.

notice for example your first 5/4 tracks start in cel 9...
after drums...i got same here....are you expecting to start right
at the bar start ie the one ?

is it question of setting s1 as swing in one case ?
and even in tother ?

A SHOT IN THE DARK...

NOTE...at top of s1 arrange window is a Q just right of centre.
if you press Q you can set degree of swing from what i see.
maybe this is a factor ?...maybe a quantisation setting ?

fyi...the bottom of my s1 screen is being cut off and i cant set up s1 window to address this somehow.
i guess cos of my vision problems. ..as i make all bigger.

in summary...process of elimination..if you get same probs re swing/even in other daws...then i suspect a setting issue or just how pg did the demoes ?

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 08/16/24 09:36 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Mario.

please read my previous post first.
the mission style i was useing was even.

so now i created in bb the swing version.
and compared.

once again after drums the swing version started in cell 9.
as before for even.
i set 5/4 of course in arrange and s1 piano roll.

question...at what point are you setting the 5/4 in arrange and piano roll ??...before import or after ?
i would import first and then set the 5/4 in arrange and piano roll.
i'm now gonna go test in mtstudio for s's n giggles.
i tell you the developer of mtstudio did it right for users new to music production cos its easier to get into than many daws ive tested.

hth

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 08/16/24 10:05 AM.

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Mario.

see my previous 2 posts.

i tested in mtsdtudio. same as s1.
for both swing and even 5/4 after drum start in both... the music starts at cell 9.

is this not what you want ??
if not please explain further.

hth

om

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
om, I may have misread you initial S1 message.
What I am to do is to bring a 5/4 style into S1, set S1 to 5/4, then have all of the measures and beats (cells) line up and play correctly. I read your initial S1 message as you were able to do that. My bad.

The second pic shows that a 5/4 BiaB style does not line up with a S1 5/4 but it does line up with a S1 4/4.

I hope this helps.

{edit} - If the 5/4 BiaB style matched perfectly with S1's 5/4 then the music would start on measure 3, just like it does when I set S1 to 4/4.

Last edited by MarioD; 08/16/24 03:18 PM.

Inflation is so bad that CEOs are now playing miniature golf!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Mario.

let me apologise in advance if i'm failing you...
i do songs by 'feel' and am no good at theory...lol.

all i can say is ive imported both 5/4 swing and even into mtstudio plus reaps. and both even and swing perform the same in both daws.

try this...boot up mtstudio and import both files ie even and swing into different tracks. do the graphics look right to you ?
remembering of course to set 5/4 as time sig.
reapeat in reaps v2...its a quick dload and boot up.

please clarify one thing ...are you saying you want the drum beats to line up ? but your not getting that re 5/4 but ARE when switching to 4/4.

i'm very very sorry if i'm not understanding your problem...
and maybe its a more complex issue than i'm understanding.

fyi...sorry but i will now be incommunicado till saturday as i'm doing family stuff.

its all my fault i'm no good at music theory...in theory class i...like every bad lad ...was too enraptured with our new music teacher....lol...we were like obediant puppy dogs...lol.
actually kudos to her...she encouraged me hugely to pursue my desire to write songs.

i would urge you to try 5/4 odd and even in other daws like mtstudio and reaps and see if you get the results you were expecting....if you DO then i would suspect an additional setting needs to be made in s1.
definitely s1 is a very good daw...so it might be a setting.
could triplet feel have anything to do with this ? there is an option in s1
i noticed after pressing the Q icon.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 08/16/24 04:08 PM.

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Mario.

a quickie comment ...here in s1 ... mtstudio...reaps v2....
and rb all show the same for mission 5/4 even or swing.

ie...after drum lead in...band starts at 9 cells in.
in summary all the daws match each other as i would expect.
ie 9 cells in.
could the confusion be the way bb works.
notice the use of the -1 bar in bb.

maybe i'm barking up the wrong tree...but maybe its the way bb exports ?

talk to you tomorrow.

happiness.

om

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Mario.

(please see my previous post.)

ok...please could you answer something for me ?
and its at the core of all this.

are you looking for total correlation tween s1 and bb ?
so you can match both screen displays ?
and not have to change your thinking going tween both displays.
eg you have two monitors...
one displaying the OTS in bb and one displaying the OTS in s1 ?
so you want both to look the same on both monitors ideally ? am i correct that the ONLY WAY to get this is to set s1 display to 4/4 ????
and now things match up tween both monitors display wise ?
do you use 2 monitors ? one for s1 and one for bb ?

if i'm correct re the above then its an unsolveable conundrum i suggest....let me explain...

..how i see if a daw has a problem i do the same test in multiple daws. IF all daws match cept one then the one daw that doesnt match i assume has an issue.

..in this case irrespective of 5/4 swing or even...
(all daws set to 5/4) ive found all daws ie...s1 and reaps and mtstudio match. ie...if there were 3 different pcmonitors from what i see all screens would match.
HOWEVER...

..we know that bb handles OTS differently ie...useing a 4/4 paradigm. i'm not trying to be unkind to pg.
i might be wrong...but i suspect its to do with the way the coding has evolved over time. so OTS handling had to be'fitted' into the existing bb 4/4 paradigm ?
only pg can answer this.

..as we know bb is the ONLY daw that does auto accompany...
also notice that when the OTS is imported into s1 it starts at 1 and not -1 like the bb new tracks window.
(another likkle 'wrinkle'.)

given the above i can only conclude its not the fault of s1 that the only way to achieve correlation with bb is to set s1 to 4/4. (how bb works.).
why i'm saying this is all other daws handle OTS odd or even the same way ! ie they match.
(note rb allows for the bb -1 lead in on import of bb song file.)

in conclusion mate i dont think there is a perfect solution.
maybe i'm out to lunch but i feel its a 'perfect conundrum'.
(like many in life eg schroedinger.)

thus i can only suggest you set s1 to 4/4 ?
i see no other way. basically s1 is doing all correctly from what i see as it matches all the other daws.
(i did further tests last night with the various daws.)

am i makeing sense ?? i sincerely hope so.
the only solution i see is if bb were to implement the same
OTS handling methods as the other daws.
but maybe this is difficult due to the auto accompany features the other daws dont have.

as i said a conundrum with no perfect solution.
its just the life of a music app user...lol.
we just have to live with certain things.

ps...can s1 bar settings be set to -1 start lead in ?
addendum....re -1 it looks like s1 will do this...
(but the trial it doesnt look i can try mario.)
ie...in s1...Menu Song > Song Setup > Bar Offset > -1 > hit Apply.
as the bb OTS start at -1
would this help ?? matching in both apps ?

actually thinking about it mario try a bar offset in s1 of -2 ?
do things now match better ?....because in bb with -1 at start
there are 2 bars before the band tracks come in.
ie -1 and 0....see what i mean ?
SO...to match with bb deduct 2 in s1 off the bar 3 band start in s1...gives you band coming in at 1 like bb ??
see what i mean ?? does the offset offer better matching ??
man this is complex...lol.

ps...and maybe rharv can jump on this...what i find interesting is i understood from posts on these fora...but maybe i'm wrong.. that rb used the same back end 'code engine' as bb. so how come rb handles 5/4 differently to bb ?
i'm baffled on this point....as i said the whole thing is very complex....
i would love to hear how mac people handle OTS songs from bb
and if they have to set offset to -2 ? i thought i saw something on the net related to this...eg logic pro on mac re midi imported from other music apps ??

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 08/17/24 06:07 AM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
om, there is a compatibility problem between S1 and BiaB when it comes to OTS. All of BiaB styles come over to S1 as 3/4 or 4/4, thus making it impossible to add other OTS software. It appears to be a S1 problem.

You really don't have to investigate any more if you don't want. It always has been and still is a compatibility problem between the two companies.

Thanx for all of your efforts, you went way above and beyond with your investigations and I really appreciate it.

Inflation is so bad that CEOs are now playing miniature golf!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Mario.

ok...i agree....thanks.

the whole OTS topic is very very complex.

i gave it the old college try out of respect...
and your superb soundscapes.

its a pity we havent heard from mac users as to how
they handle the OTS topic and the interplay between
bb and their daws like logic pro.
ie do they face any of the same issues...oh well.

happiness.

om

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,686
Posts748,096
Members38,855
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
nancyray, Ewan Devico, JKeller, Kikebetico, vantuir
38,855 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 203