Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Expert
Expert
C
Yes, an improved, Ezdrums like, search method has been asked before, and Peter said that something like that was planned:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=756506#Post756506

IMO the current search feature is one of the weakest points of the program.

BIAB 2024, latest build.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
D
Veteran
Veteran
D
Check out this and keep in mind the possibility as related to our Style Picker.

Final Tour - Not with a Bang but with a wimper! Ended.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Software has always been stumped with the "do what I'm thinking" challenge.

+1 Smarter Song search including instrument.
+1 On deeper meta data and improve classification in the library.
+1 Multiple column sorting (let the human find it)
+1 Pattern matching ala Toon Tracks Bandmate and tap to find
+1 Star similarity maps (just another way to zoom in)
+1 AI search, (if PGM can train on the help file, they can also train it on their meta data library) Note: This will only improve things if the data is there. (machine learning only learns from its source)

Not brought up but PGM did make a small step in the right direction in 2024 with the filter drop downs including the style in the Feel, BPM, signature fields, they just failed to make it the default.

The root of the issue is good meta data (data about data).
Odds are "do what I'm thinking" has something to do with genre, feel, time signature, BPM, note duration and instrument, so make it automatic the default and easy to zoom in or out of attribution. " Best substitution is also an attempt this space.

Studio One (latest version), Win 11 23H2 , i9 -10940X 3.3 GHz, 32GB Mem, a 4K 40" monitor, PreSonus Studio Live III Console as interface/controller. secondarily test on Reaper, Cakewalk, and S1 on Surface Pro 3 Win 10 (latest versions).
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Journeyman
Journeyman
S
Yes,
It would be great!

... also if it was possible to analyze and categorize an existing song and drop that into the "Star Map" and having all BIAB styles,RDs,RTs as stars around it in the universe...

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
The UI portrayed in this video is quite powerful and represents advanced programming design.

The "Star Map" reminds me of the K-Nearest Neighbor approach for classification that I've used to solve engineering problems.

I don't have any of the EZ products, but if it actually works as shown it's quite impressive indeed.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Journeyman
Journeyman
Interesting, but in case of AI I would need an On/Off button, as I don´t trust AI´s listening ear.
I typed artist eg. Tiny Tim and there I found (1) tune with Uke.
OR in styles or Real tracks tabs: type ukulele there is more and not too much to choose from.
Im sure that is the possibility for BB at the moment regardless of AI

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
It's a big topic, because it's not only about the styles, but searching for content in general. Likely in some near future, whole PGM content library could be AI analysed and properly tagged for styles, feel, groove with attributed percentile of similarity to search query.

However, some items, I believe should be done to handle sorting better without AI. As a pre requisite to something more advanced. One example would be nested sorting, where previous choices of the columns are respected. Now we have "field" sorting, where sorting of on column resets / disregards sorting choice(s) made on previous column(s).

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
One example would be nested sorting, where previous choices of the columns are respected. Now we have "field" sorting, where sorting of on column resets / disregards sorting choice(s) made on previous column(s).
Yes, this has been suggested multiple times previously, and would definitely be a worthwhile enhancement.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
dont stomp all over me people but playing devils advocate...

imho no matter the fancy code in AI in the future...if one relies on it then i would argue one is gonna miss some great pg content/riffs to use in a song.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 09/05/24 02:26 PM.

my songs....mixed for good earbuds...(fyi..my vocs on all songs..)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs
(90 songs created useing bb/rb.)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by justanoldmuso
dont stomp all over me people but playing devils advocate...

imho no matter the fancy code in AI in the future...if one relies on it then i would argue one is gonna miss some great pg content/riffs to use in a song.

happiness.

om

om, that is a very good point. However if one is looking to record a cover song or composing an original in the style of a cover song wouldn't having AI match styles to said cover song be beneficial? As you pointed out Ai is not the perfect solution for every situation and in fact I wouldn't use it for my originals. YMMV

PS - I would never totally rely on AI in any situation.

Last edited by MarioD; 09/05/24 03:52 PM.

Inflation is so bad that CEOs are now playing miniature golf!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
L
Lloyd S Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
L
om:

My thought would be, to have AI HELP to figure out the "Best" style/styles for the song you entered into the "Type in a familiar song title ... " box, and just put it/them at the TOP of the list, not to the exclusion of all the other styles in your library. That way you wouldn't miss any of the styles that the current StylePicker algorithm uses.

LLOYD S

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Mario and Lloyd.

of course your points are correct.
great points.

only thing that concerned me was in industry we tried to build 'smart systems' but of course there is only so much can do in code. ie...only so far a developer can use AI.

lmao...i'll be impressed with AI when i can say to it go build me a e type jag at no cost.
or one of those nice vettes.

frankly i feel the subject is unsolveable for pg as even more content is added every year. what i mean is in the coming years lets say the pg content is 3 times todays...what programming techniques can pg employ to ease user frustration when going through such huge content. and what about a user like myself that likes to 'cross pollinate' tween music genres.

simple example...use a jazz riff in a rock song.

in summary its gonna be a big challenge for pg imho.
and one i'm not sure there is a good solution for.
just another simple example...the nice synthmaster has around 2000 choices...but...how many people are willing to explore each to see which might turn their song into gold.

lol...its a conundrum wrapped in a catch-22 wrapped in an enigma
wrapped in a paradox...
like schroedingers cat ...just google for info.

ie...ya dont know if a a piece of pg content will apply till ya try it in your song.
i frankly dont know what i'm going to do in the coming years re pg content because, on a serious song...i will go through every piece of pg content i can so i dont end up fretting 'did i miss something that would make the song better ?'
i already have problems cos auditioning all pg session musos i often end up
with over 40 i like. so i then have great difficulty deciding which ones to use
cos i like sooo many.

happiness.

om.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 09/06/24 02:01 PM.

my songs....mixed for good earbuds...(fyi..my vocs on all songs..)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs
(90 songs created useing bb/rb.)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
L
Lloyd S Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
L
om:

You may have lost the gist of the thread. My suggestion has nothing to do with using AI in the song writing process. Instead i wonder if it can be used in the Style Picker to better associate a bb style with an existing song example.

Perhaps I don’t fully understand your last post.

Lloyd S

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,758
Posts748,870
Members38,873
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
burny7777, Sarah, annaclara58427, ELDebansky, Chief O’ Stuff
38,873 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 160